Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Meet the Developers: Rob Hinkle

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Meet the Developers: Rob Hinkle
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Lecto
01.23.2013 , 04:31 PM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by Dawginole View Post
Nerf the other guy!
I would like another hutt-ball map...it is my favorite of all the others...it's just so different.
"The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return". ~ Moulin Rouge
Join "Force Disciples!"
Twitter: @Lecto10

republicrookie
01.23.2013 , 05:35 PM | #52
Quote: Originally Posted by wargonglok View Post
maybe he would never say commadno merc becuase he doesnt play one?

honestly what are you trying to say here, that he should lie about what class he plays to make you feel better? He is saying his favorite class, no politics behind it
even though i'm a republic player I agree with you I would've said the same exact thing
Why do I always feel like the Trooper isn't loved. What's not to like about awesome armor (besides the BH armor) and massive assault cannons?

Phrase
01.23.2013 , 09:57 PM | #53
Mr Hinkle,

With all due respect it's not really my job to collect data and tell you how to balance your game in the same way that it's not my job to tell a restaurant how to cook and serve their food.

On the contrary, I just stop eating there.

Sixgun
The Bastion

Aetideus
01.24.2013 , 04:56 AM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by Phrase View Post
Mr Hinkle,

With all due respect it's not really my job to collect data and tell you how to balance your game in the same way that it's not my job to tell a restaurant how to cook and serve their food.

On the contrary, I just stop eating there.
What is implied there in the interview? That we have the data and BW does not? This is hilarious. The (should) have simulation models to test any class. I really do not imagine that they are not familiar with the fact that smash causes 7k damage to >3 players with EWH gear.

Phrase
01.24.2013 , 06:45 AM | #55
Quote: Originally Posted by Aetideus View Post
What is implied there in the interview? That we have the data and BW does not? This is hilarious. The (should) have simulation models to test any class. I really do not imagine that they are not familiar with the fact that smash causes 7k damage to >3 players with EWH gear.
What is implied in the interview with the statement that customers ought to provide combat logs when discussing their dissatisfaction with class balance is the notion that BW fails to acknowledge any complaint as anything more than the emotional rantings of a sore loser unless they go to extensive efforts to collect and post data that, as you've said, BW already has.

The implication, therefore, is that class balance is fine and the vast majority of players who all agree that classes such as the mercenary/ commando are under performing don't know what we're talking about.

And to return to my restaurant analogy, I may not know how to cook great barbeque, but I sure as hell know what it tastes like. Right now, class balance in SWToR ain't great barbeque.

Sixgun
The Bastion

The_Duck
01.24.2013 , 04:25 PM | #56
Too bad this is strictly a one-way discussion.
So much for Mr. Hinkle responding to additional questions ...
- The Duck

T-Assassin
01.24.2013 , 07:31 PM | #57
Quote: Originally Posted by The_Duck View Post
Too bad this is strictly a one-way discussion.
So much for Mr. Hinkle responding to additional questions ...
one of the many reasons i've unsubbed.

been thru beta, always testing my class and spec, attempting to be helpful and assist this game in its growth...

falls on deaf ears or blind eyes...or they DGAF.
"Ib'tuur jatne tuur ash'ad kyr'amur."
"Today is a good day for someone else to die." -

Keyran-Halcyon
01.25.2013 , 01:54 PM | #58
I think the lack of communication from Bioware, especially when answering people's questions just goes to show how frustrating this game is and why SWTOR has gone from literally 50+ servers down to only a handful. People won't keep playing a game when they feel the concerns they bring up are being ignored. Granted I understand that plenty of posts are just emotional outbursts by upset players. However I have seen plenty of constructive/insightful posts that go ignored by the BW staff.

This thread was created a week ago and honestly doesn't have that many posts, and several legitimate questions/posts and no BW staff has taken even 30min to answer even one.
Rogue Heals
<Art Supplies>
Captain Hng Slo & Master Teh-Hauss

danpen
01.26.2013 , 04:34 PM | #59
Quote: Originally Posted by Keyran-Halcyon View Post
I think the lack of communication from Bioware, especially when answering people's questions just goes to show how frustrating this game is and why SWTOR has gone from literally 50+ servers down to only a handful. People won't keep playing a game when they feel the concerns they bring up are being ignored. Granted I understand that plenty of posts are just emotional outbursts by upset players. However I have seen plenty of constructive/insightful posts that go ignored by the BW staff.

This thread was created a week ago and honestly doesn't have that many posts, and several legitimate questions/posts and no BW staff has taken even 30min to answer even one.
They will need to get back to us i think. Or a lot of people will not play the game then.
I am looking for people who need more help in the forums and i will be there to help you make it better ok.

LuciferinDNA
01.26.2013 , 09:01 PM | #60
Quote: Originally Posted by Dawginole View Post
Nerf the other guy!
There is no other guy : ( our Rob made a boring themepark mmo, where everyone has all classes and everyone has to get the same gear for end game. Incredible linear, incredible boring : (
Tythonian lvl55 Sage Chlorianhost lvl50 Sage Realpill lvl55 Scoundrel Biologin lvl55 Commando DNA lvl55 Shadow Tardigrade lvl47 Vanguard
Tomb of Freedon Nadd ORBIT Legacy