Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Would you support being able to change armors colors

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Would you support being able to change armors colors

SithKoriandr's Avatar


SithKoriandr
02.07.2013 , 06:48 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Primarch_PWnD View Post
Because you have to have faith that other people think like you do......assuming you believe that you yourself think rationally.

My little sister would make her Jedi pink in a heartbeat, but she's a little girl and she'd make it look cute, not clown-ish. (and probably rack up a huge cartel-market bill on my credit card....)

Like you, everyone was thrilled with the color-match because it meant no more rediculousness. None of those people are looking to go back to that, so you don't have to worry about the vast majority. FTPers will have to pay for the dye-unlock, so they won't waste a dye-kit to make their toon look like a clown, especially since they can do it for free right now. So you're left with the little girls, like my sister, who would make it look cute, and the wierdos who are already running around in the absurd default-colors.

The end result isn't really going to change, there's no reason to restrict colors.
Truthfully, I have no problems with complete color customization. I just dread what I'm afraid I'll see running around everywhere.

Jedi in a pink robe? Seems fine to me! Jedi looking like a complete clown? Will make me sigh on the inside.

I'm also sure we'll see some great color combos from many players. So it's not like there won't be some good with the bad. The bad just tends to overshadow the good.

Of course, the unify color option does that with some outfits as well. I know I had to turn off unify colors for one outfit because it looked terrible with how the game unified the leggings to the black and red chest piece.

Ithilwen's Avatar


Ithilwen
02.07.2013 , 06:49 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by SithKoriandr View Post
True enough! And it was one of the worst things ever! Why would we want to see the return of something so aweful?
Technically it still exists in game... The colour match isn't on by default, so what does that say about the player base?

I would like to be able to dye some of my characters cloths to a theme that matched within my legacy. I would also like to dye the colours so that they suited the 'personality' of my character and helped to make them more individual/personal.

As for re-skins, I've noticed that a lot of the current re-skins (in-game, not CM) have differences in stats, one has more endurance, the other has more of the class' base stat and so on. As for the CM gear, the destroyer set is a reskin of some heavy armour, just like the red Inquisitor top is of light armour. Colour dyes wouldn't cause a problem here because what's becoming available in the CM is specifically Adaptive armour, yes they have different colours, but the main thing is that any character can wear them regardless of faction and armour grade.
Valkarah - Valania - Santiel
Dramorion - Onai - Ostana

beattlebilly's Avatar


beattlebilly
02.07.2013 , 07:35 PM | #33
The blue on the BH Black Talon Hunter's Body Armor:

http://www.torhead.com/item/f0DMo5I/...ots;view:14708

Is fantastic, I'd love more armor in that color. That's where dyes, paints, color kits would come in real handy, so if I want that blue I don't have to be stuck with the Black Talon armor.
The BastionThe Dynamite LegacySix Sith Bag

Boy, it sure would be nice if we had some grenades, don't you think?

annabethchase's Avatar


annabethchase
02.07.2013 , 08:47 PM | #34
No thanks. I like EA having the ability to recolor stuff and make money in the cartel market.
"Rossum Eponine" & assorted other characters

TheBetty's Avatar


TheBetty
02.07.2013 , 09:39 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Why does everyone hate pink? Can it at least be an accent colour?
Oh I would totally be rockin full hot pink gear and pink sabers on my mara

Fierce! *finger click*
If force choking Jawas is wrong, I don't want to be right.

Kahotep's Avatar


Kahotep
02.08.2013 , 12:21 AM | #36
The colour match system is great. It's not perfect and does throw up some weird choices occasionally, but on the whole it works. A big part of the reason why I like the art style in this game is the fact that there aren't many garishly coloured armours and most people (at least the ones using colour match) look pretty decent.

Giving people complete freedom to colour their armour could either be brilliant or hideous, depending on how it is handled. I don't want to see bright purple troopers, but I will never see bright purple troopers is that is never an option.

The muted tones and restricted palette of this game may not be everyone's cup of tea, but it is the established art style of the game and I don't want to see it change. If dyes stick to the colours we already see around us, then I'm all for it.

The ideal option, I think, would be a better colour match system. One where the chest armour provided a palette of colours but which gave the player freedom to decide exactly how those colours where applied to the other items would be amazing.

NigeldeJ's Avatar


NigeldeJ
02.08.2013 , 12:52 AM | #37
For me it doesn't, I have a great sniper jacket, and for some reason it makes everything green, while there isn't a single green spot on the jacket itself

Delidumrul's Avatar


Delidumrul
02.08.2013 , 01:30 AM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by NigeldeJ View Post
For me it doesn't, I have a great sniper jacket, and for some reason it makes everything green, while there isn't a single green spot on the jacket itself
For this reason I would like to have primary color + secondary color configuration option. There may be 8 standart colors and rest of the colors can be sold in cartel market and put as special quest rewards and/or rare drops.

However I think they would not implement such option into game as no one would buy cartel adaptive armors and just change the colors of their current items.

CharonInferar's Avatar


CharonInferar
02.08.2013 , 07:18 AM | #39
I would very much support it, because i absolutely don't like the colors of most jedi stuff. So i do not feel comfortable wearing most outfits and am only wearing 'least worse'-compromises.
Not sure though how they actually wanna implement that on texture-based models, but such option
was already in the game and i didn't have the chance to see it in action.
Emmanuel lusinchi was talking about 'unify color to chest piece' to make it back into the game within a few months...
SWG was miles ahead of this with the option to craft your armor AND choosing the colors for it.

beattlebilly's Avatar


beattlebilly
02.08.2013 , 07:42 AM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by Delidumrul View Post
However I think they would not implement such option into game as no one would buy cartel adaptive armors and just change the colors of their current items.
That's not true, the adaptive armors in the cartel market are armors and sets of certain classes that they've made available for all classes and armor types to wear.
The BastionThe Dynamite LegacySix Sith Bag

Boy, it sure would be nice if we had some grenades, don't you think?