Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Companions that you did not want to take.(possible spoilers)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Companions that you did not want to take.(possible spoilers)

DAWUSS
01.25.2013 , 10:11 PM | #71
Has anyone mentioned 2V-R8 and C2-N2?

Shadojack
01.27.2013 , 09:33 PM | #72
Gotta agree with Kaliyo. Who ever thought that putting an anarchist with an I.A. would be a good match needs to have their head examined. I'm supposed to be returning order to the Empire not encouraging chaos. Can't wait to replace her.

Vette is just the wrong campaign or the Sith Warrior. She's to perky. I'm beginning to regret removing the slave collar.

Maybe they'll give us the option of swapping the two.
Travel light, travel fast, and keep moving.

Sarathis
01.27.2013 , 10:31 PM | #73
I never did understand the rampant Kaliyo hate. She amuses the heck out of me. To each his own, I guess.

For me, the worst out of the ones I've gone through so far would be:

Xalek - The most useless, weak excuse of a Companion ever. There is absolutely no point to his character, you get him before the LAST planet in your story, his personal missions are ridiculously shallow and, to add insult to injury, he's a lousy, Light armored tank. Because of this guy Inquisitors don't even get a ranged tank. Horrendous waste.

Broonmark - Almost ties Xalek for dullness. Beyond the missions where you first recruit him he has basically no story and gives no real reason why the Sith Warrior should even accept him as a member of the crew.

Yuun - Once again, an alien character with basically no story to speak of. Initially interesting, he fades into the background after you recruit him and simply becomes Gand Culture Guy. Still, there's a lot more justification for his presence given than there is for Broonie and Bone Face.

Skadge - I haven't even recruited him yet and I'm already prejudiced against him...

Companions they SHOULD have given us instead: Thana Vesh, Sergeant Jaxo, Apprentices Kaal and / or Corinn, Anuli, etc...
Proud Member of Altaholics Anonymous
No new characters made in: 4 days, 1 hours, 12 minutes...

Bird_of_Thunder
01.28.2013 , 12:49 AM | #74
actually, I LOVE Xalek. He just has this Sithy feel to him, and I would switch to have him as my SW companion instead of Pierce. He's a good apprentice, he's loyal, and he's one dang good tank!

i dunno why everyone hates him. the moment he just punched the Twi'lek down in front of Harken made me instantly think, "Wow, this guy is a bad***". He's a great tank, and I often can't decide between him and Khem Val.

However, yet again I can't say I'm a Jaesa fan. I want a real Sith APPRENTICE! we have enough double-blade wielders without Jaesa, and now Nomen Karr's lost padawan ends up on my ship. She's a good DPS, and I respect her for that, but the split personallity thing just makes me feel awkward. On one hand you've got a crazy ***** who is desperate for a *******, but on the other hand is the goody two-shoes Jedi who wants to change the Empire. Something in the middle, please? A companion with a single-bladed lightsaber? Thank you.
Lord Ravvok
Annihilation Marauder
<Ebon Hawk, U.S>

Rincewend
01.28.2013 , 02:59 AM | #75
Quote: Originally Posted by AzraelCales View Post
1. Kaliyo - poisoned and stabbed to death in her sleep.
2. Skadge - fed to the world razer on belsavis.
3. Corso - shoved into a large rakghoul nest on taris.
4. Quinn - thrown into a wampa cave on hoth...naked.

I really loathe all the people in beta who *****ed that they couldn't get their companion back after they killed them. I mean really?!? what did you think was going to happen? what makes it worse is that 2 of them are on the gd bridge of my ship!!! BW please reinstate the ability to kill companions.
^I second this, not like crafting is going anywhere anyways (everything will soon be buy are Cartel Market). Or atleast get the option to replace them with droids after you push them out the airlock near a star.

DarthGile
01.28.2013 , 07:43 AM | #76
Ahh the Sorcerer. I could pretty much go down the list of companions on this one.

Khem Val was the only one that I actually had a real bond with. What can I say, the deshade is just one big teddy bear.

