Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Catalyst - get infected by a Rakghoul....

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Catalyst - get infected by a Rakghoul....

Randomvg
02.09.2013 , 04:53 PM | #1
Anyone else having problems getting infected by Rakghouls on Taris? Tried for over an hour to get infected with the Rakghoul virus. I see the "blue" flash that would make me think I got infected... but.... don't get infected.

Tried even just standing there letting them beat on me until I am almost dead and then killing them. See the flashes... but still no infection.

Haven't noticed a forum for bugs/etc.... so just posting here to see if anyone else has seen or had this problem.

Izorii
02.09.2013 , 04:55 PM | #2
When I played a tank I had to give up on that quest however as a DPS or a healer seemed ok and I got infected quickly.

Randomvg
02.09.2013 , 04:58 PM | #3
Well... I found the search function for the forums.... at the top so wasn't seeing it... used to seeing it at the bottom... anyways....

Found that this has happened before and that resetting the quest seems to fix it... not abandoning it... but resetting it.

Will have to try that tomorrow when I play again.

Stealios
02.09.2013 , 05:27 PM | #4
Which rakghouls are you letting attack you?
You need the big red ones (labeled as strong), not the (normal) grey ones.
Stelios - Sentinel
<Nostrum Dolus>
<Tomb of Freedon Nadd>

AngelCath
02.09.2013 , 06:04 PM | #5
You do not need the big red ones even if they seem to be easier to catch it from.
Last time I did this quest (last week) I got it from the very first normal rakghoul I attacked.

If it bugs out though I assume no rakghoul is good enough.
However, if the quest works as intended any rakghoul will do.

KariTalRathe
02.09.2013 , 06:34 PM | #6
Yup any Rakghoul is good. If the mission doesn't update once bitten, reset and you should be all good. All 3 of my characters who have done this quest have had to reset to get the infection to register.

Kallie
02.09.2013 , 06:34 PM | #7
The normals do not infect you. I have done this quest a bunch of times. Strong or higher infect you.

KariTalRathe
02.09.2013 , 06:36 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Kallie View Post
The normals do not infect you. I have done this quest a bunch of times. Strong or higher infect you.
Possibly the weaks were wellying on your companion. I have no trouble getting infected without going near a strong mob - once I have reset.

Kallie
02.09.2013 , 06:38 PM | #9
No they were not going after my companion cause I would dismiss them before doing the quest

KariTalRathe
02.09.2013 , 06:48 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Kallie View Post
No they were not going after my companion cause I would dismiss them before doing the quest
Oh well, maybe they changed the mission then. I just did it back to back this week on two new alts and a pack of wee ones with no mommy ghoul infected me fine.