Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Do you need to seek permission?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Do you need to seek permission?

Asavar
02.09.2013 , 07:00 PM | #11
It's called courtesy, and when some moron takes one I'm fighting to get near, I follow them purposely waiting for them to get in combat and take theirs.

Zataos
02.09.2013 , 07:14 PM | #12
If someone is fighting the NPCs next to a crate or node, you're a douche if you go snag it, now, I personally have learned to get the node or crate 1st, but it shouldn't be that way if greedy, lazy people didn't make it so.
The Chaoticas Legacy -The Shadowlands Server - (40k kills)
(Havaos Jug 50) (Devaos Sorc 50) (Vorhen BH 50) (Venaos Sin 50) (Xaos BH 50) (Zorgen Jug 50) (Zataos Mara 50) (Gwaraos BH 50) (Xenaos Mara 42) (Tavaos Sin 50) (Jenaos Snip 41) (Scaraos Op 27) (Ravaos Jug 31) (Xinaos Sorc 32) (Dreadaos - Jug 22)

RDeanOU
02.09.2013 , 07:34 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by KariTalRathe View Post
My take is, if someone is fighting near a node then I go to the next one. I will check back and see if they have taken the cache/blown the box up as sometimes they may have completed these missions and only need the mobs. But no I generally wouldn't interfere as you did, but it is players like you that mean we have to go for the node first, rather than do the sensible thing and kill the mobs first.

I suspect you know you were being a little selfish, especially in the first instance, but I would never dream of whispering my disapproval at you if you did it around me. Though you might hear me mutter "Jerk" under my breath
Pretty much this. The only reason anyone has to take the crate first is because people like you will steal it otherwise.

Anglvamp
02.09.2013 , 07:52 PM | #14
People tend to forget there is an actual person on the other side of that character. Yeah, its just a game, but that's never an excuse to be rude. Fortunately, I haven't seen this happen to much, but the fact that it happens at all is rather irritating. There are never so few nodes that you can't simply go on to the next one.

Take a moment, don't be a jerk.

^.^
NO one said SGR content should be at the top of the priority list, but eventually you have to get to the bottom of the list

biguydeadd
02.09.2013 , 08:11 PM | #15
It's stupid.The crate is right there at the mobs,it takes all of 3 seconds to grab the crate and then finish off the mobs.At that lvl you are not weak to those mobs at all,specially with your companion with you.If i see you fighting those mobs,the crate is there and you haven't bothered to click it yet,i'm grabbing it.

Blackhole when i do my dailys at prime is usually crowded,if i stand there fighting a mob and haven't grabbed the crate,it's snatched from me in a few seconds guaranteed.That's why i go for it first,and that's why everyone should.

Seriously,are you expecting someone that comes along and needs a crate,to stand there,ask you if you need it while you are fighting mobs,and then wait for your answer before moving on?Whilst at that time,it's nearly certain another random will come along and grab it while you're both wasting time.

Just click your crate first for gods sakes.
Do you say "could care less"? Please,for the love of god,watch this instructional video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=om7O0MFkmpw

KillaDeuce
02.09.2013 , 08:20 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by RikHar View Post
Lately, up at the Black Hole running the dailies, some players feel like you need to stop and ask their permission to take a crate or a node that they're near to.

For instance:

Myself and another player get to the same spot at the same time from different directions. He went for the npc's, I went for the crate. I left the area then get a message telling me I wasn't suppose to take the crate that it was his.

I see a group of 2 players and their companions go for a group of npc's which I was going for, so I went for the group directly opposite them on the other side. They finished first being it was 4 of them. Upon finishing I see there's a node of metals near them. As I ride towards to the node I see they were just standing there doing nothing, so I continued towards the node. I get there and I take it. Again, I get another whisper telling me I should of asked permission being the node was theirs.

I remember when I first got to these dalies how other players would come by as I was fighting and take the crates near me, but I never said anything about it. Soon after, I learned that you go for the crates before you begin to fight. Common sense.

