Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Call out thread to SWTOR DEVS

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Call out thread to SWTOR DEVS

nbayer
02.07.2013 , 01:10 PM | #21
So you saying a new 50 should just bypass EV and KP because they are old? I think that goes against the whole concept of progression and it seem like an awful waste of a couple of good ops.

If they are new then they arn't going to lament having to run content that the rest of the community considers old, it's going to be new to them and they are fun ops.

Luckily
02.07.2013 , 02:20 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by wargonglok View Post
here's what i think

crewskills for people who arent doing high end raids are pretty useless,

i liek to think that im the most avergae person in the game, i got full columi, as best as i can get it, with 3 campaign armorings

until i get into higher tier raids, which are tough, just to get into. Crewskills are basically worthless. In next expac, add armors that are equal to rakata for all slots, but instead of rakata set bonus, have special set bonuses,

or something like that. Make something not top tier (though i love the idea of mats coming from ops and then being crafted) and add soemthing COOL, not exactly super powerful, but COOL. Get what i mean?
Well, here's what I think. You're completely, absolutely wrong.

Here's the problem - a lot of people that want to "craft" don't actually want to craft - they want to make lots of credits easily. There are plenty of ways in the game to make credits easily just for the sake of making credits. Leave the crafting to those that actually like the game of crafting, mkay? Swtor crafting might not be ideal, but it's still a crafting system. I manage to make plenty of credits despite the fact that I don't do high-end raids nor sell any high-end items. And, even better, I help people level without gouging them while I make credits.
IGN: Luck
Server: Prophecy of the Five, formerly The Chubbyman
Specialties: Making implants, hanging out barefoot on the fleet

Heezdedjim
02.09.2013 , 05:04 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by TheNevet View Post
25s on the vendor would be a good compromise
It's a valid point that the top end available from crafting trainers has not keep up with the general gear creep in the game. The "best" trainer schematics are basically trash drops at this point beyond level 49. With Tionese being given away for free, it would make some sense for all Columi items at least to be learnable from the crafting vendor, so that those with the appropriate skill can craft a full set of 136 level BoP gear for themselves. Even having a full line of Rakata pieces for each profession would be fair, so you can shortcut the gear treadmill at least for the parts you can craft. It would give people a reason to take a crew skill other than biochem for a change.

Mozivicus
02.09.2013 , 10:08 PM | #24
Top tier gear available from your trainer BUT MAKE IT BIND ON PICKUP. i.e. you can not sell it.
You know, just like at game launch