Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

EV SM 2manned!

DarknessInLight
01.31.2013 , 08:47 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by gunte View Post

The Infernal Council:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBQl1qg0cFI

Please feel free to leave a comment
I'm calling this one out. I'm not going to ask how you managed to defeat 4 of them, but if you watch the video, there are two issues with you "winning" this encounter.

1. The Infernal Council requires you to defeat ALL 8 Sith Lords. You only beat 4. Not finished.

2. You are only allowed to defeat one of them at a time, and normally you can only defeat one. The fact that you attacked the Sith the healer was fighting and beat it means there is something wrong with your encounter. You are only allowed ONE hit on someone else's fight during the Infernal Council fight. They are immune to you after that one hit.

3. Waking them all up/aggroing them will cause you to wipe because there is no way for you attack all of them. The mechanics of the encounter do not allow for it. I seen that you did not wake all of them up, but the timer ran out, therefore you did not finish it in a 2 man fight. Look where it says that the "Time to face your destiny has expired". That means the entire encounter has reset.

I'm not sure what you did, but you definitely didn't beat the Infernal Council.
Jedi do not fight for Peace. That's only a slogan, and is as misleading, as slogans always are. Jedi fight for Civilization, because only Civilization creates Peace. - Jedi Master Mace Windu

DarknessInLight
01.31.2013 , 08:48 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by rob_y View Post
Not to mention that Rebuke and Guarded by the Force actually make a Sentinel a better tank than a DPS Guardian (I doubt you would want to try to 2 man something in Soresu form - you would struggle to put out enough damage).
If youre a DPS Guardian, you shouldn't be in Soresu form. You should be in Shien form.
Jedi do not fight for Peace. That's only a slogan, and is as misleading, as slogans always are. Jedi fight for Civilization, because only Civilization creates Peace. - Jedi Master Mace Windu

AngusFTW
01.31.2013 , 08:59 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by DarknessInLight View Post
I'm calling this one out. I'm not going to ask how you managed to defeat 4 of them, but if you watch the video, there are two issues with you "winning" this encounter.

1. The Infernal Council requires you to defeat ALL 8 Sith Lords. You only beat 4. Not finished.

2. You are only allowed to defeat one of them at a time, and normally you can only defeat one. The fact that you attacked the Sith the healer was fighting and beat it means there is something wrong with your encounter. You are only allowed ONE hit on someone else's fight during the Infernal Council fight. They are immune to you after that one hit.

3. Waking them all up/aggroing them will cause you to wipe because there is no way for you attack all of them. The mechanics of the encounter do not allow for it. I seen that you did not wake all of them up, but the timer ran out, therefore you did not finish it in a 2 man fight. Look where it says that the "Time to face your destiny has expired". That means the entire encounter has reset.

1.4 mobs each.. simple mathematics.
2. Pacify doesnt count as an attack by the looks of it.
3. They don't wake up until they are attacked

Also very nice job with this pel was telling me about it yday
Tomb of Freedon Nadd
55s.
Bleezar, Bleezár. Bleezlórd. Bleezard. Bleezford, Bleeznaut, Bleezfatt,
Lowbies
Bleezbian, Bleezguard, Bleezdian

vid
twitch

schnopsnosn
01.31.2013 , 09:00 AM | #24

What are you talking about?
Sent killed 4, Sage killed 4, that's 8 to me...
Also he only hit the Sage's opponent once with Dispatch.
You can definitely do this fight this way, Even in full Rakata without Augments I managed to kill 2 mobs on HM with my Sorc way back last Spring...

rob_y
01.31.2013 , 09:48 AM | #25
If youre a DPS Guardian, you shouldn't be in Soresu form. You should be in Shien form.
That's what I was saying. It was a comparison of a Sentinel's mitigation and a DPS Guardian's Mitigation, and I was simply saying that a Sentinel tanking something has better mitigation than a Guardian who isn't in Soresu form (due to Rebuke having an insanely high uptime).
Yan (55 - Scoundrel) Silch (50 - Guardian) Hoeven (50 - Commando)
Thith'yan (50 - Sorceror) D'lamia (50 - Marauder) Brazo (55 - Powertech)
RIVAL
The Fatman -> Prophecy of the Five

Thundergulch
01.31.2013 , 09:49 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Monoth View Post
Just more proof the Sentienl / Maruader are OP
Go away.

Thundergulch
01.31.2013 , 09:51 AM | #27
Congrats! Nice job!

ceazare
01.31.2013 , 10:12 AM | #28
(emphasis mine)
Apparently there are 3 issues
Quote:

1. Not sure if serious, sorry.
2. To clarify: any ability that does damage to the sith someone else is already attacking or any heal that heals someone other than yourself will place a debuff on you that reduces all outgoing damage to 0 and lasts one minute. Pacify doesn't do any damage so you don't get the debuff.

Quote:
The encounter had indeed reset once. It was our first try (vid is from second try) and I wasn't sure our (my) dps would be high enough to beat the timer. Sages don't have as high single target dps as sentinels, but overall dps can be boosted significantly if they use aoe attacks and dots on multiple targets. So i tried that . I believed you only get the debuff if you attack a sith that is already aggroed by someone else, but it turned out you also get it by engaging more than one at a time. Lesson learned

Quote: Originally Posted by Qvasar View Post
Very well done! Congratulations!
Thanks! How is Colonel Vorgath 3man going?
Pelara <Titans>
The Red Eclipse

AshlaBoga
01.31.2013 , 04:10 PM | #29

You need to pay more attention. Each of the 2 players beat 4 Council Members. That's a total of 8. They beat them all.
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

Newyankalt
01.31.2013 , 05:26 PM | #30
2nd most impressive vid of this game I have seen after 1 man darth malgus HM good job!!! But after bioware sees this sents will be nerfed.