Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game Update 1.7 Developer Blog: Galactic Reputation

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Game Update 1.7 Developer Blog: Galactic Reputation
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

MuratReis
02.05.2013 , 07:44 PM | #151
[QUOTE=JoeeyyMagzz;5821856], 1.7 adds a brand new monthly World Event with PvE bosses.[ /QUOTE]

This is what bothers me. There are times when I am really busy. For example, during the last world event I was in Mexico for work. I missed the whole thing. I'm annoyed every time I see those bind-to-legacy weapons. Now, another world event is coming, and in two weeks I'm moving to Taipei for a bit and probably won't be able to play much. In fact, I've never taken part in a world event yet, because they are so short. (Has there been 1 or 2?)

It's not like we have so many events that we need to shorten them; Let the world event last for 5 months. Give us a chance to play it!
''Ralph McQuarrie is the gentle giant of the Star Wars Universe.'' George Lucas

Angry_Ferth
02.05.2013 , 08:05 PM | #152
Quote: Originally Posted by JoeeyyMagzz View Post
Are you kidding us right now? First off, 1.7 adds a completely revamped Ilum PvP back into the game... so there's your PvP. Secondly, 1.7 adds a brand new monthly World Event with PvE bosses. Finally, 1.7 adds Reputation to the game - that should have been in since the game began, mind you - which gives players something else to grind, aka CONTENT.

Don't be a ******... this is a much needed and wanted update.
Then why not give us a blog about the revamped ilum pvp? this reputation system is nothing but carrot-on-a-stick filler for grind donkeys. And they aren't even using fresh carrots. This whole proposed system is garbage. If having reputation with a given faction meant something beyond a title and "some kind of gear" it would be way more impactful. Give each faction a collective reputation. Allow us to actually sway Voss and Gree sentiment, and then give us meaningful rewards for doing so.

Not to mention that the only new content that even seems to be included in this reputation system is whatever crazy crap they come up with for the gree/ilum pve event. This is grasping at straws, hoping people are dumb enough to think the new wrapper isn't hiding the same ****.

The whole blog just made this update feel really weak. Quick, give us some good news, because this certainly doesn't make me want to keep playing.

branft
02.05.2013 , 08:20 PM | #153
hopefully the gear that ur going to have to grind for wont look just like the rest of endgame just in a different color like makeb gear is .
Characters
Pardus~ lvl 50 Sith Assassin
Styrker~ lvl 50 Mercenary

MasterFeign
02.05.2013 , 08:33 PM | #154
Quote: Originally Posted by branft View Post
hopefully the gear that ur going to have to grind for wont look just like the rest of endgame just in a different color like makeb gear is .
I bet it'll be recoloured battlemaster gear.

Mevan
02.05.2013 , 08:45 PM | #155
Are you kidding us right now? First off, 1.7 adds a completely revamped Ilum PvP back into the game... so there's your PvP. Secondly, 1.7 adds a brand new monthly World Event with PvE bosses. Finally, 1.7 adds Reputation to the game - that should have been in since the game began, mind you - which gives players something else to grind, aka CONTENT.

Don't be a ******... this is a much needed and wanted update.
PvE bosses inside the PvP area you mentioned. Yeah, we all really want to get harassed while PvEing....

Adding a minor (and probably half-arsed) grind to a game is not new content. The items on the vendors will not be new content- if you think they will be I truly admire your amazing optimism...

This is not a much needed or wanted update. Let's not pretend it is. At all.

Mevan
02.05.2013 , 08:51 PM | #156
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterFeign View Post
I bet it'll be recoloured battlemaster gear.
I'm slightly worried that you may be right...

Styxx
02.05.2013 , 08:56 PM | #157
[QUOTE=MuratReis;5821863]
, 1.7 adds a brand new monthly World Event with PvE bosses.[ /QUOTE]

In fact, I've never taken part in a world event yet, because they are so short. (Has there been 1 or 2?)

It's not like we have so many events that we need to shorten them; Let the world event last for 5 months. Give us a chance to play it!
Two so far - one was the one where you got the Containment suit and the red rackghoul pet, the second you could get the Sandtrooper set and bind to legacy crossbows - which opened the possibility to move barrels around toons.

The only thing missing is a saber now.

They also had some really vague statements like : "we might or might not bring vendors back sooner or later, to use tokens" - which was partially true, as they kept the second event vendor up for one more week or something... or the Jawa from 1st... one of them... if memory serves right, that is.
Quote: Originally Posted by John Riccitiello View Post
When you are six hours into playing Battlefield and you run out of ammo in your clip, and we ask you for a dollar to reload, you're really not very price sensitive at that point in time...We're not gouging, but we're charging.

AkaPain
02.05.2013 , 09:00 PM | #158
when this patch will be implemented?
sorry for my english still learning it: D

XDrcaul
02.05.2013 , 09:06 PM | #159
So I am looking at another senseless grind for no rewards other than titles?
I'm legacy level 50 and Social X, what have you gave us Bioware for achieving that?
Nothing for legacy and a mindless party bomb.
The only reason I am still a sub is because this is the only Star Wars MMO.
Give us rewards for Legacy 50 and Social X, before you even try to introduce another grind fest.
Member of the Early Access - December 13, 2011 Club

LadyDrusilla
02.05.2013 , 09:09 PM | #160
Looking forward to this.
This blonde loves her Hutts, the bigger, the better.