Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

"Rakata" stim is becoming equal to "Energized" stim

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
"Rakata" stim is becoming equal to "Energized" stim

SalvorHardin
02.02.2012 , 08:57 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Mirialol View Post
What the F*CK bioware? why the fck are u nerfing biochem if you arent nerfing all other professions?
Because of people going "ZOMG!!!! Biochem is the only good crafting crew skill !!!!!1!!1"
Arkadya <Ashes of the Order> - Jedi Shadow - Red Eclipse
Salvor <SY DE> - Hybrid Slinger - The Progenitor
Aldahir <SY DE> - Combat Sentinel - The Progenitor
Feex <SY DE> - Combat Medic Commando - The Progenitor

Deathmvp
02.02.2012 , 09:01 AM | #42
Personly I feel the issue is that Bio is better then all the other crafting's at the moment. Instead of raising how good the other ones are they are nurfing the Bio back down to equal the other craftings Ie almost useless money sinks.
I spell Goodly.

The Imperial Order on Shadow Hand
http://tiosh.enjin.com/

Apries
01.22.2013 , 05:06 PM | #43
Bump... This is ridiculous. The gap between biochem and the other crew skills is ridiculous. Many people are making millions a day just by doing gathering professions, let alone anyone for instance making armorings that are selling for 1m+ constantly... Rather ridiculous to me, biochem was already nerfed with the medpacs before, now this, in addition to not being able to make much money? Yeah people need to buy stims, but not as many as others seem to think. The market is flooded relative to the raiders who actually care enough to buy them.

This is especially true considering only so many of the raiding group would even want them considering many raids in the game are absolutely passable without these stims and medpacs... I have a stack of the good medpacs that I cant sell to save my life. For less than they cost to make.

Fallenenjeru
01.22.2013 , 05:09 PM | #44
Holy necro batman!
The Red Eclipse
Álexi - Medicine Operative/Alixandria - Lightning Sorceror/Séléné - Immortal Juggernaut/Claytonx - Sawbones Scoundrel

CarthSeverus
01.23.2013 , 03:00 PM | #45
First of all,if you got Bio with the intent of making million,then its your fault,not BW. Bio isn't gonna make you a mega millionairre,but what Bio will do is save you millions over the long run on your toons.Also,you can make a nice profit with the mats you gather on worlds as they are in demand and always be as long as people raid and think like you. IMHO if you are complaining at all about making creds in this game,it isn't because BW has nerfed a crafting skill,it's because you haven't a clue about making creds or just one of them ppl who think 100 mil just isnt enough. Good luck in the game.
The Harbinger Server The OblivionKnights Legacy [] Mesho'noobo/Sith Sorc lvl 50 Carth-Severus/Imperial Op 50 Quibbies/Sith Mara50 Ashclown/Ptech lvl 50 Augumis/Jedi Shadow lvl 50 Jev'iva/Jedi Guardian lvl 50

Talon_Starfire
01.23.2013 , 03:17 PM | #46
I'm no expert but I think the reason they are nerfing Biochem and not buffing all the others is less work to nerf one then buff many.
May the Gray Jedi Order Prevail Server: Prophecy of the Five
Looking for Sith guild.
Jhornak - Sith Assassin Zarchon - Jedi Shadow Cadezann - Smuggler Vistani -Trooper

Iram
01.25.2013 , 05:19 AM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by Mirialol View Post
if this nerf is going through, i also want all other rakata crafted armors from other professions to be downgraded to 126

it is only fair
All of the other Rakata craftables drop in raids, and better gear can be had by grinding a 4-man instances for BH comms.

If Rakata stims start dropping in EV HM or KP HM, I'd be a really happy armormech.

Gyronamics
01.25.2013 , 05:38 AM | #48
Proof that the dead can rise again to walk in the land of the living without being noticed.
Hotwired @ Not Good Enough @ ToFN

Syanis
01.25.2013 , 08:57 AM | #49
I have every craft maxed on a raid toon. However the most powerful by far is Biochem. Now consider...

Armormech makes rakata bracer/belt. Gotten from plenty of ops fairly easy and easily replaced just doing dailies for BH comms.

Synthweaving same as Armormech. Easily replaced and outdone for rakata bracer/belt.

Artifice makes *rakata* relics which are of the poorer quality types. Easily replaced as well along with many would rather use a columni proc and a matrix cube anyways.

Cybertech makes re-usable grenades, can only use 1 per cooldown even if made them all. The use of them is fairly useless as far as it goes.

Armstech makes gun type weapons of lower quality that are lessor then tionese. Utter crap.

Biochem makes resuable medpacs and reusable stims of solid quality. Save a fortune on having to buy medpacs on GTN or craft replacements and same for stims.

The ONLY one that is actually useful endgame is Biochem. Everything else is pretty much worthless as it goes for their *rakata* quality speciality..

Far as making money only 1 craft endgame makes something wanted and needed without having some RE'd top quality item. That is Biochem. You sell medpacs, you sell stims, people are always buying. However its not the crafts problem so many choose it and craft to compete on market prices. Its because Biochem is so very useful above any others. Hence why it actually needs a nerf.

Syanis
01.25.2013 , 09:01 AM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by Apries View Post
, let alone anyone for instance making armorings that are selling for 1m+ constantly...
This is just nonsense. For instance on my server the end product crafted has maybe a 5% profit margin over what you could sell the mats for. The only real profit is when your lucky enough to get a crit crafting and 2 for 1. You talk like the 1-2 mill per is making them rich. Yet those stabilizers and such are the real cost of why its expensive. The crafter isn't making a huge profit selling those. The profit is in the craft "fee" for those with the materials and thats only big because few on many servers can make them.