Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

~ * ~ Vanity Pets Guide ~ * ~

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
~ * ~ Vanity Pets Guide ~ * ~
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Jenemi
02.09.2013 , 06:01 PM | #261
Quote: Originally Posted by AshlaBoga View Post
Do what I do - collect every title and pet that ISN'T on the Cartel Market. I just use my monthly CCs for Legacy perks and don't have any Cartel Gear or speeders except the Tython saber (couldn't pass that one up).

I can live in my own bubble where the game never went F2P and got a cash shop.
Unfortunately, as long as I see someone with it, I will know it exists And I love pets--even if I could skip some of the other cartel stuff, I really wouldn't forgive myself if I skipped the pets. As it is, the Cartel Packs won't be around forever--eventually, some will be discontinued for new ones :/
Vanity Pets Guide - I will ALWAYS respond to my PMs as long as I notice.
ịịмąяїℓεαịị♥ऄ██████████████████)

amnie
02.09.2013 , 06:37 PM | #262
the biggest problem I have (heh) with the pets is that I essentially will want to have them all twice, as I know my current main will eventually not be my main anymore (long story short I'm very persistant in my wanting a sage being a togruta and my scoundrel is only a 'substitute' until that happens. if it never happens ok... but if it does, then my 'main-I-have-in-my-head' has already missed out on pets and the idea of even more .. argh )

that being said I have the hope that the old star ships will become cheaper once new ones are out :P

Jenemi
02.09.2013 , 06:39 PM | #263
Unfortunately, there's a higher chance the price will just go up as not as many people will be buying that box

Aelther
02.09.2013 , 06:51 PM | #264
Quote: Originally Posted by Jenemi View Post
Unfortunately, at least half will probably be rare :/ Essentially, any that have a "gold" cartel market symbol instead of silver are rare.

But bleh, I am really sick and tired of it. It's just depressing.
I know, but looking at some "gold" items (Revan's chest or Robes for example) that rarity icon seems to be more like PR thingy and not an actual rarity indicator. Something like "oh look you got a gold item which is very rare (which in fact is not rare at all), go buy more packs now, because you are very lucky today!".

Jenemi
02.09.2013 , 07:00 PM | #265
Yeah, there's some items where it seems really off, but I've noticed it's right with more items than wrong.

AshlaBoga
02.09.2013 , 07:54 PM | #266
Quote: Originally Posted by Aelther View Post
I know, but looking at some "gold" items (Revan's chest or Robes for example) that rarity icon seems to be more like PR thingy and not an actual rarity indicator. Something like "oh look you got a gold item which is very rare (which in fact is not rare at all), go buy more packs now, because you are very lucky today!".
Gold? I don't think that means rare, I think it refers to the type of item (empty CM only shell).
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

darthstinji
02.09.2013 , 08:02 PM | #267
i have yet to get a starship, and I decided to wait, in the hopes that more will be coming with upcoming packs. Hopefully drive prices down.
I personally try to collect all the pets, except the pvp ones.

so you mentioned that there are 16 new pets coming? where did you hear this?

Jenemi
02.10.2013 , 02:30 PM | #268
Quote: Originally Posted by darthstinji View Post
i have yet to get a starship, and I decided to wait, in the hopes that more will be coming with upcoming packs. Hopefully drive prices down.
I personally try to collect all the pets, except the pvp ones.

so you mentioned that there are 16 new pets coming? where did you hear this?
Apparently some people got to test it and I saw a few sites (like dulfy's) that have a list of all the items in the upcoming packs.

Regardless, I won't be putting anything up in advance. @-@ However, it makes sense as it'd be almost all of the other (plus a few new apparently) ones listed when most of the Cartel Coin pets came out and this is supposed to be the last of the current edition of cartel packs (the next coming out around when the expansion does supposedly) so it'd make sense they'd want to get everything out in that last one.

Jenemi
02.11.2013 , 06:50 PM | #269
Vanity pets confirmed for the Relics of the Gree event :/ Which will have PVP oriented stuff.

excuse me while I go into a corner and be sad. On the bright side, yay for not being Cartel related? (but I'm sure a box will come out so I'm going to be stressed and have a nervous break-down~)

Aelther
02.11.2013 , 07:24 PM | #270
Quote: Originally Posted by Jenemi View Post
Vanity pets confirmed for the Relics of the Gree event :/ Which will have PVP oriented stuff.

excuse me while I go into a corner and be sad.
Yeah not a big fan of PvP myself, so if the new pets will have any kind of Ranked Warzone Rating requirement then Pet Collecting will be over for me.