I already know the way things are in this game having been here from jump strreet and having played MMO's for many years. I know there's little concern from others as far as decorum is concerned. Most players want and go for theirs and too bad for everyone else. But I usually try to be fair and helpful in most things although most times it's not appreciated by others.

I don't feel like I did anything wrong in either case. But I'd like to hear your take on these type of situations.

It is simple logic.

You let your companion tank the NPCs for a second while you get the create first. Then kill the NPCs after.

If someone can't figure that out on their own... Survival of the fittest.
Situational Awareness: improve your Unranked WZ experience
Charric - sniper - POT5 / Bastion
Verbäl - PT - POT5 / Bastion

AgentJacen
02.09.2013 , 08:50 PM | #17
No, you don't. You have the freedom to take things if other people aren't bothering. If you get it first, then they either chose to agro some NPCs, or just stood there and did nothing. The real jerks are the people who accuse you of beating them to something when they decided to slow themselves down.
"Only I've been both Jedi and Sith, and found clarity in the force." -Revan

LuesHougan
02.09.2013 , 09:02 PM | #18
This is something that seriously bothers me, and I let the offending players know it. Reported be damned, I don't care. If you are going to hijack a node from someone very obviously fighting mobs to get at it then you deserve to be called any number of choice names, curses, slurs and profanity I can think of at the time.

The fact is that there are some quest mobs, and nodes that can't "be got" before killing the trash nearby. Even Black Hole, before the server consolidations, was never like that. People assumed, and respected that if you were fighting near something, you intended to collect it. After the merges there were too many people and not enough nodes, so people started changing the rules.

I respect that if someone is fighting near a node, they probably want it. Wait for them to leave or move on to the next one, no need to rush in and grab the node out from under them. Its just bad form, and makes you look like jerk. The fact is, many of are clicking the boxes first out of necessity, its like you can't remember the time when people respected each other in this game. It sickens me to think that its come to this. Also if someone is running towards an objective and you fly in on your speeder and nab it compare it to cutting someone off on the highway, "hey man, not my problem he was taking too long to go". We all hate when people don't respect basic driving principles, why do it here too?

I suggest everyone take a step back and re-evaluate what you are doing out there, and realize that the respect of other players in the community goes a long way to helping you succeed in this game, and in life.
Catinthehat-50 Sorcerer Healer
Cindylouwho-50 Powertech Tank
Foxinsocks-50 Operative DPS

SithKoriandr
02.09.2013 , 09:10 PM | #19
Pffft. It depends!

If you're lightside. You wait. That's what a Lightsider does.

If you're darkside. You take it! It's yours! They should have known better! You're darkside! You don't ask for permission! YOU TAKE WHAT YOU WANT WHEN YOU WANT AND TO HELL WITH ANYONE ELSE!

And if they give you any flak in a whisper, just whisper back, "Feel the power of the dark side. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to a high body count! Let the hate flow through you! Become one with the dark side!"

Then wait a minute and send a second whisper "Or be emo about it like Anakin."

TheBBP
02.09.2013 , 09:25 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Aelther View Post
That's why they should click first, fight later...
I was unaware of the instance when common courtesy gets tossed out of the window because the player did not click the item first.

Quote: Originally Posted by SithKoriandr View Post
Pffft. It depends!

If you're lightside. You wait. That's what a Lightsider does.

If you're darkside. You take it! It's yours! They should have known better! You're darkside! You don't ask for permission! YOU TAKE WHAT YOU WANT WHEN YOU WANT AND TO HELL WITH ANYONE ELSE!

And if they give you any flak in a whisper, just whisper back, "Feel the power of the dark side. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to a high body count! Let the hate flow through you! Become one with the dark side!"

Then wait a minute and send a second whisper "Or be emo about it like Anakin."
That is one of the lamest excuses for inconsiderate behavior that I have ever seen.
Jano Aras'im - Knight of the Republic
Commander - The Way of the Maker Christian/Family-rated Guild
Ebon Hawk