Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Would you support being able to change armors colors

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Would you support being able to change armors colors

saremun
02.07.2013 , 03:06 PM | #11
Yes i do!

paul_preib
02.07.2013 , 03:11 PM | #12
I'd be in favor of this, if there's one thing I took away from when I played Lotro it was that they had a great cosmetic system in place. The number and shades of dyes, cosmetic slots, and wardrobe (acted as shared storage but for cosmetic-slot only) were great for customization, think each of my characters had a different look 2-3 times a week thanks to it.
Cyperian -- Sorceror Cyterian-- Sentinel Cyrellian-- Trooper Cyprian-- Sage
Cylerian-- Scoundrel Kyrellian-- Sniper
Of the Bloodborne and Deargna-Fhuil Legacies

Themanthatisi
02.07.2013 , 03:18 PM | #13
Or make it so you have to hit at least lvl 25 for some basic colors and lvl 50 for a larger color choice....

The diversity in the game would be so good and healthy.

akdonkey
02.07.2013 , 03:23 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by LukeSaberRattler View Post
I would but only with restricted color options I don't want to see bright pink bounty hunters. Or they could simply improve the color matching system that already exists as well.
I didn't wear the color pink, but there was a few female characters in Star Wars Galaxies that had pink Mandalorian armor and it looked good!

Monkeyshi
02.07.2013 , 03:42 PM | #15
I'd support customizing costumes. City nof Heroes had the best costume creator. Ever.

TheDunNa
02.07.2013 , 04:18 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by beattlebilly View Post
Yes, definitely.

Everyone is always so worried about the color pink or other bright pastel colors, but I don't know why. Played WAR and Rift for a bit, and pink/light colors were options and there weren't a lot running around using those colors predominantly
The issue there is not that some random person who likes pink would use it but that some Fat Twiliek troll would simply use it to further his own ends. Now besides being a topless fat twiliek he also wears a pink ankle length skirt in eye searing magenta.

Frankly I'd just like secondary colors be available for edits. Keep the primaries as is, but allow the secondaries to swap up some. This would be really cool for a guild of troopers who want to RP with different squads, they all have white armor but different squads have yellow, red, green, etc secondary colors.

SithKoriandr
02.07.2013 , 04:25 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Why does everyone hate pink? Can it at least be an accent colour?
I love pink! It's my favorite color! I don't think I'd want to see joke characters running around in pink however. But, I also prefere not to see "lol...look at my attempt at an obviously joke character/concept" period.

That's probably what most other people are fearing as well when it comes to dyes.

Tatile
02.07.2013 , 04:38 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by SithKoriandr View Post
I love pink! It's my favorite color! I don't think I'd want to see joke characters running around in pink however. But, I also prefere not to see "lol...look at my attempt at an obviously joke character/concept" period.

That's probably what most other people are fearing as well when it comes to dyes.
Here's what I don't understand: why should one or two people making an arse of themselves for the very few moments of the day when you are likely to see them a good enough reason for people who genuinely like colours like pink or purple to be denied the choice?

Why can't my Sorcerer wear a pink top and black trousers just because someone else might dye their Mandalorian armour pink? How is that even a good reason?

"Oh, I don't want to see it!" How long do you honestly spend examining people as they're stood around the GTN or at the banks getting their stuff together? Does it really honestly matter that someone else might enjoy the colour pink enough that they want to have their character wear it?

What about pastel blue? Too much like a baby?

KyaniteD
02.07.2013 , 05:08 PM | #19
I would, but if everyone could recolor their armor, what would they sell on the CC market? Dye kits for 5000 cc (to make up for the missed sale of at least 3 re-colorations)?
Looking for a referral link? Support Dulfy's and Exile's work on Dulfy.net, TOR-Fashion.com and TOR-Decorating.com by using their referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/794P7w
Quote: Originally Posted by Feargal View Post
A totally logical and reasonable answer. Clearly you have no concept of what forums are for.

Primarch_PWnD
02.07.2013 , 05:14 PM | #20
I love the people that say "not EVERY color, because I don't want to see x, y, or z!"

That's the point in customization, you make your armor the color you like it, and I'll make mine the way I like it. The second you start restricting things because you don't like it, is the moment you become Bioware's Art Department.
Profiteers of War and Destruction

Prophecy of the Five