Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Loading Screen Freeze After Disconnects

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Loading Screen Freeze After Disconnects
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Klarick
01.26.2013 , 06:56 PM | #401
Quote: Originally Posted by Brodysmith View Post
Don't worry guys, there is no issue on Biowares side, it's all on us!
Oh my Lord, you made me spit out my coffee from laughing so hard. Your statement, though funny, is so stinking true.
Klarick -- Healing PUGS since 16 March 1999

SteelTriton
01.27.2013 , 11:23 AM | #402
I have been playing this game since the end of November 2012 with no problems. I have been playing 2 - 3 hours every night sometimes more no problems. Now since the patch on Friday I get random loading screens no matter where I am in the game or which character. Everything was fine until that patch. Now this game can not be played to enjoy becuase you do not know when you will get the loading screen. Please fix I like to play game!

SteelTriton
01.28.2013 , 05:30 PM | #403
I know the issue is with the new update released on Friday but I want to play the game. I went around the forums and found some advice and I also did some of my own fixes. One person said to go into internet options and then go to connections tab and then Lan settings. Once there remove the check mark on automatically detect settings. Now I went ahead and turned off my Norton 360. I then went to start and run and typed in msconfig. I then went to the startup tab and I turned off the Adobe reader and Java upadaters. . Now Since I did this this morning I have played 3 different times. The first time was 90 mins. The next was 2 hours which eneded in a random never ending loading screen. Then I realized I had not applied those settings and restarted the computer. I restarted the computer. Then I logged back in and played for over 2 hours and only got kicked off this time when my router lost service from my provider. During this last session my antivirus came back on and did not effect the game. Hopefully this helps people out there until they fix the issue.

Dragonspitz
01.28.2013 , 11:13 PM | #404
Same exact issue here. I sit on my ship between pvp matches since the lag isn't so bad. But I can watch a crash coming. First it's full bars, then two back to full finally followed by the red X disconnect to the loading screen that maybe gets about 1/3 of the way through loading then hangs up. This happens every log in after about 8-10mins. Maybe once a night I get about an hour of solid game play with out a crash. Though in the meantime Netflix streams in full hd and there is no interruption to team speak. I've also tried Microsoft fixit found in this thread, the repair tool, full modem and router reset and to no end, the same result...8-10min of game play before I say $@@& this. I'll just play (more so just lof on and time the DC) until my time is up.
Sic Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Maatkara
01.28.2013 , 11:51 PM | #405
Ironically, this all started after they "fixed stability" of the servers..../fail again. I've never had such high average lag numbers.

CASHFETT
02.01.2013 , 07:38 PM | #406
Yep im getting the same issues. never used to happen but its such a pain. especially when it happens 3 times a night. Please can this be fixed.

damccull
02.01.2013 , 08:18 PM | #407
I am having this issue too. Every time I get disconnected I get a frozen loading screen at 1/5 loaded. I have to close the task and restart the game to play again. This takes too much time! Fix it, bioware!
May the win. Or something.

DarthVadorius
02.03.2013 , 12:19 AM | #408
Im getting the crash to loading screen all day now, about 6 times in last few hours. Last week it was the red X, but I thought it was because I changed to Verizon jetpack for my internet. Glad its not me. BioWare, if you want this game to succeed, please fix your stuff, THANK YOU!

mcfriet
02.04.2013 , 11:14 AM | #409
Iīm having this for the first time today... canīt even play 5 minutes without getting that loading screen.
is there a fix yet ?

Libensborn
02.04.2013 , 01:28 PM | #410
I got the worst part....

Everytime i get the infinite loading screen after a DC (or even without a dc) I can only start the launcher again after reinstalling swtor. This happens every 10-15mins, so tell me if Im happy with this situation while being a paying customer since pre-release.

Every new patch breaks something *sigh*