Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Problem with slave suit.


CWBuff's Avatar


CWBuff
01.24.2013 , 03:51 PM | #221
Male character in a slave girl outfit?

YGBSM


Fade to Black...
"I cannot agree with those who rank modesty among the virtues. To the logician all things should be seen exactly as they are, and to underestimate one's self is as much a departure from truth as to exaggerate one's own powers." - Sherlock Holmes

Lostpenguins's Avatar


Lostpenguins
01.24.2013 , 04:20 PM | #222
Quote: Originally Posted by Hyfy View Post
You still miss the point. I am allowed to voice my opinion as to how I feel it should be handled as are people who hold the opposing view point. What I am not allowed to do though is to lobby to have your opinion squelched because it opposes mine. Or directly attempt to squelch it for that matter. I however, and those who are of the same opinion are often told not only that our opinion is wrong but then ha e our opinion actively sought to be hushed. Even if speaking to them in a calm and rational manner I have had my opinions called "hate speech" and told "I am reporting your post for hate speech" because I said I disagree with your opinion. That is the difference here, and the point that you are glossing over. Whether I agree with your opinion of not I believe in your right to espouse your opinion, people of the same mindset as me however are not afforded that same customary practice. As I had posted in another similar thread, I find it funny that a group that has fought legitimate suppression and persecution would use the same tactics that they fought so hard to get passed on other people.
And you're missing an enormous part of what you're saying in your own words. It doesn't matter how nice you're speaking to someone if you're telling them they're wrong or bad. It doesn't matter what a knife looks like. It could be encrusted with diamonds and jewels, but it still cuts just as easily. So, yes, telling a demographic that they are wrong or bad for being who they are is still hate speech, no matter how nicely you word it.

You can argue however you like if you're views are accepted or not. It's not that you have differing views on how to live your life, it's that your views want to dictate others how to live their life.

Lostpenguins's Avatar


Lostpenguins
01.24.2013 , 04:22 PM | #223
Quote: Originally Posted by Hyfy View Post
Free birth control and abortions are NOT a right.
Wow... can you get anymore into an obvious statement that isn't even touching the subject of the original post on such a flame-worth post that'll probably get deleted once BW reviews it?

Aelther's Avatar


Aelther
01.24.2013 , 05:46 PM | #224
Quote: Originally Posted by lebari View Post
The violence aspect of this game should offend people on a much deeper level than anything brought on by a costume.
Yes the LACK of violence offends me very deeply. I should be able to chop off limbs like in the movies, but sadly all I got was glowing baseball bat, instead of a lightsaber.

Another thing is you knew you were gonna get violence when you started the game, that's why it's called star WARS and not star FRIENDSHIP.
However star WARS does not associate with males wearing slave GIRL bikinis in my opinion for some reason... So the idea offends me.

Tarn_Sirun's Avatar


Tarn_Sirun
01.24.2013 , 06:01 PM | #225
Quote: Originally Posted by Ailie View Post
That's a very narrow minded view, and dare I say old fashioned. Times are changing, women aren't in the kitchen anymore and our lovely gay friends aren't hiding in the closet.

Ultimately there is no reason why there can't be a slave guy outfit, it's as simple as that. Given the amount of slave girl and skimpy female outfits there are around I hardly think just one top (that doesn't even allow you to unify the rest of your outfit mind) is very balanced.

The Slave Strikes Back!
Honestly, they need to make a slave collar for a head piece, anything else someone wears is irrelevant. they have chest pieces for males that appear invisible, i suppose they could make some seductive leggings for men, but the slave collar is what seals the deal for a slave RP, IMHO

Ailie's Avatar


Ailie
01.24.2013 , 06:42 PM | #226
Quote: Originally Posted by Tarn_Sirun View Post
Honestly, they need to make a slave collar for a head piece, anything else someone wears is irrelevant. they have chest pieces for males that appear invisible, i suppose they could make some seductive leggings for men, but the slave collar is what seals the deal for a slave RP, IMHO
Just a loincloth would suffice, it'd be the easiest piece of clothing the designers can make. Or just adapt the current dancer bottoms to the male body type

