~ * ~ Vanity Pets Guide ~ * ~

Jenemi

as of lately, I usually run around with either my taun tauns, the raklings or one of my orobirds.... I wish I had a mini-writhering-horror to show off :(

the collector in me is glad there .are. so many pets, but the 'achiever' in me is really upset that most of my pets say 'this person either spent lots of in-game time spending credits - or spending real life money to gamble on packs'

nobody will ask you where you got the gizka from (as cute as they are), but when you run around with an almost black rakghoul or a blue orobird they will be curious/jealous.

bioware, that's the reason .why. we like pets. we like to 'hunt' them :p

Edited by amnie

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Tauntauns are probably my favorites, but I always switch my pet out everytime I log in for the day and/or die. Figure that means it gives them a good amount of face-time, but yeah, Taunlet and Orokeet have definitely been my favorite to earn so.

While dropped ones are technically earned too, I just am more of a puzzle-exploration person and not big on having to deal with loot drops or most recent operations (I am praying there isn't a new operation pet honestly unless it's available on all difficulties. I wish raids would just stick to gear personally and not always tons of vanity stuff)

I've actually had people ask me about the Cartel Packs, but it really does suck to be a collector. I've never been great at earning credits ingame--as implied above, I'm much more of an explorer and adventurer. I have a lot of trouble with repetition so I can't really do dailies and I'm awful at space missions (I still haven't even completed one of the new ones...) so bleh. I'm generally a nice person so I really don't sell anything and I help people out for free. Which also continues my "always poor" streak XD

Regardless, this means I really only have an option to try and gamble with Cartel Packs and I hate gambling. I'd rather pay a little extra to know what I'll get over gambling for it. Of course, a little extra means not the crazy price of that pod racer speeder :/ I get that it comes with speeder training (which most of us already have anyway), but 18 dollars? really?

Supposedly there will be 15 or 16 pets in the upcoming Cartel Pack (Space Pirate). I say 15 or 16 because I counted 16, but one of them was the Arctic Manka Lynx which was mentioned to be one of the 2 pets through Cartel Coin Cards. I mean, this could mean the deal for it didn't work out (I didn't see the Lobel on the list which would mean the Gamestop deal is still okay and just the Best Buy one didn't) so they threw it in the box but bleh.

On the otherhand, the cards are probably 20 dollars anyway....

but really, the whole thing just makes me really really sad. In general, the more I feel I probably won't be able to complete collections or things due to getting behind or frustrated, the less I log in and right now, instead of logging in every day, it's quite stretched out. I plan to be on ASAP for 1.7, but with so many things I still need (at least I have all the pets), I'm not as excited for it as I could be. Of course, all the repeating for the reputation system (plus space missions I can't even complete) doesn't help either... :/

Edited by Jenemi

I'm on The Shadowlands :( I actually do have a pet group on here so we do try and help one another which is nice <3 But things are expensive X__x and thus, the expensive speeders and moods and other stuff for collecting purposes aren't going too well.

At the moment though, it's really more of the principal than anything. I think everyone is sick of seeing pets in the Cartel Pack. People who love them don't want the randomness of trying to earn them and people who hate them as sick of seeing them in their boxes in the first place :(

I still have bad memories from the Model Starfighter prices and I believe there's a couple more of them in the next box ._. *sighs*

on the bright side for 1.7: This should bring the fix for everyone who hit the ability limit:

This is a known issue. A fix will go into our next major patch.

Afterall, this is the next major patch~

I used the Tundra Nekkar Cat for a while but I stopped playing that char and picked up the Desert one on my new alt because I didn't want to spend a mill to get another one (1st one from a pack).

Really think we should be able to share pets across legacy...

Edited by AelixVII

yeah, the starfighter prices are insane. On potf they are all at 1.2m or above.

On Tomb of Freedon Nadd some of them are still 4 KK and up. I really hate the latest pack. I hope next one won't have so many rare pets. And we really need some more pets that you achieve by playing the game, instead of spending real cash and / or credits. For example those 4 fighter models could have been rewards for new heroic space missions or something. Would have been better than cartel pack drop. And also owning those 4 models would feel more special than simply buying them.

Edited by Aelther

Unfortunately, at least half will probably be rare :/ Essentially, any that have a "gold" cartel market symbol instead of silver are rare.

But bleh, I am really sick and tired of it. It's just depressing.

Do what I do - collect every title and pet that ISN'T on the Cartel Market. I just use my monthly CCs for Legacy perks and don't have any Cartel Gear or speeders except the Tython saber (couldn't pass that one up).

I can live in my own bubble where the game never went F2P and got a cash shop.

Do what I do - collect every title and pet that ISN'T on the Cartel Market. I just use my monthly CCs for Legacy perks and don't have any Cartel Gear or speeders except the Tython saber (couldn't pass that one up).

I can live in my own bubble where the game never went F2P and got a cash shop.

