Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Information Request: Crashing to Desktop

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Information Request: Crashing to Desktop
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Thuffi
01.26.2013 , 12:23 PM | #801
1. Name of server: T3-M4
2. Name of character(s) affected: All
3. Frequency of crashing: about every 2-3h
4. Any potentially helpful information: often in/before/shortly after changing places or loading new windows like inventory or Galactic Market, in loading srceens of planets/bg. when entering voss it crashes almost every time.
it happens regulary since 30.9.2012

5. DXDiag in spoiler tags:
Spoiler

Spoiler

7. server dicconnects only happen at my 24h disconnect, while crashing there were never any connection issues.

Valikusk
01.26.2013 , 12:58 PM | #802
The Harbinger
Valikusk
Everytime, without fail whenever I go into the Galaxy map on my ship and click on The Valiant - Irredeemable mission. Brings up the Travel here screen but I can't click on anything, and like 10-15 seconds later I get a dialog box that pops up and says SWTOR has stopped working.

DXDIAG:
Spoiler

Reliability report
Spoiler

My game has crashed to the desktop and no loss of internet connection.

Isxossk
01.26.2013 , 01:01 PM | #803
I posted all my infor several months ago and just wanted to update that this is still happening to me. This is so frustrating and I can't believe there have been no updates lately to this known issue.
Isxossk - Fugative Spy from SWG (Ahazi)
Former Member of Veterans of Ahazi (VOA)

Kendah
01.26.2013 , 01:33 PM | #804
Quote: Originally Posted by Kendah View Post
Name of server: The Red Eclipse
Name of character(s) affected. (Flashpoint) Any character attempting to leave Black Talon at the end of the mission.
Frequency of crashing: (FlashPoint) Every time when attempt to leaving Black Talon at the end of the mission.

DxDiag
Spoiler

Reliability Report
Spoiler

It is a crash to desktop and not disconnection issue.
I have tried flashpoint "The Esseles" and game crashed as well while jumping to hyperspace...group members waited for me every time to come back but I crashed 4 times and gave up eventually.

The thing is with republic flashpiont I cant finish the mission, i don't get the credit and the mission log stays undone.

Lord_Francois
01.26.2013 , 07:31 PM | #805
1.Name of server.Jedi Covenant

2.Name of character(s) affected. Quadrant

3.Frequency of crashing – how many crashes, how often? Everytime i try to Travel to the Class Quest Aurora (The Mandalorian Killer) the Client Crashes, Everytime.....

4.Any potentially helpful information about crash triggers, what you are doing before a crash, etc.

5.Your DXDiag in spoiler tags

Spoiler

6.Your reliability report in spoiler tags•For Windows 7 / Vista:

Spoiler

7.Please specify that this is indeed a crash to desktop, not a disconnect to server select screen or a logout to character select.

It Crashes me to Desktop everytime ( Crash doesnt occur anywhere else)

ReinVanthree
01.27.2013 , 05:47 PM | #806
I have many random crashes, sometimes when I first get on a character or when I am in a flashpoint, or entering a new area. I can see no visible pattern. Please help me.
Server: The Shadowlands
All characters affected

Spoiler

RichW
01.27.2013 , 07:11 PM | #807
Server: Dalborra
Character: Jogone
Frequency: becoming higher. never used to happen at all. happens about once a week now
what i was doing: esseles HM FP. final converstion with Haken. 2nd time its crashed at this exact spot.
Spoiler

Spoiler

This was a crash to desktop

SirMalcom
01.28.2013 , 06:55 AM | #808
Quote: Originally Posted by SirMalcom View Post
I completed the task as directed and insured that my GTX 470's are updated.

The problem remains.....I'm up for any additional recommendations[/QUOTE
This may not be the solution for all but, I upgraded to win8 on friday and played all weekend with out issue.

Xeea
01.28.2013 , 08:21 AM | #809
Quote: Originally Posted by SirMalcom View Post
This may not be the solution for all but, I upgraded to win8 on friday and played all weekend with out issue.
Then they must be able to come up with a bugfix for this crap. I really hope they does. if it works on Win 8 they must be able to fix it on the other systems.

Cernex
01.28.2013 , 09:39 PM | #810
  1. Name of server. Begeren Colony
  2. Name of character(s) affected. Azurfane
  3. Frequency of crashing – Intermittent, primarily when exiting Black Talon
  4. Crash triggers - When using the Navigation Console to leave the flashpoint
  5. DXDiag
    Spoiler
  6. Reliability report
    Spoiler
  7. Crash to desktop