Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Would you support being able to change armors colors

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Would you support being able to change armors colors

SithKoriandr's Avatar


SithKoriandr
02.07.2013 , 05:16 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Here's what I don't understand: why should one or two people making an arse of themselves for the very few moments of the day when you are likely to see them a good enough reason for people who genuinely like colours like pink or purple to be denied the choice?

Why can't my Sorcerer wear a pink top and black trousers just because someone else might dye their Mandalorian armour pink? How is that even a good reason?

"Oh, I don't want to see it!" How long do you honestly spend examining people as they're stood around the GTN or at the banks getting their stuff together? Does it really honestly matter that someone else might enjoy the colour pink enough that they want to have their character wear it?

What about pastel blue? Too much like a baby?
I'm not saying don't put it in. Hell, I consider most of the people running around in Slave Bikini's to be nothing more than joke characters.

So by that, I see it every day I log in

For quite awhile I saw some version of Smurf as a Chiss name every day. Haven't in awhile however.

For a storyline driven game however, and people wanting some sense of immersion in the game, they likely want less of an opportunity for the vastness of players who don't care about the lore or the setting.

But lets be fair. One or two players? I'm pretty sure it'll be more than one or two players. It's not just one or two players running around planet to planet in the Slave Bikini (or is it just a Ebon Hawk thing? Could be different for other servers. I admit, I don't know how it is on the other servers and don't recall seeing it as wide spread on Jung Ma.)

SithKoriandr's Avatar


SithKoriandr
02.07.2013 , 05:19 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Primarch_PWnD View Post
I love the people that say "not EVERY color, because I don't want to see x, y, or z!"

That's the point in customization, you make your armor the color you like it, and I'll make mine the way I like it. The second you start restricting things because you don't like it, is the moment you become Bioware's Art Department.
Since it's not in game yet, isn't the point of this style of thread, to voice one's opinion on the matter?

People are afraid they'll see one to many Bounty Hunter running around looking like a clown.

Now mind you, I haven't seen or read every SW piece of fiction, but in what I have read/seen, none went around with a pink chest top, yellow leggings, baby blue belt, with purple gloves, and orange boots.

Primarch_PWnD's Avatar


Primarch_PWnD
02.07.2013 , 05:24 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by SithKoriandr View Post
People are afraid they'll see one to many Bounty Hunter running around looking like a clown..
They already look like clowns. And they looked kinda how you described too before they introduced the color-match.

Besides, if my little sister wants her Jedi to look pink, she shouldn't be able to because a few of you are too macho to see the color pink?
Profiteers of War and Destruction

Prophecy of the Five

SithKoriandr's Avatar


SithKoriandr
02.07.2013 , 05:28 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Primarch_PWnD View Post
They already look like clowns. And they looked kinda how you described too before they introduced the color-match.

Besides, if my little sister wants her Jedi to look pink, she shouldn't be able to because a few of you are too macho to see the color pink?
True enough! And it was one of the worst things ever! Why would we want to see the return of something so aweful?

LukeSaberRattler's Avatar


LukeSaberRattler
02.07.2013 , 05:30 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Primarch_PWnD View Post
I love the people that say "not EVERY color, because I don't want to see x, y, or z!"

That's the point in customization, you make your armor the color you like it, and I'll make mine the way I like it. The second you start restricting things because you don't like it, is the moment you become Bioware's Art Department.
I should have clarified my comment a little better. I don't mind any colors being in the game but they need to restrict how they can be used. If I can take a dye can color my whole chest piece pink it will look ridiculous and take away style from the game. You need to limit colors to where and how they can be used in the game. Give customization but still guide people to a specific aesthetic.
The Harbinger
Skabiin lvl 55 DPS Juggernaut -- Skaviin lvl 50 DPS Guardian -- Kappo lvl 55 DPS Sniper -- Verucaa'Salt lvl 47 Tank Vangaurd -- Snozzberry lvl 44 DPS Gunslinger -- Vermicious'knid lvl 45 Tank Shadow -- Viizla lvl 37 DPS Mercenary -- Okiira lvl 37 DPS Sentinel

Primarch_PWnD's Avatar


Primarch_PWnD
02.07.2013 , 05:34 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by SithKoriandr View Post
True enough! And it was one of the worst things ever! Why would we want to see the return of something so aweful?
Because you have to have faith that other people think like you do......assuming you believe that you yourself think rationally.

My little sister would make her Jedi pink in a heartbeat, but she's a little girl and she'd make it look cute, not clown-ish. (and probably rack up a huge cartel-market bill on my credit card....)

Like you, everyone was thrilled with the color-match because it meant no more rediculousness. None of those people are looking to go back to that, so you don't have to worry about the vast majority. FTPers will have to pay for the dye-unlock, so they won't waste a dye-kit to make their toon look like a clown, especially since they can do it for free right now. So you're left with the little girls, like my sister, who would make it look cute, and the wierdos who are already running around in the absurd default-colors.

The end result isn't really going to change, there's no reason to restrict colors.
Profiteers of War and Destruction

Prophecy of the Five

beattlebilly's Avatar


beattlebilly
02.07.2013 , 06:02 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by LukeSaberRattler View Post
I should have clarified my comment a little better. I don't mind any colors being in the game but they need to restrict how they can be used. If I can take a dye can color my whole chest piece pink it will look ridiculous and take away style from the game. You need to limit colors to where and how they can be used in the game. Give customization but still guide people to a specific aesthetic.
They are already guiding us to "specific aesthetics", that's why we want more control over customization
The BastionThe Dynamite LegacySix Sith Bag

Boy, it sure would be nice if we had some grenades, don't you think?

RikHar's Avatar


RikHar
02.07.2013 , 06:17 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Touche View Post
discuss.
There's nothing to discuss.

Everyone already knows this is one of the things players have been asking for a long time. Actually, this is an old subject, already.

Josh_'s Avatar


Josh_
02.07.2013 , 06:33 PM | #29
Yes I agree there should be colour changes available, I understand people saying no pink etc but that wouldn't be a problem if the colours were darker rather than say a glow in the dark bright barbie pink.

Kilikaa's Avatar


Kilikaa
02.07.2013 , 06:42 PM | #30
I would support this a thousand times over! Give us a large color pallete and let the players choose what color to wear. I have no problem what-so -ever is some BH wants pinks armor. This game needs a deeper customization system. It's one thing SWG did right. Their character creation system was also much better, but that's for a differant discussion.

Bioware needs to let the players choose the color of their outfits!