Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lag issues

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Tatami
01.27.2013 , 06:15 AM | #561
My server lag used to be a steady 30-55ms constant, all the time. Now since 1.6.2 it jumped up to a average 90 and it is wildly erratic sometimes jumps up to 255 and occasionally red dot, red X's me.

I'm on Begeren Colony server
Phoenix, Arizona
ISP: Cox Cable

I know it's not me, I've run countless off site ping and packet tests. My internet stability is the same as it always has been. It is definitely either server side or between server and me.
Begeren Colony Server.
Grim Determination
Tatia,Tatami, Tatiana, Tatsi, Tatsuko, Tatsuki

OwenBrooks
01.27.2013 , 06:27 AM | #562
Quote: Originally Posted by jprife View Post
Then why, oh why, does BW/EA customer service keep asking for this information in their cut-and-pasted messages, if it is is only of marginal value? The really maddening thing about all of this is that after we comply and send them the requested data, it seems to fall into a black hole and there is no follow-up, just silence. And in my most recent case, my ticket was unilaterally closed after I responded (very nicely) with my latest PathPing and Tracert, which I posted above (and you responded to). After I wrote back and complained about the ticket closure, I then got the canned response from M0-T0, which I also posted above.

Frustrating in the EXTREME.

When it works as advertised, I love this game and desperately want it to succeed. That's why I post as much as I do to try and get somebody's attention in Austin. But lately, I feel like I've just been wasting both my time and money and that BW/EA could care less. Am I wrong to think that, after all is said and done?
Now this is my take on this, I actually think it comes back to legality, they will gather data to see if something is obvious , or if indeed it can identify a cable fault or a faulty router, but this is the but, companies these days are all about legal protection, if they engage on a regular basis in regards to internet issues in relation to ping or spikes it likely leaves them open for class suits due to the simple fact they have said something that is interpreted as liability on their part. Simple answer is not to admit to anything regardless if it is or isnt there fault.

Does it help you enjoy the game , and that answer is no i am afraid and i agree it is frustrating as hell.

Take this poor guy playing wow, http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7416265374 , no issues except for wow and he got no response.

This guy plays GW2 and again he plays other games fine but https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...ering-dungeons

Sometimes there may not be a simple solution but if you have tried everything possible then a VPN maybe the only answer just need to find the right one.

Char_Ell
01.27.2013 , 06:31 AM | #563
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatami View Post
My server lag used to be a steady 30-55ms constant, all the time. Now since 1.6.2 it jumped up to a average 90 and it is wildly erratic sometimes jumps up to 255 and occasionally red dot, red X's me.

Phoenix, Arizona

I know it's not me, I've run countless off site ping and packet tests. My internet stability is the same as it always has been. It is definitely either server side or between server and me.
Same server, same metro area, same ISP, same issue. I'm not quite sure when it started but definitely within the past few weeks. Haven't experienced nearly as many "red dot, red X's" a.k.a. server disconnects the past week but the server lag is often >100 milliseconds now when in the past it's typically been <60 milliseconds

KenzoPrime
01.27.2013 , 07:00 AM | #564
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatami View Post

Phoenix, Arizona

Same issue.
I'm on Tomb of Freedon Nadd
Russia, Lobnya (Moscow)
ISP: LinkIntel

AceOfHertz
01.27.2013 , 10:59 AM | #565
Same Issue, will be playing normally and will get a major lag spike

I'm on The Ebon Hawk
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
ISP: Cogeco Cable

bfallingstar
01.27.2013 , 11:32 AM | #566
Same issue. Lag spikes into red. Also on The Ebon Hawk.
}=[||█Θ███||||█[☼]={███████████████████████████████████)

All through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always.

Mohandas K. Gandhi

Sir-steve
01.27.2013 , 12:10 PM | #567
Quote: Originally Posted by AceOfHertz View Post
Same Issue, will be playing normally and will get a major lag spike

I'm on The Ebon Hawk
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
ISP: Cogeco Cable
Same Location/ISP. Server is Shadowlands. Lag spikes hitting 13k since last patch....getting more frequent daily.

Jamiegw
01.27.2013 , 12:22 PM | #568
Same issue. Lags grow up to 13-14k and then red cross and the game tries to relog, i believe, but it just stucks at the loading screen. I have to alt+F4 it. No accurate intervals between that - from 2 mins (just logged in up to 1-2 hours) - practically impossible to play, can even finish quests in story areas. It's getting more and more tough with each day. Today is much worse than on Saturday. Bioware, will you fix this out finally? *** we're paying you money?

Server - Red Eclipse
Zhymomyr, Ukraine
ISP: FreeNet

tpryan
01.27.2013 , 12:35 PM | #569
The lag is not player side....I jumped onto another MMO recently, then jumped back to SWTOR and noticed how bad the lag was on SWTOR

Ammanseb
01.27.2013 , 12:42 PM | #570
The harbinger same problem, ive entered the beta of another mmo with 200 players running and jumping around me with max setting and my ping is perfect, and I see everyone at the same time with their shadows...in swtor sadly its horrible. The game is perfect but plz fix these ping spikes.