Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

-=Darc=- The Harbinger 2500 Rated DPS Sorc PvP stream

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sage / Sorcerer
-=Darc=- The Harbinger 2500 Rated DPS Sorc PvP stream

Deimosmp
12.14.2012 , 10:38 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Krozis View Post
I enjoyed your video. I thought when originally watching it that you were playing the exact same hybrid I am, but it's not quite the same. I'm wondering do you every feel like you're running on empty with force? Also why a point in Lightning Spire over taking Lightning Barrier? I guess I am a bit more defensive because I find I am hunted by Warriors/JK's a LOT.

Also I was a bit surprised (as some one else mentioned) how often you crit in that video.

Madness is nice for solo queuing, but I run out of force so often... I have to die, just to catch my breath. I truly enjoy the hybrid spec but I still do more damage with Madness personally.

One day, I'd love to go full Lightning (successfully). I see the odd person pull it off but it does remind me of Arsenal Mercs... a lot of standing around hoping no one notices you.

Good video though, and thanks for sharing the information.
With this spec I rarely run out of force. Sometimes I time an occasional Consumption right before I use Crushing Darkness because I get health return from that DoT. (Another situational tip. You wouldn't want to use consumption if you're getting beat on.)

The point in lightning spire has been a great tool to use when defending a node or simply harassing the enemy at their goal line from the third level in huttball. I use Lightning strike whenever my Crushing Darkness is on cooldown after a wrath proc to make the best use out of the two points in Subversion.

I often play with a my team whether its in rateds or normal warzones. So I'm relying on my healer to have those two points in lightning barrier.
Darç - The Harbinger - Ascendancy

I'm not sending subliminal messeges.

Krozis
12.14.2012 , 11:38 AM | #12
Thanks for this. I may have to try this without my little security blanket (stun bubbs help), although I do solo queue a lot on my sorc.

Great advice. Thanks.
̿̿'̿̿\̵͇̿̿\= Formerly from a big guild that is now hundreds of tiny guilds. =/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿
Krozis \ Vintego \ Vint

xstortion
12.14.2012 , 01:13 PM | #13
Yeah man as someone was saying I don't see the leapers. Just yesterday I was jumped at, at least 10 times in 1 single match but I guess you just play with better people so they keep them off of you.

Nice share though.

Do you run any PVE with your build?

Deimosmp
12.14.2012 , 04:59 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by xstortion View Post
Yeah man as someone was saying I don't see the leapers. Just yesterday I was jumped at, at least 10 times in 1 single match but I guess you just play with better people so they keep them off of you.

Nice share though.

I would need more crit to make this build viable for PvE/raiding. But that would cost me power to make that happen.

Deimosmp
12.18.2012 , 12:44 AM | #15
/bump

Had a decent showing of people tonight. Unfortunately we a guild lied to us and that said they were queueing and then never did so there was no rated matches tonight. Drop by during the evening hours and shoot me questions during the stream. I'll be more than happy to talk about the sorc class and answer anything.

And remember if you want a better chance at watching my stream just hit the follow button. It will notify you by email when I go live.

xstortion
12.18.2012 , 09:00 AM | #16
I need my build to be 50/50 PVP/PVE viable since I like to do both. I guess this is why I have stuck with full madness. Just think I need to optimize my gear a lot better. Probably dropping some PVE mods and such to min/max.

Deimosmp
12.18.2012 , 10:12 PM | #17
Stream is up. Will be running it for a few hours. Stop by!

MystbladeWA
01.10.2013 , 09:23 PM | #18
Would be interested to know if u have MrRobot profile? Lvling a DPS Sage with the intention of a spec similar to this and was wondering about Min/Max decisions.
Harbringer Server Predator Legacy
GSF Pilots: Wardancer Apèx Warsmíth M'shén

verfallen
01.10.2013 , 11:26 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by xstortion View Post

Nice share though.

His build is probably not viable for PvE since it sacrifice some sustained for Polarity Shift and Lightning CC boost.

I run 0/18/23 for that, which work great for me for some reason (compared to this build : more DoT damage, which is less useful for focusing someone down in pvp, especially if a sage is healing (BOOM no more dots).

That said, the pvp value of having better burst, and versatility in playstyle, + decent CC ability is sure interesting. I'll try to catch a stream. My main 50 pvp experience is in normal wz, where I do decent for my gear (mostly recruit, with BM mainhand WH offhand since my main focus is PvE) but its mostly by laying low, and just being harder to catch than what killing me seems worth it (puny dps in recruit? Lol). Sent normally give up when I just keep being a LoS pain and more interesting teamates are around. I have no dellusion I'd be murdered in rated.

Deimosmp
01.30.2013 , 08:59 AM | #20
/bump

Trying to broadcast more streams for you guys. The passed few have gone over very well. Stop by, pick my brain, ask me questions, and enjoy the stream. I recently made some changes to gear/spec that have been proving promising in PvP.

See you there!