Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game Update 1.7 Developer Blog: Galactic Reputation

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Game Update 1.7 Developer Blog: Galactic Reputation
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

darklordpotter
02.06.2013 , 04:46 AM | #181
Quote: Originally Posted by Iggster View Post
So... People who have completed their class quests as a Jedi Knight are going to be 'unknown' to the Jedi?
And lords of the Sith are going to be unknown to the Empire and (should they introduce Mandalorians) BHs are going to be unknown to them.....yeah.

This is why I was kind of hoping you would get rep points for completing class story goals (and preferably world story).

Not to mention the Voss already know and revere you - assuming you do the world quest.

Delvianseek
02.06.2013 , 04:48 AM | #182
If you get reputation for things you would normally do then fair enough. I used to enjoy a space mission every so often but don't enjoy them after the last patch, so I don't do them anymore. If however the rewards from this rep grind mean that if you want to remain BiS, I can imagine lots of people grinding away at things they simply don't enjoy to be able to compete. we just need to wait and see what the rewards are.

I hope though that Bioware adjust their metrics analysis with to these grinds. For example their metrics may show that loads are people are doing the space missions. They may assume that people are happy with space the way it is because of this uptake - whereas many players may just see it as a grindy means to an end.

Thufir_Hawat
02.06.2013 , 04:52 AM | #183
The thing I'm keen to know is if using a single character you can hit the reputation cap for the week?

I suspect the answer is yes to ensure people with lots of Alts don't have a huge advantage. So finishing the weekly and say 7 time the Section x Dailes will hit the weekly cap, doesn't matter if this is done by one character over the week or 7 characters in a day.

Ideally caps will be lower than that though.

darklordpotter
02.06.2013 , 04:58 AM | #184
Quote: Originally Posted by Goretzu View Post

It's just another grind, it's basically the same thing WoW did with Burning Crusade (attach rep grinds to EVERYTHING) - which is basically why I quit WoW after BC and never went back.

I'm all for lateral character development, but I'd much rather this be something character based, rather than just a grind for another title or bit of gear that is soon out of date.

The only place where grinds like this really work IMO is in PvP, where it gives you a "rank".
EVE has a rep system which was (like everything else in EVE) significantly more complicated but simplifying down you had 2 reputations that mattered one for the sub faction (eg Imperial Reclamations Service) and one for the faction (eg Sith Empire) and they affected each other. Higher reputation scores allowed access to better missions and agents (quest givers), reduced repair costs, lowered costs for using starbase facilities owned by that faction and higher rewards for missions completed.

There was an element of equipment in there but it was mostly to do with increasing rewards for completing content. If memory served it also changed how polite the agents were to you but that might be my memory playing tricks.

That was more what I was hoping for -reduced repair costs, higher mission rewards, maybe a weekly milk run mission or two as a reward for your discretion / loyalty. Not grind this new bar to allow you to grind credits to equip another recolour of hideous end game gear and a generic title or two.

darklordpotter
02.06.2013 , 05:01 AM | #185
Quote: Originally Posted by Delvianseek View Post
If you get reputation for things you would normally do then fair enough. I used to enjoy a space mission every so often but don't enjoy them after the last patch, so I don't do them anymore. If however the rewards from this rep grind mean that if you want to remain BiS, I can imagine lots of people grinding away at things they simply don't enjoy to be able to compete. we just need to wait and see what the rewards are.

I hope though that Bioware adjust their metrics analysis with to these grinds. For example their metrics may show that loads are people are doing the space missions. They may assume that people are happy with space the way it is because of this uptake - whereas many players may just see it as a grindy means to an end.
It looks to me they have deliberately attached the rep grind to the least popular content in the game - Voss H4s, HM space and section X in a blatant attempt to get people to play it for a while. Rather than attaching to content people actually regularly play.

Griad
02.06.2013 , 05:54 AM | #186
I really cant see the point of going back to the same static planets fighting over mobs with some poor low levels grinding to 50, just to get a title and vanity items. (this is guessing, i can be wrong and the items might be usefull however i doubt it)

This is not something i would have focused on if they are to reuse old content do NMM FP with rakata/BH drops or something that can actually improve your toon. The FP are some of the best content ingame and would be awesome with new mechanics and making bonus bosses worth taking.
Elder Jedi - pre-cu jedi enforcer - pre-publish 9 dark jedi master.

Proud member of DILIH Red Eclipse

Mevan
02.06.2013 , 06:43 AM | #187
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalmackem View Post
Section X weekly gives us some reputation rewards does this mean that the March of the dread guard quest will be fixed for the imperial players in order for us to complete the weekly and get the reward?
The quest works fine.
Quit as of 2.4. Because the Star Wars IP can only get bad developers so far.

mattycutts
02.06.2013 , 06:52 AM | #188
i pvp only, i dont do hm's, i dont do raids, i dont do pve dailies,

So from just doing pvp and crafting means i will earn ZERO from the reputation feature thats incomming.

So bioware what the hell u thinking with this feature that u forgot all about pvpers and crafters? are we not to earn anything from that feature which means ill be paying for a new feature i will never earn anything from lol
RED ECLIPSE - Eternal Dawn (Rep) / The Deathbringers (emp)
(Ground & Space PVP only)
Empire - Quickblast / Quickstrike / Quickblow / Quickcast / Toretto
Republic - Quickblasts / Quickslam / Quickvolley
Former Baccas Blade / Nightmare Lands

JasraL
02.06.2013 , 07:09 AM | #189
Yay! Something new! Looking forward to trying this out and to see what kind of stuff the new vendors will sell.
Veni, vidi, velcro.

Malds
02.06.2013 , 07:52 AM | #190
Biggest waste of time EU!!

WTB Bug fixes and content!

This provides nothing to PVP'rs or even hardcore engame PVE'rs...infact what on earth is the point in these silly names which do nothing ingame??
Expulze - Sniper
E
xpulse - Powertech