Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Subscriber going free-to-play

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Subscriber going free-to-play

DarthBlazing
01.28.2013 , 12:47 PM | #1
Ok so, I'm a subscriber and I want to go free-to-play for 2 or 3 months. My question is, if I don't connect to my account during these months will I lose some of the things I have like my money or my items? Cause I know there is a money cap and free-to-play can not wear purple items and when I subscribe back I do not want to see that I lost all my money and all my items (full campaign by the way so you can understand my worrys)
Fear and destruction are my allies. Through them, comes my power. Through them, I can kill anything, even a world.
- Darth Blazing, the Annihilator

JustARandomGuy
01.28.2013 , 01:10 PM | #2
Hello!

I can't comment on most of this, but if you look at: http://www.swtor.com/free/features You'll get an idea of what you can get for the various subscription methods. Iirc, there are limits on amount you can carry/credits carried/ features etc.

I don't think you'll loose your items, but you may get a credit cap on your account.

Hope this helps!
‘Little minds are tamed and subdued by misfortune, but greater minds rise above them’
Ralph Waldo Emerson

DarthBlazing
01.29.2013 , 10:22 AM | #3
I just hope I wont go from 10 millions to 300k
Fear and destruction are my allies. Through them, comes my power. Through them, I can kill anything, even a world.
- Darth Blazing, the Annihilator

Codle
01.29.2013 , 10:54 AM | #4
You won't 'lose' the money, but you'll be unable to spend it whilst F2P.

Once you resubscribe, your items will be untouched, and you will receive the remainder of your money again.

Also, you can still wear the Campaign gear whilst F2P, you just can't equip any new purple gear.
The Red Eclipse - Khaar Legacy
'Face it tiger, you just hit the jackpot.'

R.I.P. OPOD

Diedel
01.29.2013 , 11:12 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthBlazing View Post
I just hope I wont go from 10 millions to 300k
The credits are definitely no prolbme, they will go into escrow and back out, if they do that at all when you don't log in.

What i still haven't figured out is what will happen to commendations, supposedly you will loose all above the cap, but i have no idea if it really works that way and when it would happen.

Eterud
01.29.2013 , 11:16 AM | #6
Yea would like to know this aswell!

commendations, skills, rested exp? what will you lose, or will your account simply "Freeze" if you do not login.

LordNickBux
01.29.2013 , 11:19 AM | #7
I was subscriber, then I go F2P and now I'm subsriber. The first time I was subscriber I had 21/1000 Coruscant Commendation, when i logged in as F2P I had 21/20. So i think they are untouched, ovviously, playing F2P you'll have a cap of 20 for planets commendation, I don't know what is the cap for PvP, HM FP, OPS, anyhow the ones that you have will not be touched.

Diedel
01.29.2013 , 11:44 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by LordNickBux View Post
I was subscriber, then I go F2P and now I'm subsriber. The first time I was subscriber I had 21/1000 Coruscant Commendation, when i logged in as F2P I had 21/20. So i think they are untouched, ovviously, playing F2P you'll have a cap of 20 for planets commendation, I don't know what is the cap for PvP, HM FP, OPS, anyhow the ones that you have will not be touched.
Yeah, i kept my commendation as well, but there is a post where people lost the commendations above the limit, so i would like an official response to what exectly happens.

Credits above the limit will go into escrow, so no problem if you sub again.