Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Unable to Login

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Rezanian
02.01.2013 , 04:52 PM | #1
I experience tremendous lag when trying to log in and when the play button is even able to be pressed my screen freezes when the game tries to load. My computer is fine and the game has ran smoothly on it for over a year. All my drivers are updated and my firewall isn't the issue. My service provider is Comcast and I am on the Jung Ma server.

Bronholz
02.01.2013 , 05:23 PM | #2 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greetings Rezanian,

Thanks for contacting us.

I'd like you to re-download the launcher and the latest version of the setup files from here. Please then try to run the game again to see if this has an effect on the issue.

Thanks for your patience.
Bronholz | BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

Rezanian
02.01.2013 , 09:46 PM | #3
I'm sorry, I phrased that poorly. I can login to the game, I just can't login to a character. The movements of the characters in the character selection are very laggy and when I select the play button it freezes the loading screen, showing me the Chapter my character is on. In other words, it's so laggy I can't even login to a character.

Rezanian
02.02.2013 , 12:23 AM | #4
Bumping

Liquor
02.02.2013 , 12:36 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Bronholz View Post
Greetings Rezanian,

Thanks for contacting us.

I'd like you to re-download the launcher and the latest version of the setup files from here. Please then try to run the game again to see if this has an effect on the issue.

Thanks for your patience.

-1 to you sir

failed. crashed to desktop and now unable to login.

The login service is currently unavailable. Please visit our forums for the latest updates on the status of this service.

---EDIT---

my issue happened after the game crashed then windows 7 crashed. my bios time was 2009...the launcher would not login. gave the message above.

after resetting my bios time and date to current time and date i was able to login to the launcher just fine

a note for others if they have a similar problem in the future

my clue into this problem was firefox could not verify website certificates due to the date screw ups.
Founder of *MaFiA* Oct 13th, 2000 - SWG Elder, Chilastra
SWTOR CE
- Darth Bandon-Shadowlands - Multi-game, Multi-faction - MrDeids.com
<Mando> - Vette/Mako/Zash/Pierce/Sylas
<Your Companion> - Vette/Elara/Pierce/Vader/Kaliyo/Sylas/Scourge
[/i]

OwenBrooks
02.02.2013 , 01:16 AM | #6
Yes covered by the sticky here http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...hp?t=498597#13

Date and time is one of the common causes.