Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Warmaster's Double-bladed Lightsaber bug

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Warmaster's Double-bladed Lightsaber bug
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

02.04.2013 , 02:00 AM | #1
The Warmaster's Double-bladed Lightsaber has a repeatable bug with the displaying of the second blade (the blade issuing from the rear of the hilt emitter)

If you loot a corpse, sit, interact with an item or emote, the second blade vanishes, and can only be fixed by returning the weapon to the belt or by combat ending, if you did not draw the weapon manually (default z key) Basically any animation that is not linked to an ability removes the second blade.

This is easily repeatable, and exceptionally frustrating when playing.

I would'nt normally complain here on the forums about this, but as it is a Cartel Store item, that I spent quite a few cartel coins to obtain I feel it should work in the same fashion as the other dual-bladed lightsabers in the game.

Anyone else experience this? Or did I get a faulty one?

02.04.2013 , 03:26 AM | #2 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hi Farstrider,

This is a known issue, and we are working on it.

Unfortunataly everyone's sabers are malfuctioning, not just yours.

Thanks for the report.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support| Find help for all EA Games at Answer HQ.

03.05.2013 , 09:32 AM | #3
Any eta on a fix for this? I really feel like I was ripped off since I spent a considerable number of coins to obtain one of these only to then find out it doesn't work most of the time.

03.05.2013 , 04:49 PM | #4
It seems to be a simple problem. Each of the Cartel sabers function to create a little effect where the second saber (that vanishes) is delayed when it extends when you draw your weapon, which is why only the Cartel and the Grey Helix sabers would bug and none of the earlier shells have this problem.

So since you guys have fixed one of the sabers, what makes fixing the other ones so much of a problem? Especially when you can manage to release the SAME BUGGED VERSION of a saber in an event AFTER you guys have created a fix to this one problem. It's clearly the same problem, something that buggs the blade because of your little effect with the blade extending when drawing the weapon, so using logical thinking, all three blades have the same problem. So if you can fix one of them, surely there shouldn't be any problem fixing the others?