Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cannot complete HK Mission

IrishTR
01.26.2013 , 11:18 PM | #1
So I've done the HK mission 7 times out of 8 50s, finally decided to get the last 50 his HK... do all the steps and the last one is the FE SM HK part recovery... Well get a group and everyone but me receives the part (one person got 2 for some reason).

Ok so its a fast burn, we exit, reset instance go back in get to HK kill him and NOTHING...

What does CS say... "Blah blah, reset phases, reset mission etc etc" Um excuse me... I am not doing that damn scanning mission all over again to include the 125k part in the PVP area... No unacceptable!

So Bioware I say bubkiss to your mission and your selling factor of a broken mission and companion to go along with your incompetent non capable of reading CS...

Just a heads up to anyone else whos mission bugs... Dont expect CS to assist in anyway.

Likomg
01.26.2013 , 11:57 PM | #2
Resetting the mission willnot make you lose the parts you have already gained -- it will reset the quest, then update with all the parts you already have in your possession. So resetting it could fix the part you are actually on without resetting the gains you have already made.

nicosand
01.27.2013 , 12:02 AM | #3
I've seen guys getting it on HM aswell

IrishTR
01.27.2013 , 08:07 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Likomg View Post
Resetting the mission willnot make you lose the parts you have already gained -- it will reset the quest, then update with all the parts you already have in your possession. So resetting it could fix the part you are actually on without resetting the gains you have already made.
Have you ever reset a mission with Mission Items? When you reset a mission it completely starts it over from scratch, and if not mistaken erases said items in your inventory under the Mission Items tab, if it doesn't erase them when resetting them Mission I'm pretty sure that it does not re-scan and auto update those either. Would be nice if they could be moved to vault and then back into inventory because that would trigger an update...

Here's what resetting this particular mission will cause... Hours of time scanning several planets, 125,000 credits for the bogus part from the vendor in a PVP Free-For-All Zone of Tatooine, 1 Hard Mode Foundry Flashpoint (hours waiting in the group finder!) and 2 repeated attempts in a False Emperor Flashpoint with nothing but it not working as intented.

So unless someone says they've actually performed that for this quest. I'm not budging until Bioware address this beyond the level of the un-Supporting Customer Support (who obviously has no understanding of the English language because they completely ignored the long detailed ticket I submitted so they would not come back with some bogus canned response to do steps I already indicated I performed!)

Sigh... getting real hard to keep paying for this!

Here's what Customer Support should be doing. Issue the Item in the Mail just like they are capable of issuing lost items/refunds in the mail when the game caused bugs before. Case in point, during Reverse Engineering, game bugged, no schematic learned, window of mats from RE disappears before able to take any and none in bags. Whats CS do... They've restored the original item that was Reversed by sending it in the mail! HEY +1 for CS right...

So tell me WHY IS THAT SO HARD TO DO NOW? Issue the damn HK Part in the mail as I pick it up the quest will update and I can go on my merry way... Will they... PFT no more canned responses of they cannot do anything I need to go waste more time blah blah oh yea did you see our new recolored cartel items please purchase more coins!

Likomg
01.27.2013 , 11:13 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by IrishTR View Post
Have you ever reset a mission with Mission Items?
Yes, I have. During the Chevin event, I got bugged on the quest where you had to collect items from several planets; I was told to reset the quest, which I did not want to do for the very same reasons you state (minus a 100k+ purchased item, of course). It was the last step for me on the quest, and it had been a hassle that I did not care to repeat again. I finally realized BW was going to do nothing for me, as they told me to reset, as well -- so I finally just hit reset, determined that I would just abandon it if I had to redo everything again. I lost NO mission items that I had already gained, they reupdated those portions immediately and I was able to do the bugged portion properly.

So yeah.

IrishTR
01.27.2013 , 12:07 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Likomg View Post
Yes, I have. During the Chevin event, I got bugged on the quest where you had to collect items from several planets; I was told to reset the quest, which I did not want to do for the very same reasons you state (minus a 100k+ purchased item, of course). It was the last step for me on the quest, and it had been a hassle that I did not care to repeat again. I finally realized BW was going to do nothing for me, as they told me to reset, as well -- so I finally just hit reset, determined that I would just abandon it if I had to redo everything again. I lost NO mission items that I had already gained, they reupdated those portions immediately and I was able to do the bugged portion properly.

So yeah.
I'll share try after work then... And will hunt ya down if not so :P

IrishTR
01.27.2013 , 02:15 PM | #7
Well it did exactly what i knew was gonna happen... Reset it all the way back to the Theoretika step... and took all the Mission Items away...

Yippie... FAIL!

Likomg
01.27.2013 , 06:40 PM | #8
Well it did exactly what i knew was gonna happen... Reset it all the way back to the Theoretika step... and took all the Mission Items away...

Yippie... FAIL!
That's utter crap imo -- is not how it has worked in the past, I apologize for giving you reason to believe it would work as I mentioned, but that is the experience I had

I would mention your ticket # in this thread and hope that Beesodd (sp?) finds this thread and investigates it for you. In my experience, he's (she's?) been very competent and helpful in all issues, rather than the stonewall that is often run into here.

OwenBrooks
01.27.2013 , 06:57 PM | #9

Yippie... FAIL!
With any luck if you complete the first step again in the mission it will recognise the rest as completed and update accordingly (it has does this for me in other story chains) fingers crossed

IrishTR
01.27.2013 , 09:06 PM | #10
Eh not your fault... And no it didn't update I'm back to square one of having to go scan for parts and pay for them... That's ok I'm not wasting anymore time on it again 7 completed already ill just voice my opinions to new players attempting to try and perhaps they'll avoid it as we'll sort of a boycott measure perhaps bio ware customer service will get pressure from above to improve not likely but whateva

Thanks anyway and Bioware don't expect any more cash from this customer