Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Time for a PvP Fix

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Ghost_Spectre
01.30.2013 , 01:10 PM | #441
Quote: Originally Posted by NoTomorrow View Post
This will never happen. classes with a healing spec are not supposed to have an execution ability.
Therein lays the problem. The most squishes of classes not allowed having one huge attack solely because they can heal? Please, thatís ridiculous. Iíve never played in an MMO where that was the case. What BW has done to the Inquisitor/Consular classes is egregious in that regard. Thundering Blast should have the highest hitting damage capacity in the game based on the weakness of the Sorcerer AC. But, we cannot have that, LOLSmashers Inc., will have a conniption fit, and wet themselves QQing all over the boards because their Smash/Sweeps cannot do the same damage. Don't want to upset their delicate mental balance...you know how vain they are.

malicnchains
01.30.2013 , 03:31 PM | #442
Everything Fungi said pretty much sums it up on how I feel about Sorc pvp....Oh how I grow tired of getting raped up an down the battlefeild by Maras without having any way to really defend myself.It's pretty ridiculous.

malicnchains
01.30.2013 , 03:55 PM | #443
Quote: Originally Posted by Ghost_Spectre View Post
Therein lays the problem. The most squishes of classes not allowed having one huge attack solely because they can heal? Please, thatís ridiculous. Iíve never played in an MMO where that was the case. What BW has done to the Inquisitor/Consular classes is egregious in that regard. Thundering Blast should have the highest hitting damage capacity in the game based on the weakness of the Sorcerer AC. But, we cannot have that, LOLSmashers Inc., will have a conniption fit, and wet themselves QQing all over the boards because their Smash/Sweeps cannot do the same damage. Don't want to upset their delicate mental balance...you know how vain they are.
^^^This guy gets it!

Jayshames
01.30.2013 , 04:13 PM | #444
No one uses Sorcerers default saber attack, force lightning should have less damage and made into default attack. The current force lightning should then be replaced with a burst ability that's actually capable of dealing some damage.

Zajfien
01.30.2013 , 11:56 PM | #445
Fungi you got the right idea !!!!!!
Awesome Post

sad thing is i don't see BW doing anything good to the sorcs
.... i think they are secretly members of SmashMonkey Inc.

SoonerJBD
01.31.2013 , 12:17 AM | #446
Honestly, I don't mind the idea of a different approach to DPS between classes. Some ACs can be more about burst while others are more about sustained damage. Our filler abilities aren't as weak as some other classes, but we don't have abilities that hit as hard as their hardest hitting ones. Fine. But you still need to balance these concepts. Our DPS is slightly behind in PvE because our sustained DPS is just a bit too low. PvP is another matter. Burst is more important. I think the best answer may just be to decrease how often the burst classes get to take advantage of their best abilities. This would lower their DPS to our level in PvE and negate some of the PvP advantage they get.

I don't see that happening because it would infuriate too many people. So in lieu of that, I'd accept a slight damage buff that would close the PvE gap along with some sort of tool for PvP survivability.

wwkingms
01.31.2013 , 12:26 AM | #447
Quote: Originally Posted by Deimosmp View Post
If anyone has played WoW like I have, Shadow Word: Death. And seeing as how DPS sorcs are nearly identical as to how shadow priests in WoW are/used to be it would make sense.
YOU FOOL

only the higher burst classes jugg, mara, sniper, assasin get an execute.. that 7k smash needs to be followed bya 5k execute

BW is so fking dumb sometimes im surprised they havnt handed powertechs an execute
NIHIL

THE BASTION

Cuppcake
01.31.2013 , 08:35 AM | #448
Quote: Originally Posted by wwkingms View Post
YOU FOOL

only the higher burst classes jugg, mara, sniper, assasin get an execute.. that 7k smash needs to be followed bya 5k execute

BW is so fking dumb sometimes im surprised they havnt handed powertechs an execute
Against a sorc, most of a PT's abilities can be counted as an execute.
3-4k detonators, 4.5-6k railshots, etc..

fungihoujo
02.04.2013 , 11:10 PM | #449
Quote: Originally Posted by SoonerJBD View Post
Your continued Debbie Downerism is noted. You assume they are going to make no changes to the trees when they increase level cap. I assume they are going to make lots of tweaks when they increase level cap. I assume this because the devs have said they are making significant balance changes. We could end up better or worse. At this point, we don't know what they are planning. But keep assuming the worst and crapping all over Sorcs at every opportunity. It's what you do best.
Keep being blindly optimistic about a company that has been chain nerfing us for what is getting closer and closer to an entire year, and insulting anyone who doesn't share that optimism that has absolutely no precedence to it.

If bringing up all the failings of our class and all the imbalances compared to other classes- something I've supported many times with facts about what they did- numbers comparisons- patch notes- ability comparisons- other mmo comparisons, etc...... is what you call 'crapping on the class', then perhaps you should turn your anger at BW who is actually the ones doing it, I am merely reporting on what they have done, and pointing out where their previous behaviour is most likely to bring them with the xpac.

There is always a chance they will figure it out and do something about the imbalances that they themselves not only made back in April, but continued to widen with each patch since- but the thing about chance is, most people see 90% as a better chance than 10%.

Sylvan
02.05.2013 , 09:47 AM | #450
We can only pray that when they redo the skills for the new 55 level cap, they sort some of this out.

We are meant to be glass canons, fine I get that but we're glass canons with no balls....canon balls I mean.

That said, I've had top damage in the last 3 warzones I've been in, and yes that was pre 50 pvp, but even with there being level 47 warrior (my toon is level 25) smashing all over the place. You need to be really, really fast to survive as a sorc/sage. If you don't have your abilities keymapped properly for instant use you are doomed.
Jen'doon............Harkal Moravian