Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lightside Sith

Lycor
11.24.2012 , 02:39 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Helig View Post
I loved playing Grey Warrior with a LS lean. I envisioned him as something of a Samurai - one honorable, loyal, dutiful, somewhat arrogant and entitled and prepared to do what is necessary, if duty demands such.

Turned out great. Much more depth to the story than the "Stupid Evil" Dark Side, or "irrational wuss" Light Side, both of which I played through in Beta.
I agree, but if you stay "grey" then you won't be able to use the better relics, who require dark/light side V

Altheran
11.24.2012 , 03:28 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Lycor View Post
I agree, but if you stay "grey" then you won't be able to use the better relics, who require dark/light side V
These relics are beaten with a wide gap (stat & effect wise) by any endgame relic which none of them has alignment requirements.

Druidregalia
11.24.2012 , 09:37 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Altheran View Post
These relics are beaten with a wide gap (stat & effect wise) by any endgame relic which none of them has alignment requirements.
^this.

For the record it is always ok to RP your characters, and will likely make the game far more interesting than choosing LS or DS based off of what you normally choose. It's especially fun to be neutral on a class like BH or IA. My BH was mostly LS but it was fun as hell to punch out mouthy nobles on alderaan during my class quests.

To OP: My first character was a SI(sorc healer) and I have to say, if you want to lightside I would do SI in an instant. There is a very beautiful ending(or segment of the ending) that can only be achieved by an LS sith. I wont spoil it for you, but im sure you can look it up on youtube.

Kurugi
11.24.2012 , 11:51 PM | #24
I'm leveling my 2nd sith warrior, going light side this time. I'm actually liking it a lot more, as your character still feels like a bad *** but not as much as a mindless brute who kills anything and everything. That's pretty much all I remember about being a DS sith warrior: kill, kill, kill, kill, kill, shock vette, shock vette, kill, insinuate one's mother was not of good breeding, kill, kill, kill

I remember when you first get to Dromund Kaas and that servant greets you and you can kill him. I did that my first time and was like "...what was the purpose of that?". I didn't even like shocking vette repeatedly because it just seems senseless, so I usually just took the neutral option but I think I eventually took it off even on my DS playthrough.

Vigilanis
02.05.2013 , 09:22 AM | #25
I am playing my Inquisitor Light Side for the most part. I kind of support the notion that he is bitter towards the Empire for being enslaved but chooses to bide his time, building up power within their Sith Order and using their knowledge of the force for his own betterment.

Inevitably he is consumed by the Dark Side so he is going to be a bit of a volatile character who will no doubt decimate anyone who stands in his way, a Jedi he will never be, however some of those pure evil dark choices will not be taken, reflecting a more independent thinking Sith than those committed so blindly to their order without question...more of a Rogue Sith as I prefer to view him.

It is at the end of the day YOUR SAGA, and your story, you play it however you see fit really, I for one am one of those people who cannot play the 100% pure evil path, not comfortably anyway...
The Legend of Vigi
The Sunrider Legacy

Apollone
02.05.2013 , 11:30 PM | #26
I've completed both Inquisitor and Warrior (light) stories and I feel like the warrior made more sense as lightside.
Spoiler

As a lightside warrior I can't recall any moments that broke immersion for me.

Mridc
02.07.2013 , 04:42 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Xargyn View Post
I played Light sided for both classes, and I think the Warrior is better suited for a Light sided story than the Inquisitor. The Warrior starts off as a member of the nobility, while the Inquisitor starts off as a slave. So the warrior has seen the best that the Empire has to offer, while the Inquisitor has seen the worst. Now the Inquisitor story works if you want to go Light side, but if I had to choose just one to be the "good guy" I'd go with the Warrior.

And keep in mind that the warrior's apprentice will have a different personality and abilities based on if you're going Light or Dark sided with her. No other class has a companion that changes to that degree.
Not only that, but the Warrior does not have to fight in order to be recognised as a Sith. He already is respected and seen as a noble. So the Warrior is one that is born to lead out of the box, which basically meant "leading by example" from level 10 onwards for me. E.g. before asking the military to do throw away lives, you spearhead an asault. Also, people are more willing to fight for you if they respect you and are able to look up to you. That means mercy and compassion goes a long way in the long run.

The Inquisitor however gets pushed around a lot. On both my Sorcerer and my Assassin I felt I needed to push back hard in order to show people that even a former slave can be a force to be reckoned with. Only later on, when the story transcends ppower struggles, I found myself getting more lenient and political in my decisions.

My Juggernaut reached 50 being Light II, both Sorcerer and Assassin were neutral (the Sorcerer was close to Light I however) when finishing their class stories.
I agree completely that the SW story makes a lot of sense played as LS.

Edit:
Spoiler