Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why is nothing being done about hacking/cheating

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Why is nothing being done about hacking/cheating

-Holmes
01.27.2013 , 08:25 AM | #81
Quote: Originally Posted by Kegparty View Post
Put that video away that is not a hack. She obviously took an invisibility stim or had a predation followed by a pull that made them cap the node quickly...
Never said it was a hack. It just goes to show that when you're forced out of stealth too soon, your character model glitches. I've had this happen with Smuggle as well. Got smuggled in and at the same time I threw a nade, which made me invisible on a vanguard.

Just a glitch.

Kegparty
01.27.2013 , 08:26 AM | #82
Quote: Originally Posted by -Holmes View Post
Never said it was a hack. It just goes to show that when you're forced out of stealth too soon, your character model glitches. I've had this happen with Smuggle as well. Got smuggled in and at the same time I threw a nade, which made me invisible on a vanguard.

Just a glitch.

Here is my edited above post....:

She obviously took an invisibility stim or had a predation followed by a pull that made them cap the node quickly... Show me video proof since I have been playing since beta 0.0012 and I have not seen one person hack or cheat anything.

Ok seriously. If you have not seen someone speed hack then you are a casual.

I was looking at the instructions and I feel a lot of these type things exist. I know resolve is all screwy for a lot of people. I know somehow when I keypress for any cloak I get jumped to regardless. It must be some 2 combo button thing I am pressing on my mara when I need to cloak to avoid attacks. It's like a reverse bug.

Great video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmsZqWZ1gsw

Kegparty
01.27.2013 , 08:28 AM | #83
Quote: Originally Posted by -Holmes View Post
Just a glitch.
Yah I put that one into the /stuck in PVP. Some of these glitches need to be fixed.

-Holmes
01.27.2013 , 08:30 AM | #84
Quote: Originally Posted by Kegparty View Post
Here is my edited above post....:

She obviously took an invisibility stim or had a predation followed by a pull that made them cap the node quickly... Show me video proof since I have been playing since beta 0.0012 and I have not seen one person hack or cheat anything.

Ok seriously. If you have not seen someone speed hack then you are a casual.

I was looking at the instructions and I feel a lot of these type things exist. I know resolve is all screwy for a lot of people. I know somehow when I keypress for any cloak I get jumped to regardless. It must be some 2 combo button thing I am pressing on my mara when I need to cloak to avoid attacks. It's like a reverse bug.

Great video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmsZqWZ1gsw
Hacks are definitely present in TOR, no doubts about that. But they're not as widespread and as game breaking as everyone claims they are.