Unfortunately, as long as I see someone with it, I will know it exists :( And I love pets--even if I could skip some of the other cartel stuff, I really wouldn't forgive myself if I skipped the pets. As it is, the Cartel Packs won't be around forever--eventually, some will be discontinued for new ones :/

the biggest problem I have (heh) with the pets is that I essentially will want to have them all twice, as I know my current main will eventually not be my main anymore (long story short I'm very persistant in my wanting a sage being a togruta and my scoundrel is only a 'substitute' until that happens. if it never happens ok... but if it does, then my 'main-I-have-in-my-head' has already missed out on pets and the idea of even more .. argh :( )

that being said I have the hope that the old star ships will become cheaper once new ones are out :p

Unfortunately, at least half will probably be rare :/ Essentially, any that have a "gold" cartel market symbol instead of silver are rare.

But bleh, I am really sick and tired of it. It's just depressing.

I know, but looking at some "gold" items (Revan's chest or Robes for example) that rarity icon seems to be more like PR thingy and not an actual rarity indicator. Something like "oh look you got a gold item which is very rare (which in fact is not rare at all), go buy more packs now, because you are very lucky today!".

I know, but looking at some "gold" items (Revan's chest or Robes for example) that rarity icon seems to be more like PR thingy and not an actual rarity indicator. Something like "oh look you got a gold item which is very rare (which in fact is not rare at all), go buy more packs now, because you are very lucky today!".

Gold? I don't think that means rare, I think it refers to the type of item (empty CM only shell).

i have yet to get a starship, and I decided to wait, in the hopes that more will be coming with upcoming packs. Hopefully drive prices down.

I personally try to collect all the pets, except the pvp ones.

so you mentioned that there are 16 new pets coming? where did you hear this?

i have yet to get a starship, and I decided to wait, in the hopes that more will be coming with upcoming packs. Hopefully drive prices down.

I personally try to collect all the pets, except the pvp ones.

so you mentioned that there are 16 new pets coming? where did you hear this?

Apparently some people got to test it and I saw a few sites (like dulfy's) that have a list of all the items in the upcoming packs.

Regardless, I won't be putting anything up in advance. @-@ However, it makes sense as it'd be almost all of the other (plus a few new apparently) ones listed when most of the Cartel Coin pets came out and this is supposed to be the last of the current edition of cartel packs (the next coming out around when the expansion does supposedly) so it'd make sense they'd want to get everything out in that last one.

Vanity pets confirmed for the Relics of the Gree event :/ Which will have PVP oriented stuff.

excuse me while I go into a corner and be sad. On the bright side, yay for not being Cartel related? (but I'm sure a box will come out so I'm going to be stressed and have a nervous break-down~)

Vanity pets confirmed for the Relics of the Gree event :/ Which will have PVP oriented stuff.

excuse me while I go into a corner and be sad.

Yeah not a big fan of PvP myself, so if the new pets will have any kind of Ranked Warzone Rating requirement then Pet Collecting will be over for me.

Yeah not a big fan of PvP myself, so if the new pets will have any kind of Ranked Warzone Rating requirement then Pet Collecting will be over for me.

Yeah... :/ I really hope there will never be ranked Warzone ones, but at the very least, we'll be seeing ones through reputation and the Cartel Market tomorrow ._.

Yeah... :/ I really hope there will never be ranked Warzone ones, but at the very least, we'll be seeing ones through reputation and the Cartel Market tomorrow ._.

That Ranked Warzone speeder is what made me give up speeder collecting :jawa_frown:. I used to be as crazy about speeders as I am abut pets, even have all 3 Korrealis Speeders (4th one is imp only).

That Ranked Warzone speeder is what made me give up speeder collecting :jawa_frown:. I used to be as crazy about speeders as I am abut pets, even have all 3 Korrealis Speeders (4th one is imp only).

I actually have a friend holding the 4th speeder for me in case they ever get unbound :p But yeah, I've still been trying to collect speeders, but that one has made me feel I may never get them all v-v May just start collecting speeders a bit slowly and only get the ones I REALLY want or ones that will expire soon.

I doubt the pets will have ranked comm requirements, mainly because they are for the event so its more likely that you will need whatever comms or tokens or special item you get from doing the quests. Kind of like the last couple of events. If its any consolation, you have to figure that a lot of people will be in that area and you should be able to get into a large ops group easily, which will help with the pvp somewhat.....

Good luck tomorrow you all! Im jumping on as soon as I get home from work. Stupid work gets in the way all the time!

I doubt the pets will have ranked comm requirements, mainly because they are for the event so its more likely that you will need whatever comms or tokens or special item you get from doing the quests. Kind of like the last couple of events. If its any consolation, you have to figure that a lot of people will be in that area and you should be able to get into a large ops group easily, which will help with the pvp somewhat.....

Good luck tomorrow you all! Im jumping on as soon as I get home from work. Stupid work gets in the way all the time!

Yeah, these won't, but there's still worry about it in the future.

You can only do PVP quests in groups of 4 though--ops groups do not count.

Thanks T~T You too! I plan to be stalking the launcher constantly all morning :/