Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Talents not matching description.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sith Inquisitor > Sorcerer
Talents not matching description.

Zeeleido
02.06.2013 , 03:21 PM | #1
has anyone else noticed this? i'm surprised no one points this out or even bothers to let BW know about this.

For example:

the big "OP" talent people like to cry about. "Bubble Stun" according to the talent its suppose to "not break on damage" but it breaks on damage as we all know.

heres the full talent info

Backlash: (2/2)
Your Static Barrier has a 100% chance to erupt in a flash of light when it ends, blinding all nearby enemy's for 3 seconds. This effect does not break on damage.

" This effect does not break on damage" This line is false. every sorcerer who has ever used this talent. knows it does in fact break on damage. personally i do not mind if it does but. its severely misleading and tends to lead to people who "Claim its op" to have more firepower saying "It does not break on damage and can be put on a entire team so its op" which is not true.

most people who make QQ Nerf this or Nerf that threads do so not actually playing the class. but in fact do so by only reading the skills itself and making a biased conclusion based on that. this concern's me because enough of these threads can cause a game breaking nerf by the developers to any class who has this problem (we are all familiar with this) due to lack of solid testing.

this issue is not restricted to only sorcerer. so this is not a 1 class problem.

mastirkal
02.07.2013 , 10:11 AM | #2
Edit removed comment, misunderstood ops concerns.

Morngwath
02.07.2013 , 12:44 PM | #3
Your're wrong, it doesn't break on damage. Test it in a duel, if you don't believe it.
Morngwath (DD-Hexer) - Rhona (Heal-Sabo) - Olathira (DD-Söldner)

Zeeleido
02.08.2013 , 03:04 AM | #4
i HAVE tested it in duels and in warzones. it infact breaks on damage. or it breaks in 1 second instead of 3. if you compare how long it lasts once its used on a target compared to lets say the main 10m cc for sorc (4 second duration) its not even remotely close to being as long as any of the other cc type skills. it breaks twice as fast if not 3x faster. and its not due to cc breaker. keep in mind im not refering to dots. im refering to attacks like shock,FL,LS seem to break it.

darthgamer
02.08.2013 , 03:13 AM | #5
*swallows a handful of Excedrin*

Ok what it means about the Does not break on damage is the blind effect from the bubble not the bubble itself
Squadron 11-11-11

Tommot
02.08.2013 , 01:05 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by darthgamer View Post
*swallows a handful of Excedrin*

Ok what it means about the Does not break on damage is the blind effect from the bubble not the bubble itself
This is the way I always understood it.
Roswin - 50 Jedi Sentinel | Vaelin - 50 Sith Juggernaut | Kordis - 50 Sith Marauder | Vaelis - 50 Sith Assassin | Tylus - 50 Sniper
| Vint - 43 Mercenary | Kiden - 35 Vangaurd | Skavic - 22 Jedi Sage |

Jadescythe
02.08.2013 , 01:12 PM | #7
To clarify: It means that the effect is a stun not a mezz. The ability allows you to continue attacking your opponent while they are incapacitated without ending the effect prematurely. The actual stun happens when your bubble pops from damage, when the bubble expires due to time, or if you manually click off the buff.

Hope that helps.
I have opinions and stuff

Sosajoshua
02.08.2013 , 01:52 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
To clarify: It means that the effect is a stun not a mezz. The ability allows you to continue attacking your opponent while they are incapacitated without ending the effect prematurely. The actual stun happens when your bubble pops from damage, when the bubble expires due to time, or if you manually click off the buff.

Hope that helps.
^ this.....

Just incase OP didnt read it the first time.
<A Wretched Hive> Jedi Covenant Rhaegis, Madness Sorcerer / Youngdragon, Advanced Proto-tech / Kha'leesi, Engineering Sniper / Dragonbane, Vengence Juggernaut