Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Aikiyc
02.06.2013 , 12:46 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by silvershadows View Post
You should aim for above 1200. It actually makes a huge difference. I was amazed at how much I noticed it when I went from 1100 to 1230 a few weeks ago.
Speaking as a healer, I'm just happy if you can clear 1k, or have full recruit. 1200+ is great, but I'm fine with 1k. Obviously, for a min-maxing PvPer, you probably want 1200.
The Teltae Legacy
There's no escape from the mind.

The_Tremere
02.06.2013 , 02:06 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by BrooklynKnight View Post
Ayup. I'm between 1100 and 1200 on my Tank and Sentinel. Someone pointed out that it just made more mathematical sense for me to play with Expertise and they were right.

It doesn't make me any more skilled at pvp, I still suck, but I'm not artificially dragging my team down either.
Very glad to hear this.

kirorx
02.06.2013 , 10:18 AM | #23
I have this dream of playing a warzone as all stealthies and never attacking the enemy.....oh the confusion of those reps that day.....i just got to find 8 stealthies that dont mind a loss or two
Watch the Clowder of Cather in this video http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j7uTcYvoEbU

Jaing
02.06.2013 , 02:30 PM | #24
Verry annoying to get teamed up with people who only want the daily credit. The only real way to limit this is to increase the starting reward threshold in PvP to the point where players actually have to participate.

Currently you can do squat in a warzone and as long as you aren't vote-kicked you get credit for 1/4 or 1/2 of the daily. If that's enough for some people, there would have to be some minimum trigger for getting daily credit.

Let's say the devs change it so that you actually need 3 medals to start getting comms AND to get credit for the daily. There would probably be a massive outcry from those that are just there to farm., but they would at least have to do a little bit of defense/offense/healing/protection to get credit. Once they get 3 medals though, what's to stop them from just camping a node and effectively giving up? (not that hard to get 3 medals durring the first fight within a warzone).

I'd actually be in favor of a 5-medal gate to comms and daily credit, but I think that would be too large a barrier to people just starting out in PvP and would discourage them from further PvP.

Granted, if the PvP gear just didn't give out molecular stabilizers then that particular problem would be solved and we'd only see PvPers in warzones. It would seem, however, that the simpler (lazier) route was taken and the "materials" of all level 61-63 components in the game were made to be the same. An Advanced Reflex armoring 26 and a War Hero Reflex Armoring 26 are both made of molecular stabilizers as far as TOR is concerened. Unfortunately isn't even considered a bug, and the existing bugs in this game aren't being given all that high a priority.
PAXIMPERIUS
Website | Recruitment Thread

BrooklynKnight
02.06.2013 , 08:16 PM | #25
There would be outcry from those of us that just arent as good or have laggy connections as well.

Despite getting the correct gear, with matches that are really stacked, I still sometimes struggle to get a single medal. Especially if every target is jumping around, making it near impossible for me to do damage.
Brooklyn - 55 Human Sentinel
Djeck - 55 Cyborg Gunslinger
Undaduress - 55 Chiss Shadow
Quaylei - 55 Chiss Powertech

Jenzali
02.06.2013 , 08:52 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by BrooklynKnight View Post
There would be outcry from those of us that just arent as good or have laggy connections as well.

Despite getting the correct gear, with matches that are really stacked, I still sometimes struggle to get a single medal. Especially if every target is jumping around, making it near impossible for me to do damage.
The easiest way to get medals is to throw your guard on someone and taunt enemies. Well, that's your main role as a tank in fact. It's fine if you don't do any damage so long as you are focusing on protecting your teammates (particularly healers).
Dashto Vant - Arsenal Mercenary - The most dashing bounty hunter in the galaxy.

BrooklynKnight
02.06.2013 , 08:59 PM | #27
In that specific case I'm talking about my Knight.
I'll often solo guard one of the turrets or caps as a tank.
Brooklyn - 55 Human Sentinel
Djeck - 55 Cyborg Gunslinger
Undaduress - 55 Chiss Shadow
Quaylei - 55 Chiss Powertech