Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

They want my deets

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Moomu
02.01.2013 , 05:48 AM | #1
Hi guys,
Anyone else here been requested by customer support to send photo ID to them?
My customer service guy asked me to send it so that "he could update the details on my account".
I'm a WoW subscriber, and they've NEVER asked me for such a thing. I'm pretty suss about anyone asking me to send photo ID when they have my details, credit card details and such right at their finger tips.....

Beesodd
02.01.2013 , 05:52 AM | #2 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hello Moomu,

In some circumstances related to cartel coin purchasing issues we will make such a request, yes.

However, we will only make such a request over the phone, so if you see one in a mail, please report it to us.

I hope this helps clear things up, and sorry for any alarm caused.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support| Find help for all EA Games at Answer HQ.

Corathor
02.01.2013 , 08:44 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Beesodd View Post
Hello Moomu,

In some circumstances related to cartel coin purchasing issues we will make such a request, yes.

However, we will only make such a request over the phone, so if you see one in a mail, please report it to us.

I hope this helps clear things up, and sorry for any alarm caused.
Still a very suspicious thing, and no other gaming company out there does it. This is utter Bull that you put your customers through the ringer and ask for stuff that is unreasonable.

Moomu
02.01.2013 , 08:06 PM | #4
It was actually requested so they could 'update my details on the system'.
It's got nothing to do with Cartel coins at all, I had to call customer service yesterday due to being locked out of my account.
I'm not planning to send any ID to you guys!

Valnac
02.01.2013 , 08:47 PM | #5
Recently I had to remove a broken Authenticator on my Blizzard account. One of the options they offer is to email to have it removed, and it DOES ask for an image of a picture ID proving account ownership. Driver's License, State ID, etc etc.

So Blizzard does ask for it as well in certain circumstances.

nattodaisuki
02.02.2013 , 12:18 AM | #6
For all they know, you could be a "Gold Seller" posing as the account owner who wants access to said account so you can clean it and sell the credits and maybe sell the account as well

No ID, no account. simple.
My slightly over-spec Rig, built specifically for Swtor: Core i7 3820 OC'ed @4.6GHz / MSI X79A-GD65 Mobo / Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866MHz 8GB x8 / Four 120GB 6Gb/s SSD in RAID0 / nVidia GTX Titan / Enermax Platimax 1200 watt PSU / 3 Acer HN274Hbmiiid 3D Compatible 27inch monitors. CPU and the GTX Titan are custom water-cooled.