Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

ahem,the new robes

Lahsbee
01.24.2013 , 08:33 PM | #21
Folks who are happy with the new Cartel Shop armor aren't terribly motivated to come here and squee about it. I think it's great, personally. I'd much rather spend a couple of bucks to get a specific set of armor than waste hours of my life grinding for rare drops or haunting the GTN. You also have the advantage of wearing the same armor for most of your character's story, which is an immersion-builder for me.

That said, I want more of the armor linked in those old progression videos and stills. Cool stuff!

revan_worshipper
02.03.2013 , 09:32 AM | #22
A hood toggle is one of the most demanded and straight forward fixes being asked for by the community. There is absolutely no reason it shouldn't already be in the game.
∞[█╣╣╣╣▀▀()▀▀]Ξ{███████████████████████████████████████)

Talyndor
02.04.2013 , 11:27 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by _biddan_ View Post
a never promised "fix" to a silly hood?
why so serious?
Check out the 100 page thread about hood toggles. The people posting there take this issue more seriously than I could ever have imagined.

50 Gunslinger-50 Sage-50 Sentinel-50 Operative

idavies
02.04.2013 , 02:01 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Merwanor View Post
It may be silly to you, but for many people playing MMOs and games, how your character look is the most important part. And for this game it is even more important than any other MMO, because you have cuttscenes and dialogue with lots of NPCs.

Am I satisfied with the new CM robes, yes I have to admit I am kind of satisfied because I now after a year, finally look like a Jedi should. But I am not completely satisfied, because now I wish I could replay the class story. The real problem though is the fact that they charge us for something that should have been there since release, who in their right mind can think that making all JK armors have their hood up to be a good idea. The worst part is the lies shown in trailers and marketing for this game, so many cool hood down robes that does not exist are shown.

And the fact that something as simple as just adding a few of these armors would have appeased most us, why could they not just have added one or two hood down armors to some vendor or something, why is that so hard?
I have to agree with this. One of the main reasons I bought the game was some of the great looking gear in the trailers leading upto general release. It just seems that we keep getting lied to for no reason at all. It seems most of our wishes are ignored. But hey ho as long as we keep paying there's no incentive for BW to act.
Uranium 55 Commado Lithium 55 Guardian
Promethium 55 Gunslinger Berylium 55 Sage
Rhodium 55 Sentinel Plutonium 55 Shadow

Rerednaw
02.06.2013 , 10:46 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Merwanor View Post
It may be silly to you, but for many people playing MMOs and games, how your character look is the most important part. And for this game it is even more important than any other MMO, because you have cuttscenes and dialogue with lots of NPCs.

Am I satisfied with the new CM robes, yes I have to admit I am kind of satisfied because I now after a year, finally look like a Jedi should. But I am not completely satisfied, because now I wish I could replay the class story. The real problem though is the fact that they charge us for something that should have been there since release, who in their right mind can think that making all JK armors have their hood up to be a good idea. The worst part is the lies shown in trailers and marketing for this game, so many cool hood down robes that does not exist are shown.

And the fact that something as simple as just adding a few of these armors would have appeased most us, why could they not just have added one or two hood down armors to some vendor or something, why is that so hard?
Completely agree.

I also play other MMO's and the whole visual customization is very important. Just look at LoTRO. You can dye your armor any color you want and have several costume slots so you can change your look instantly without changing your equipped gear.

Ultimately my final solution to the whole hoodie syndrome was to rewrite my character's story. She was a Trooper and discovered her talents late. So she rocks with Trooper armor that my Armormech crafted. Hardened Plastifold is fairly basic and utilitarian. More practical, no spiky or flapping things to get tangled up. Well except except for the white which is a bit of a "here I am shoot me!" sign. But I figured Jedi Gaurdians are supposed to be weapon attractors anyway.