Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Give us the tank relic or leave......***

Viridiana
02.07.2013 , 12:41 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by mikebevo View Post
He just choice his words incorrectly, he meant optimized campaign which is still more than enough to do anything in game and still applies to his trolling statement about needing items he could not possibly use.
^^^^ See, Mike gets my troll comment

steave
02.07.2013 , 04:25 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Viridiana View Post
Yes but you see in his original post that he didn't realize it was a tank piece and he could use the power/end on it, so he was rolling on something he thought he needed, so he wasn't ninjaing it, just didn't know that the extra stat made it a tank piece.
Like I said:
Quote:
if it turns out the person just didn't know any better and hands over the loot I'll forget about it.
At level 50, people are expected to be able to read the stats on gear and realize that relics have more than just their static effects, therefore it is very fair to assume that anyone rolling on the wrong stuff are ninjaing until the opposite is proven.

Viridiana
02.07.2013 , 04:56 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by steave View Post
Like I said:

At level 50, people are expected to be able to read the stats on gear and realize that relics have more than just their static effects, therefore it is very fair to assume that anyone rolling on the wrong stuff are ninjaing until the opposite is proven.
These are the same people that don't know they can get a free set of tion gear at 50 or find an entrance without the group finder taking them there, I don't hold much hope for them being able to read the extra stats on gear drops.

DarthSylar
02.07.2013 , 11:46 PM | #24
^ lol

as a tank i would've done the same thing, but if he said he didn't know, i wouldn't hold it against him......once he gave it up

rob_y
02.08.2013 , 12:40 AM | #25
Like I said:

I don't know that an absolutely new player should really be too familiar with relics. If you aren't committed to either light side or dark side, you may not even get a relic to use until level 50, so you might not really be familiar with them.
Yan (55 - Scoundrel) Silch (50 - Guardian) Hoeven (50 - Commando)
Thith'yan (50 - Sorceror) D'lamia (50 - Marauder) Brazo (55 - Powertech)
RIVAL
The Fatman -> Prophecy of the Five

steave
02.08.2013 , 06:30 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by rob_y View Post
I don't know that an absolutely new player should really be too familiar with relics. If you aren't committed to either light side or dark side, you may not even get a relic to use until level 50, so you might not really be familiar with them.
And how the hell are you supposed to now if someone is THAT bad (and yes, I'll call it bad since it really doesn't take much to simply read the info on the item)? Most people can manage a simple task like that, so it IS more than fair to assume that anyone rolling on what they shouldn't is a ninja (and they are - they're just not aware of it). Like I've said multiple times though - IF it turns out they made a mistake and fixes it I'll forget about it. This isn't a court of law, so "innocent until proven otherwise" doesn't apply.

Stressfire
02.08.2013 , 03:35 PM | #27
And how the hell are you supposed to now if someone is THAT bad (and yes, I'll call it bad since it really doesn't take much to simply read the info on the item)? Most people can manage a simple task like that, so it IS more than fair to assume that anyone rolling on what they shouldn't is a ninja (and they are - they're just not aware of it). Like I've said multiple times though - IF it turns out they made a mistake and fixes it I'll forget about it. This isn't a court of law, so "innocent until proven otherwise" doesn't apply.
I don't know of too many ninjas who stick around to finish a FP after doing so. Most just log or leave group.

As to knowing what relics do...I didn't figure it out until early 30s or thereabouts

thomasbaxter
02.08.2013 , 03:42 PM | #28
Lol thanks to the guys who took the time to explain to me the relic, and thanks to the idiots who came into my thread to call me an idiot, a ninja etc. I don't really need any more info because I understand now there are just people like you that are horrible to play with. You know everything and look down on those of us who haven't understood all parts of the game yet. Never played an MMO and don't understand the fact that 'absorption rating' isn't useful to a healer (despite the fact sometimes u like to reduce your damage but obviously how dumb am i)