Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Best time of day for RWZ action?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > The Shadowlands
Best time of day for RWZ action?

Tilyanrana's Avatar


Tilyanrana
02.05.2013 , 03:12 PM | #1
Howdy,

Shifted is trying to get a RWZ team going, and we spent about an hour in the queue last night with no queue pop. We started kinda late (9ish Central), so I assume the folks that run RWZs had wrapped it up for the evening. Is there a specific time of day that folks are hitting RWZ, or is there simply no one queuing on a regular basis?

Either way, we'll be queuing Wed night starting at 7 Central.


Thanks!
The Rana Legacy | Shifted | The Shadowlands
Tilyan - Powertech | Tilyon - Marauder | Tillian - Assassin
Tilyen - Operative | Tilion - Guardian | Tylion - Shadow

SyphonSith's Avatar


SyphonSith
02.05.2013 , 03:19 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Tilyanrana View Post
Howdy,

Shifted is trying to get a RWZ team going, and we spent about an hour in the queue last night with no queue pop. We started kinda late (9ish Central), so I assume the folks that run RWZs had wrapped it up for the evening. Is there a specific time of day that folks are hitting RWZ, or is there simply no one queuing on a regular basis?

Either way, we'll be queuing Wed night starting at 7 Central.


Thanks!
We usually don't have enough people to make a team until around 8:00pm EST but even then if we don't see any or hear of any teams queuing we won't put the effort into putting a team together for the same result of sitting in queue for an hour standing on the fleet.

Wookieenator's Avatar


Wookieenator
02.05.2013 , 03:58 PM | #3
i don't have time for ranked during the week. will q on fri/sat/sun though.

Aluvi's Avatar


Aluvi
02.05.2013 , 04:47 PM | #4
We've generally stopped queuing due to lack of action. Most of us have better things to do than sit online playing normal warzones (that we don't need on any toons) for 3-4 hours per night waiting for a ranked pop.

If you want to arrange a time for some games, I'm sure our team would be glad to get on and run for a few hours a night.. but after a night or two of this I think you guys will quickly get discouraged.. no offense. It's happened to pretty much every pvp guild on the server.
Aluvian (now Aluvien) Sith Marauder <Infinite Darkness> POT5
Youtube Channel:http://www.youtube.com/kdbutler2
720p Carnage PvP Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/aluviansw

Tilyanrana's Avatar


Tilyanrana
02.06.2013 , 09:45 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Aluvi View Post
We've generally stopped queuing due to lack of action. Most of us have better things to do than sit online playing normal warzones (that we don't need on any toons) for 3-4 hours per night waiting for a ranked pop.

If you want to arrange a time for some games, I'm sure our team would be glad to get on and run for a few hours a night.. but after a night or two of this I think you guys will quickly get discouraged.. no offense. It's happened to pretty much every pvp guild on the server.
None taken. We fully expect to get rolled by ID and the other veteran RWZ teams; however, I think we can probably put up a decent fight and either way, we'll have fun dy^H^Htrying. We'll queue up tonight at around 19:00 CST, if we can get enough folks on (a challenge since most of our members are PVEers) .
The Rana Legacy | Shifted | The Shadowlands
Tilyan - Powertech | Tilyon - Marauder | Tillian - Assassin
Tilyen - Operative | Tilion - Guardian | Tylion - Shadow

Tilyanrana's Avatar


Tilyanrana
02.07.2013 , 09:31 AM | #6
Hi again,

Thanks to ID, Skillxx, and co for coming out for RWZs last night. It went about as we expected, but we still had a good time and will be back for more in the near future. Maybe even tonight.
The Rana Legacy | Shifted | The Shadowlands
Tilyan - Powertech | Tilyon - Marauder | Tillian - Assassin
Tilyen - Operative | Tilion - Guardian | Tylion - Shadow

MarckMorgan's Avatar


MarckMorgan
02.07.2013 , 10:11 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Aluvi View Post
We've generally stopped queuing due to lack of action. Most of us have better things to do than sit online playing normal warzones (that we don't need on any toons) for 3-4 hours per night waiting for a ranked pop.

If you want to arrange a time for some games, I'm sure our team would be glad to get on and run for a few hours a night.. but after a night or two of this I think you guys will quickly get discouraged.. no offense. It's happened to pretty much every pvp guild on the server.
I would break your balls on this post if I and my other rep friends didnt get so routinely slaughtered in war zones every night. lol.
Mharck Morgan
Shadow Dragons

kamikrazy's Avatar


kamikrazy
02.07.2013 , 10:20 AM | #8
Cheers for sticking through with it. I think a lot of teams ended up queuing and we had some great match-ups in the end.

It's a baptism of fire, but I hope you were able to take something away from it (besides ranked comms). From my own experience, it can be discouraging, especially if you feel like you're hitting a wall and don't know how to improve. If you have someone recording the matches, a good starting point to improving would be to watch those matches and try to find any mistakes you made.

Hope this helps and again, I think it's great for the server/community as a whole to have more ranked going on.
White-Hart Legacy The Shadowlands

<say NO to PUGS>

Tilyanrana's Avatar


Tilyanrana
02.07.2013 , 10:56 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by kamikrazy View Post
Cheers for sticking through with it. I think a lot of teams ended up queuing and we had some great match-ups in the end.

It's a baptism of fire, but I hope you were able to take something away from it (besides ranked comms). From my own experience, it can be discouraging, especially if you feel like you're hitting a wall and don't know how to improve. If you have someone recording the matches, a good starting point to improving would be to watch those matches and try to find any mistakes you made.

Hope this helps and again, I think it's great for the server/community as a whole to have more ranked going on.
Oh man, that Hutt Ball match was horrible. We're actually pretty good at HB, but you guys slaughtered us. You in particular were a joy to railshot!.

We definitely learned some stuff about ourselves and where we need to improve, and while losing sucks, we enjoy the challenge and want get to the point where we can be competitive. We will continue to queue for RWZs whenever we have enough folks on to field a team, and hope that this becomes a regular thing for all the PVP guilds on both sides. Agree, it's a great thing for the server and community to have more ranked going on.
The Rana Legacy | Shifted | The Shadowlands
Tilyan - Powertech | Tilyon - Marauder | Tillian - Assassin
Tilyen - Operative | Tilion - Guardian | Tylion - Shadow

Reginlief's Avatar


Reginlief
02.07.2013 , 11:37 AM | #10
Last night felt like pug RWZ night, I guess once people heard about the shifted team they decided to throw some teams together... A pug with Skillxx in it, a few people from ID were in a team with some pugs, Wanted got a group together, and we got a mixed Republic group going, it was a good time. Thanks for the games.