Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

1.7 Class Changes (Datamined)

Synavix
02.07.2013 , 11:27 AM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by LastWizard View Post
They need to address tanks in this game. I feel like in PvP they don't have a place. Huttball you Still need to use 1 IMO, but some people may not see it. Jugs/guardians need a 10-15% damage increase. I really think that would be fair.

Also giving a stealth class a teleport with RotHC is going to be huge. That sounds super OP. 45 sec cd may be too amazing.
For PvP 45 seconds is pretty powerful, but anything longer than about a minute and it's relatively useless for PvE, so it's probably going to need a bit of tweaking once they see how it fits into the PvP meta and how badly it gets abused.

As far as tanks in PvP, I've always felt this game was at least on the right track. Some balance issues, maybe, but at least their abilites transfer over into WZs unlike a lot of games where things like taunt and guards have no affect on player characters.

ARagingNoob
02.07.2013 , 11:33 AM | #102
Quote: Originally Posted by foxmob View Post
it's the VG tank that is the odd man out and could use some tweaking.
I agree so much with that

On a happier note since no one pointed this out:

> [HARD] Flashpoint: Hammer Station, [HARD] Flashpoint: Athiss, [HARD] Flashpoint: Mandolorian Raiders, [HARD] Flashpoint: Cademimu, recommended Item Rating 148 gear to complete, likely drop 156 gear.
Jedi Covenant
Yül 50 Sniper Pálla 50 Powertech
Selva 50 Sith Assassin Briánna 50 Operative

LastWizard
02.07.2013 , 11:38 AM | #103
Quote: Originally Posted by foxmob View Post
no. absolutely not. not the way the rest of the game is currently structured. guardian tanks are *excellent* tanks with insane cc and cc immunity, and tankasins can dps and bring a ton of utility (most important being stealth guard, force pull, guard). as it stands now, there's room for one of each in every wz. it's the VG tank that is the odd man out and could use some tweaking.
I don't see guardian tanks at all anymore. I run into a few assassin tanks. But the teams I run with have 1 sin tank for guard swaps and the rest dps and healers. I still don't think they have a solid place in PvP yet. Vanguard tank does need tweaking. I do agree there.

Also using the walk with the ball would be so cool. Super op. But cool.

Krayshawn
02.07.2013 , 11:42 AM | #104
Quote: Originally Posted by LastWizard View Post
I don't see guardian tanks at all anymore. I run into a few assassin tanks. But the teams I run with have 1 sin tank for guard swaps and the rest dps and healers. I still don't think they have a solid place in PvP yet. Vanguard tank does need tweaking. I do agree there.

Also using the walk with the ball would be so cool. Super op. But cool.
I am a 29/12/0 Jug and i have done PuG ranked with you several times. Gilgamesh, Panser, Cates, Totherkins ETC.
The Krayshawn Legacy:
Krayshawn - Vanguard El'Diablo - 29/12/0 Jug
Mufasa, GM : <Hakuna Matata> - Jedi Covenant

Bronaimeth
02.07.2013 , 11:59 AM | #105
You're forgetting the best guardian tank, Andras

Jadenn
02.07.2013 , 12:52 PM | #106
Quote: Originally Posted by Krayshawn View Post
Yooni, the droids you are looking for are located here

http://www.reddit.com/r/Jedi_Covenant/
I literally need a new monitor cuz i fapped to this so hard.
Jaiden Sniper
Yuenglings Maurader
Asian'Jaiden Assassin
Beer Thirty On Jedi Covenant

To-le
02.07.2013 , 12:55 PM | #107
Quote: Originally Posted by ARagingNoob View Post
For the time being, Force Barrier will be a general Sage ability while the HP regen is a Seer tree talent.
wow now that excites me. If the HP regin on bubbles is descent + unfixed bubble stun + root kb + inreased force run = sage healer is the new op class?

Icebergy
02.07.2013 , 01:09 PM | #108
Quote: Originally Posted by randiesel View Post
Didn't exactly think I'd see a pro-smash argument, but I should've expected it.

Anyhow, you might be enjoying the passive 30% AoE damage reduction that some classes have, but there are still some of us who don't get that (even talented) and are stuck eating those 7k crits at 1200+ expertise.

And I'm sorry if you don't agree with me and I might not be as proficient with you in the class, but I have a jugg, a mara and a sentinel. I'm quite familiar with the rage spec and just can't fathom why somebody would actually make an argument for leaving it as it is.

When I see some of the best sentinels I know speaking about how much of a faceroll the whole smash spec is, I know it's a problem.
I am just trying to point out to people that a) the grass is not always so green on the other side, b) I don't want my tanking nerfed just because some people are getting killed in PvP, and c) I believe Rage/Focus will need serious buffs in other places to make up for any nerf to Sweep/Smash.

If they can fix the tree without ruining other things, I am all for it.
Mikal'B, Battlemaster and Fleet Commodore of the Republic.
<Contraband Inc> 10/10 NiM, 4/4 NiM, NMP, 7/12 NiM, HM GF, 4/5 NiM
Jedi Covenant

Dhrasur
02.07.2013 , 01:15 PM | #109
Sage healer is already the op class lol

Also I would never consider that tank have no place in PvP, having a jugg/guardian tank is a huge advantage. Same for tanksin for node guarding or hybrid dps etc blabla. As with the others vanguards tank need moar but I'm very surprised you don't see the place of tank pj-b. Imo 2 healers 1 tank is way stronger than 3 healers.
Empire Ilye - Marauder | Vahilo - Sniper | Ijis - Sorcerer
Republic Unreal - Scoundrel
<Uncensored> | Jedi Covenant [Keller's Void]

LastWizard
02.07.2013 , 03:22 PM | #110
I see the good tanks listed, but very few of them. Some of the teams I run into prefer 5 dps and 3 healers. 3 healers is tough business man. A good tank is great but just not a lot of them. I'm just not a fan of tanking mechanics in PvP.