Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Collectors edition vendor

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Desolaytore
02.09.2013 , 07:29 PM | #471
Quote: Originally Posted by jumay View Post
It is very sad and disappointing that they have done nothing to make this perk worthwhile. I bought the CE expecting something beyond what the general public got. What they lead us to believe and what they have provided are as different as a small moon and a battle station.
You've been decieved!

Still waiting for an update!!
"I hear them enter my domain, children unknowing. They will serve..." - The Infernal One
Lightning flashes of insight, Into the mirth of a dark sky,
Pain of division is nothing, Joy of dissolution is everything.

Hakafu
02.09.2013 , 10:34 PM | #472
Boop
/10char

In other news.... still waiting for a responsible company to step up to the plate and admit they wronged their customers.

Desolaytore
02.10.2013 , 08:36 AM | #473
Bump.
"I hear them enter my domain, children unknowing. They will serve..." - The Infernal One

jason_ralph
02.10.2013 , 09:39 AM | #474
The Collector's Edition vendor not being updated, has been a big blessing for me. A really big one, as a Collector's Edition owner. I say this, as Star Wars: The Old Republic is one of three MMO's I currently have a subscription too. I personally feel, I am I not subscribing, it is not worth my time to play.
That said, I am all for supporting a game's cash cow. There's not a mini pet or mount on Blizzard's store I don't own for World of Warcraft. There's nothing on the store for DC Universe Online I don't own (minus the DLC, as you get that free with your subscription). However, while I have dropped quite a bit of cash on the Cartel Market, I just won't drop would I would like too, so, I spend more on the competition. For me, it comes down to as a developer, you want my money. As your costumer, I want what I paid for. It really is that easy.
Oh, and I would like to point out one of the most funniest things I have read here on the forums. Those attempting to say that as a Collector's Edition owner I already got what I paid for. To be blunt, that cracks me up. Either you are trolling, or you simply don't recall how the Collector's Edition was advertised. The Collector's Edition vendor, along with regular updates, was how it was advertised. To say you have one, but not the other, was not how it was promised. The two aren't mutually exclusive. They aren't independent of the other. Not once, did I ever see the vendor mentioned, minus the updates. If there was and I missed it, my bad, as that advertisement was few and far between.
(over heard on a bounty hunter's star ship)
"You took down the Mandalorian Killer?".
"Yep. Blasted him and the star ship he flew in on".

xorcist
02.10.2013 , 12:16 PM | #475
Quote: Originally Posted by jason_ralph View Post
The Collector's Edition vendor not being updated, has been a big blessing for me. A really big one, as a Collector's Edition owner. I say this, as Star Wars: The Old Republic is one of three MMO's I currently have a subscription too. I personally feel, I am I not subscribing, it is not worth my time to play.
That said, I am all for supporting a game's cash cow. There's not a mini pet or mount on Blizzard's store I don't own for World of Warcraft. There's nothing on the store for DC Universe Online I don't own (minus the DLC, as you get that free with your subscription). However, while I have dropped quite a bit of cash on the Cartel Market, I just won't drop would I would like too, so, I spend more on the competition. For me, it comes down to as a developer, you want my money. As your costumer, I want what I paid for. It really is that easy.
Oh, and I would like to point out one of the most funniest things I have read here on the forums. Those attempting to say that as a Collector's Edition owner I already got what I paid for. To be blunt, that cracks me up. Either you are trolling, or you simply don't recall how the Collector's Edition was advertised. The Collector's Edition vendor, along with regular updates, was how it was advertised. To say you have one, but not the other, was not how it was promised. The two aren't mutually exclusive. They aren't independent of the other. Not once, did I ever see the vendor mentioned, minus the updates. If there was and I missed it, my bad, as that advertisement was few and far between.
Trying to read your post, and I don't understand what it is you're saying. It's very confusing.
"There is no calamity greater than lavish desires....
And there is no greater disaster than greed
."

supafreak
02.10.2013 , 12:33 PM | #476
If this thread could somehow get onto a major news program as a side story at least it could put some pressure on EA to finally reply
Death By Snu Snu- The Spirit is Willing But The Flesh is Spongy and Bruised

ArsenalJaycen
02.10.2013 , 01:50 PM | #477
Quote: Originally Posted by supafreak View Post
If this thread could somehow get onto a major news program as a side story at least it could put some pressure on EA to finally reply
I did think of telling people like Gamespot but I think they don't care as they probably take money for good reviews from EA.

Try Fox news they seem to hate EA

Keight
02.10.2013 , 02:56 PM | #478
Initially when I first got the CE Edition I had figured that the exclusive store would be updated with each expansion. But then I was also expecting a new expansion every 3-4 months. (I'm a Sims 3 player, don't hate me)

I was also surprised it took them so long to put up a cash store. I was kinda expecting one. (Sims 3 player)

I'm not really surprised that the Cartel Market is getting updated almost every week. (The Sims 3 store is too) And yeah, part of me does think that what was released in the Cartel Market was meant for the Collector's Edition Store. But if they need the money that badly...

I'd rather get stiffed with the Collectors Edition Store and still get to play the game, then them having to shut down the servers. But that's just me.
(^.^)v

Desolaytore
02.10.2013 , 05:44 PM | #479
Quote: Originally Posted by supafreak View Post
Keep this on the top page everyday is enough pressure for now... but we do need even more pressure on EA

cashogy_reborn
02.10.2013 , 06:00 PM | #480
Quote: Originally Posted by Desolaytore View Post
Keep this on the top page everyday is enough pressure for now... but we do need even more pressure on EA
why? they arent going to do anything, likely ever.

most of the devs who stood behind the decisions made pre-launch and shortly after launch have left the company. the folks running things now are fully supportive of the cash-cow that is the Cartel Market.
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads