Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

1.7 going live on 2/12

renoxodus
02.08.2013 , 04:41 PM | #1
Well I guess this is why we haven't seen it on the PTS.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=595664

SteelsBrighter
02.08.2013 , 04:43 PM | #2
I smell weeks of bugs ahead with no PTS testing.
Server: Previously Darth Bandon, Xferred to The Shadowlands
Allegiance: Imperial

Redsnow Legacy: Steelus - Juggernaut \ Ephyris - Sorceror

LordMalic
02.08.2013 , 04:44 PM | #3
why test something? hence all the problems we keep having since oh...say 1.4 of the constant disconnects to HIGH Latency and lag out the wahzoo. So I ask why do we test new game updates?
X-RAIDED
Dravyn Ganderin Serpitina
SHADOWLANDS

theborch
02.08.2013 , 04:44 PM | #4
Yeah, I don't understand the no PTS. Every major patch they have released has had a wide range of bugs and that was after atleast a week of PTS. I don't get how they think it will be ok without any testing.
The Bastion - The BaconStrips Legacy
DukeOfCypress LVL 52 Rage Jugg * WhiskeyLube LVL 50 Seer Sage * PantsHammer LVL 50 Sawbones Scoundrel

chuixupu
02.08.2013 , 04:45 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by SteelsBrighter View Post
I smell weeks of bugs ahead with no PTS testing.
So same as usual with the PTS testing.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

Trevalion
02.08.2013 , 04:45 PM | #6
Really. How can you justify putting a minor patch on live w/out even putting it on test server? Especially when that patch adds an entirely NEW system to the game as well as revamping Ilum and adding a new world encounter? I am boggled

Also, I thought we were going to see character transfers to PTS as part of this patch. I know ranked pvp teams were looking forward to facing off with folks from different servers on PTS.

*** BW?

DaRoamer
02.08.2013 , 04:46 PM | #7
Do people actually think that just because it doesn't go on the PTS that they don't actually test stuff? They have had people testing this at their facility for a while. Without character copies there won't be many people capable of testing this properly on PTS anyway.

Trevalion
02.08.2013 , 04:48 PM | #8
I know that they havent tested it with anything like realistic populations... well, not that PTS ever had anything like realistic populations actually. Still Character Transfers to PTS would have solved that particular issue.

chuixupu
02.08.2013 , 04:48 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Trevalion View Post
Also, I thought we were going to see character transfers to PTS as part of this patch. I know ranked pvp teams were looking forward to facing off with folks from different servers on PTS.

*** BW?
This was never said by anyone....no talk of any PTS or character copies for 1.7 ever happened. What they did say was that there would be character copies for Makeb, which apparently is up as a huge patch download now, although you can't access it yet.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

Trevalion
02.08.2013 , 04:49 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by chuixupu View Post
This was never said by anyone....no talk of any PTS or character copies for 1.7 ever happened. What they did say was that there would be character copies for Makeb, which apparently is up as a huge patch download now, although you can't access it yet.
Ah, thanks for the clarification