Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

kinetic/infiltration why kin/balance is better?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
kinetic/infiltration why kin/balance is better?
 

letto's Avatar


letto
01.25.2013 , 03:22 AM | #1
i asked for a build some threads ago but it seems this forum/game/class is dead...i try again and ask why a kinetic/infiltration hibryd wont be good for pvp? and why kin/balance is better?

letto's Avatar


letto
01.25.2013 , 08:32 AM | #2
ye..dead

-Sirus-'s Avatar


-Sirus-
01.25.2013 , 10:02 AM | #3
Not quite dead no. Since none of the usual suspects are giving you a reply, I'll give you my educated guess.

The whole point of the kin/balance build is to pick up force in balance for use while running in combat technique. Picking up force in balance gives a shadow a very high damage aoe that can be used out to 30 m. This greatly improves versatility. Since FiB is only on the 3rd rung of the tree, its very accessible to a hybrid.

There's just not a whole lot exciting in the lower rungs of the Infiltration tree that would enhance someone running in combat technique. If you were going to make an infiltration hybrid, you'd pretty much have to spend the majority of your points in the Infiltration tree and run in shadow technique to be worth while. Once you've invested that much into the Infiltration tree, you might as well just commit to full Infiltration.

-Sirus-'s Avatar


-Sirus-
01.25.2013 , 10:22 AM | #4
You also might get more love out of the shadow sub-forum.

ckoneful's Avatar


ckoneful
01.26.2013 , 02:38 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by -Sirus- View Post
You also might get more love out of the shadow sub-forum.
Yea... people generally jump right to their respective advanced class subforums. This section is largely ignored.
73% Explorer60% Achiever53% Socializer13% Killer
55 Juggernaut 55 Operative 50 Mercenary 45 Sorceror
11 Sentinel 50 Gunslinger 52 Vanguard 55 Shadow
83% of Class Stories completed

tXHereticXt's Avatar


tXHereticXt
01.26.2013 , 02:51 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by -Sirus- View Post
Not quite dead no. Since none of the usual suspects are giving you a reply, I'll give you my educated guess.

The whole point of the kin/balance build is to pick up force in balance for use while running in combat technique. Picking up force in balance gives a shadow a very high damage aoe that can be used out to 30 m. This greatly improves versatility. Since FiB is only on the 3rd rung of the tree, its very accessible to a hybrid.

There's just not a whole lot exciting in the lower rungs of the Infiltration tree that would enhance someone running in combat technique. If you were going to make an infiltration hybrid, you'd pretty much have to spend the majority of your points in the Infiltration tree and run in shadow technique to be worth while. Once you've invested that much into the Infiltration tree, you might as well just commit to full Infiltration.
Don't forget Project with Upheavel can do a bit of damage with their crit/damage boost. Good stuff.

-Sirus-'s Avatar


-Sirus-
01.26.2013 , 11:27 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by tXHereticXt View Post
Don't forget Project with Upheavel can do a bit of damage with their crit/damage boost. Good stuff.
Even full kinetic takes that