Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Pub Vs Imp Dailies


demotivator's Avatar


demotivator
02.01.2013 , 03:13 PM | #11
I also believe it is only perception and habit. After several pub toons and getting used to these dailies, it took me quite a few runs to make a routine out of the imp ones.

Though I find Poisonous Strategy to be way more difficult than Darkness on Ilum. I can solo the H2 without a sweat on my scoundrel healer but there's no way that I could do it on my op healer, it's just that I can't deal with 2 golds going crazy on AOEs compared to the one gold on the pub side.
Randomizing your forums.

SleepyKing's Avatar


SleepyKing
02.02.2013 , 06:08 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by demotivator View Post
Though I find Poisonous Strategy to be way more difficult than Darkness on Ilum. I can solo the H2 without a sweat on my scoundrel healer but there's no way that I could do it on my op healer, it's just that I can't deal with 2 golds going crazy on AOEs compared to the one gold on the pub side.
PS is very hard to solo without a character with an in-combat CC, because both of the Jedi that pop out will slam you with a constant series of stuns, knockbacks and other annoyances. In a two-man group (it is a heroic, after all), however, it is much easier than DoI, with it's million trash mobs with massive aggro radius. In DoI, the trash is more dangerous than the bosses.

JSunrider's Avatar


JSunrider
02.02.2013 , 09:04 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by SleepyKing View Post
PS is very hard to solo without a character with an in-combat CC, because both of the Jedi that pop out will slam you with a constant series of stuns, knockbacks and other annoyances. In a two-man group (it is a heroic, after all), however, it is much easier than DoI, with it's million trash mobs with massive aggro radius. In DoI, the trash is more dangerous than the bosses.
If you encounter trash at all during DoI, you are doing it wrong.

demotivator's Avatar


demotivator
02.08.2013 , 04:21 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by JSunrider View Post
If you encounter trash at all during DoI, you are doing it wrong.
This. And that's actually another reason why the pub heroic is way easier, you can make your way "through" the trash with no sweat, the imp heroic requires you to clean the place first before hitting the console.
Randomizing your forums.

Zaxem's Avatar


Zaxem
02.08.2013 , 04:37 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by uniz View Post
section x

republic is faster. empire has to kill certain spawns in the bunker which dont respawn that fast and are few in number. empire has a quest to free prisoners which until recently was always bugged but still has tons of mobs around the pens. quest involving killing the dread guards takes longer.

black hole

empire is faster .their h4 last boss is stupid easy as it does little damage, you cant get locked out of the room, doesnt bounce around nor has multiple aoes. one quest can be done with out leaving the quest givers. there is no waiting for nodes either that two of the non area quests have for the republic. both area quests are the same.

ilum

about the same but empire side is faster as turrets and droids in the cave dont respawn all that fast if lots of players are there for the republic. one empire quest is way out of the way and used to be always bugged but now can be done.

belsavis

empire side is faster as there isn't only five leaders spawn points that everyone needs to kill three of. same with the droids and free the commandos. empire side only has one like this getting the parts for the datacron. the savant one might be included in this but neither was as bad a the leaders ever were and are.

been doing these dailies for almost a year now. have 50s on both sides. this is just my observations doing them on well geared toons solo.
i disagree on section x when i do section x on my feels feels like it takes a hell alot longer granted only done it a few times on my pub i usually don't even do section x dallies on my pub since i can do it on my imp faster
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.-Through passion, I gain strength.Through strength, I gain power.Through power, I gain victory.Through victory, my chains are broken.The Force shall free me 55 Juggernaut55 Assassin 50 Sniper 55 Mercenary50 Guardian55 Marauder

jjones_'s Avatar


jjones_
02.08.2013 , 04:58 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by itsmymillertime View Post
Faster Dailies:

Belsavis: IMPS
Ilum: IMPS
Black Hole: PUBS
Section X: IMPS
^^Mostly Agreed

I don't notice any considerable difference in the time it takes me to do Belsavis on either side.

Rep side Ilum just feels like a zig-zagging travelling nightmare with a damn cave of doom at the end whereas Imp side has a more logical questing route which eliminates most of the backtracking required. That said I usually solo the Rep heroic and skip the Imp one.

Black Hole I don't see much of a difference especially since they improved the respawn on the gerbils. I do find EOT easier to solo, CtS requires a strategic death on my part to get through the first room.

Section X is not remotely fun for me on either side but Rep is slightly worse because of the overly large dungeons with speedy respawn timers.
Server - The Red Eclipse
L55 Sorcerer / Assassin / Juggernaut / Marauder / Operative / Sniper / Mercenary / Powertech - Guardian / Sage / Scoundrel