Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Would you support being able to change armors colors

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Would you support being able to change armors colors

Touche
02.07.2013 , 02:12 PM | #1
discuss.

Tatile
02.07.2013 , 02:16 PM | #2
Yes. There are pieces I like the model of, but no the colour and for some the colour match function is just... wrong.

LukeSaberRattler
02.07.2013 , 02:42 PM | #3
I would but only with restricted color options I don't want to see bright pink bounty hunters. Or they could simply improve the color matching system that already exists as well.
The Harbinger
Snozzberry lvl 60 Gunslinger -- Friendlyminion lvl 60 Marauder -- UnfriendlyNPC lvl 60 Shadow -- Beskha lvl 57 Mercenary
Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/Rm3kpG

Tatile
02.07.2013 , 02:42 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by LukeSaberRattler View Post
bright pink bounty hunters
Why does everyone hate pink? Can it at least be an accent colour?

Urael
02.07.2013 , 02:46 PM | #5
I liked having the option to change the color of my armor at whim in SWG. At first it was with kits then eventually they made it so you could do it on the fly. It was also an interesting way to keep track of "strike teams" in PvP. Since the community on Intrepid server was pretty tight we all had established "uniforms" via colors when PvPing. DLE was black armour with a red right sleeve. Good times.

Malastare
02.07.2013 , 02:48 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by LukeSaberRattler View Post
I would but only with restricted color options I don't want to see bright pink bounty hunters.
Agree.

I'd be happy if armors came with a few alternate color schemes, and that's it. Unrestricted colors just encourage stupid appearances that make a mockery of the lore. Even unrestricted in-game colors wouldn't be ideal, as Synth and Armor crafting professions are just barely worthwhile now, and rely upon the profit made from different color schemes of various armor. Allowing users to pick whatever color they want would mean that crafters would only be able to sell six or so sets of armor... ever.

For those of you who don't understand: Imagine if you could pick the color of your speeder. Sounds great, but what's the point of running those Level 50 missions to get your red/black/flaming/etc speeder when you can get the same look with any speeder you pick up at a vendor? The different appearance is a driver for the economy and for questing.

Themanthatisi
02.07.2013 , 02:49 PM | #7
YES.... A "shoulder pad" removal kit wold also be nice... :-)

Magnusheart
02.07.2013 , 02:57 PM | #8
Change Colors? Yes. After months since the Blockade Runner came out, they have yet to fix Revan's set. 1.6.1 it became a light grey then a black set of robes, the face mask covering your head with the Mask of Revan no longer matches the robes now because of the change.

beattlebilly
02.07.2013 , 02:58 PM | #9
Yes, definitely.

Everyone is always so worried about the color pink or other bright pastel colors, but I don't know why. Played WAR and Rift for a bit, and pink/light colors were options and there weren't a lot running around using those colors predominantly
Jedi CovenantThe Paranormal LegacyPacific Trident Global Jundland Biscuits and Gravy

Boy, it sure would be nice if we had some grenades, don't you think?

beattlebilly
02.07.2013 , 03:01 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Malastare View Post
Agree.

I'd be happy if armors came with a few alternate color schemes, and that's it. Unrestricted colors just encourage stupid appearances that make a mockery of the lore. Even unrestricted in-game colors wouldn't be ideal, as Synth and Armor crafting professions are just barely worthwhile now, and rely upon the profit made from different color schemes of various armor. Allowing users to pick whatever color they want would mean that crafters would only be able to sell six or so sets of armor... ever.

For those of you who don't understand: Imagine if you could pick the color of your speeder. Sounds great, but what's the point of running those Level 50 missions to get your red/black/flaming/etc speeder when you can get the same look with any speeder you pick up at a vendor? The different appearance is a driver for the economy and for questing.
Simple, let the armor makers be the ones that make the dyes, paints, and coloring kits. Other than being on an RP server, lore goes to **** in any MMO. Hell, lore went to **** when they made trooper adaptable armor that a sickly looking Inq could wear
Jedi CovenantThe Paranormal LegacyPacific Trident Global Jundland Biscuits and Gravy

Boy, it sure would be nice if we had some grenades, don't you think?