Andronikus: Uhh... he already wore out his welcome by tagging along after his nemesis was dealt with. It was one of those "why are you still here again?" situations. Wasn't surprising when he invited himself aboard my ship.

Ashara: I'm a die-hard light Sith, and even I can understand why others want to throw her into an airlock. She's as oblivious as oblivious can be. Sorry, I'd wish that a future apprentice has a little realistic sensibility.

Talos: Don't get me wrong. Talos is hilariously nerdy, but he was another one who helped me a bit, then invited himself aboard. His presence did not change the outcome of my storyline.

Xalek: C'mon? Really?? Kaleesh are awesome, but Xalek is like Sten from Dragon Age. He's about as short with you as a rebellious teenager. Not only that, but when I played.. he was broken (tank-wise) for MONTHS.

BenKatarn
01.28.2013 , 10:37 AM | #77
Quote: Originally Posted by Sarathis View Post
I never did understand the rampant Kaliyo hate. She amuses the heck out of me. To each his own, I guess.
It's not the character that is the problem, it's the class story she is part of. Kaliyo stands out like a sore thumb as a companion of the Imperial Agent unless you let her "taint" you.

This is essentially the case with all class stories, almost all of the classes have a companion character in them that sticks out a little too much that you might want to swap out for another one. Kaliyo, for instance, I gather would make more sense for a Bounty Hunter (better her than Skadge >_>) than the Agent. She might even fit better with the Sith Warrior.

Likewise, I'd switch out Rusk from the Jedi Knight for Yuun of the Trooper. Makes more sense to me.
- = = The Atrias Legacy = = -
Aryne, Jedi Sentinel | Cayra, Jedi Sage | Kherra, Scoundrel | Khenna, Vanguard
Vertos, Sith Juggernaut | Zedas, Sith Sorcerer | Ysari, Sniper | Neith, Powertech

AhsokaTanorules
01.28.2013 , 02:52 PM | #78
Quote: Originally Posted by BenKatarn View Post
It's not the character that is the problem, it's the class story she is part of. Kaliyo stands out like a sore thumb as a companion of the Imperial Agent unless you let her "taint" you.

This is essentially the case with all class stories, almost all of the classes have a companion character in them that sticks out a little too much that you might want to swap out for another one. Kaliyo, for instance, I gather would make more sense for a Bounty Hunter (better her than Skadge >_>) than the Agent. She might even fit better with the Sith Warrior.

Likewise, I'd switch out Rusk from the Jedi Knight for Yuun of the Trooper. Makes more sense to me.
Which is why I don't understand the Skadge hate for BH. Both Skadge and the Bounty HUnter are pretty much killers and not particularly loyal to either Empire or Republic. I still feel Skadge is the only character that jives with the BH I have. The other companions seem way too soft and not hard enough. The Bounty Hunters that Maul and Savage fought recently for example in Clone Wars all seemed cooler and badder than any of the BH companions except Skadge.

Sarathis
01.28.2013 , 07:30 PM | #79
Kaliyo's a challenge, though. Do you really want people who conform to your character completely? Sounds dull to me.

Kaliyo's a person who is rebelling against everything but deep down has a part of herself that's open to finding someone who's worthy of being loyal to for once. To her the Agent's someone who intrigues her, someone who's wild and powerful enough to attract her but stays loyal to the most offputting government in the galaxy. SHE probably doesn't even know why she stays.

Her entire storyline is about how she's tying up messy loose ends that she's suddenly grown tired of for reasons she doesn't understand until the end. It's not all just random crap and lies. In her own way she's letting the Agent get to know her, testing him / her. She's a person who goes on her instincts and now her instincts and her head are telling her different things. That's why a lot of her Affection Point gains seem contradictory. I think she's one of the better written Companions in the game. There's nothing simple about her, nor should there be.
Proud Member of Altaholics Anonymous
No new characters made in: 4 days, 1 hours, 12 minutes...

darklordpotter
01.29.2013 , 02:52 PM | #80
An interesting insight into the character the main problem is that frankly loyalist agents would kill her
Spoiler
or at least let
Spoiler
have her.

We have killed people for far, far less.