Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Release Of 'Star Wars: Episode 7' For 2015

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Release Of 'Star Wars: Episode 7' For 2015

chuixupu
10.31.2012 , 01:44 PM | #81
Quote: Originally Posted by KarethRiker View Post
Rumore but technically from source: http://www.eonline.com/news/358685/s...casfilm-source
I completely expected this to be the case...it is cool that they are giving Zahn's books some publicity to the masses, though.

For those interested, Timothy Zahn is posting thoughts about it in his facebook.

Quote:
You go away for a weekend...

We got home from Tampa and Necronomicon late last night (after a full day of flying) to the stunning news of the Disney/Lucasfilm deal. It's going to take a little time to process my thoughts, but I'll try to post some comments here later today.

But to answer a few of the most immediate questions:

1. No, I haven't been contacted by either Disney or LFL.
2. There's no indication that anything from the Thrawn Trilogy (or any other EU book/comic will be part of the new movies.
3. There's also no indication that they *won't* make an appearance. Right now, we really have nothing on any of those details.
4. If Disney *did* want to use anything from the EU, they wouldn't need the author's approval or permission to do so. Everything that's been written under the Star Wars logo is LFL properly (as is only right and proper), and they can do with it as they please.
5. If by some miracle Disney *does* want my input on the project, I *will* be on the next flight to California. Heck, I'll charter a plane if I have to.

That's all for now. More thoughts when my brain wakes up a bit.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

Eillack
10.31.2012 , 07:34 PM | #82
Seeing that is this coming unfortunately, I say just do the Legacy Era seeing that this would be the safest era to mess with.
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.
Referral Code
The Benefits of Referrals

PeepsMcJuggs
11.01.2012 , 12:31 AM | #83
If you guys haven't heard it yet, here's the Forcecast covering the announcement. It's 2.75 hours long, and worth every minute: http://www.forcecast.net/story/topst...012_148658.asp
"Making the internet a happier place, one infraction at a time."

Athrandiel
02.03.2013 , 02:14 PM | #84
Well lucas doesent accept anything from extended universe and not even novels...and also he explicitly said new star wars are gonna follow luke and his establishment of jedi academy....anything else is still unknown...also luke will be old and main jedi saviour is probably gonna be his young padawan or full blown jedi by then....
who the main villain will be i have no idea but i would assume its jedi gone south again or something like that..i think there is going to be a lot of jelousy involved in new star wars...

BTW dunno why people doom these sequel already... remember empire strikes back was neither produced or screenplayed by lucas and it turned out to be an awesome movie and now...J.J. Abrams who is imo best sci fi director is in the crew so this is to be at least in terms of movie technology a great movie... plot is already written by lucas yeaaaars ago (episode 1-12) so lets hope he tought sequels better then prequels altough i like pre's quite alot...they give great perspective to what happens in 4-6.

cheers
May the force be with You
The Red Eclipse
Shadows Legacy
Andengels - Shadow Venders - Commando Anderei - Guardian

Stellatus
02.04.2013 , 01:21 PM | #85
Quote: Originally Posted by Athrandiel View Post
Well lucas doesent accept anything from extended universe and not even novels...and also he explicitly said new star wars are gonna follow luke and his establishment of jedi academy....anything else is still unknown...also luke will be old and main jedi saviour is probably gonna be his young padawan or full blown jedi by then....
who the main villain will be i have no idea but i would assume its jedi gone south again or something like that..i think there is going to be a lot of jelousy involved in new star wars...

BTW dunno why people doom these sequel already... remember empire strikes back was neither produced or screenplayed by lucas and it turned out to be an awesome movie and now...J.J. Abrams who is imo best sci fi director is in the crew so this is to be at least in terms of movie technology a great movie... plot is already written by lucas yeaaaars ago (episode 1-12) so lets hope he tought sequels better then prequels altough i like pre's quite alot...they give great perspective to what happens in 4-6.

cheers
Nice necro.
DROID DOES.

Athrandiel
02.04.2013 , 01:33 PM | #86
Quote: Originally Posted by Stellatus View Post
Nice necro.
havent really see dates..came across it on google search..sry if u got offended by it

Ath.
May the force be with You
The Red Eclipse
Shadows Legacy
Andengels - Shadow Venders - Commando Anderei - Guardian