And don't worry Hyfy, I'm still no asking for the bikini top so it's not cross dressing. I'll even let them take the 'female-only' tag off the pieces so it's all legit
The Azure Wings of Dawn - Against All Odds
azurewingsofdawn.enjin.com

Pscyon's Avatar


Pscyon
01.24.2013 , 06:49 PM | #227
Quote: Originally Posted by Tarn_Sirun View Post
Honestly, they need to make a slave collar for a head piece, anything else someone wears is irrelevant. they have chest pieces for males that appear invisible, i suppose they could make some seductive leggings for men, but the slave collar is what seals the deal for a slave RP, IMHO
You mean like the slave collar in the Social outfit on Belsavis?
Sith Sorcerer

Hyfy's Avatar


Hyfy
01.24.2013 , 06:56 PM | #228
Quote: Originally Posted by Lostpenguins View Post
And you're missing an enormous part of what you're saying in your own words. It doesn't matter how nice you're speaking to someone if you're telling them they're wrong or bad. It doesn't matter what a knife looks like. It could be encrusted with diamonds and jewels, but it still cuts just as easily. So, yes, telling a demographic that they are wrong or bad for being who they are is still hate speech, no matter how nicely you word it.

You can argue however you like if you're views are accepted or not. It's not that you have differing views on how to live your life, it's that your views want to dictate others how to live their life.
And you STILL haven't listened to what I have said. Just by saying, I DISAGREE WITH YOU, has been cause to have my speech squelched by certain "groups" and others that align with them on these forums. I'm sorry I thought I was in America where you are actually allowed to have dissenting views, and yes that EVEN includes my ability to say I think someone is wrong for what they are doing. My freedom of speech is not hinged upon whether or not someone finds it offensive or whether or not it hurts your feelings. Does that mean I am going to go out and act like a damned fool? No it doesn't. But free speech does not fall prey to censure based on feelings and emotion. If that was the case, don't you think by now some court local or federal would have put the kibash on those idiots from Westboro Baptist Church (I have even associating them with baptists but its part of their official name)? As vile and reprehensible as those people are they have not been stopped from protesting because until they actually break the law they really can't be.

Now for today's lesson I would like for you to write or type,double spaced, as to what protects there right and why it is protected and have it turned in by tomorrow at noon.

Sorry, but even telling you or others like you that I think you are engaging in bad behavior because [enter reason here] is not hate speech. Hate speech is hearing chants of "I hope you die because [enter reason here]" or "I hope you and your friends and people like you go to hell because [enter reason here]". Saying I disagree with you and even adding because I think you are doing a bad thing or acting wrongly is not hate speech. And if you still think it is then I would say you need to stop letting emotion be your only guiding principle.
US. ARMY Military Police Corps

Sarcasm, a bodies natural defense against stupid

Hyfy's Avatar


Hyfy
01.24.2013 , 06:58 PM | #229
Quote: Originally Posted by Pscyon View Post
You mean like the slave collar in the Social outfit on Belsavis?
No in this case I think he would be referring to an actual collar, leather with steel ring or rings that you can attach a leash too.
US. ARMY Military Police Corps

Sarcasm, a bodies natural defense against stupid

Hyfy's Avatar


Hyfy
01.24.2013 , 07:02 PM | #230
Quote: Originally Posted by Ailie View Post
Just a loincloth would suffice, it'd be the easiest piece of clothing the designers can make. Or just adapt the current dancer bottoms to the male body type

And don't worry Hyfy, I'm still no asking for the bikini top so it's not cross dressing. I'll even let them take the 'female-only' tag off the pieces so it's all legit
A loin cloth deal I have no problem with. Hell you could even ask for something similar to the boss on Hoth (the sons of Palawa or whatever their name was) with his loin cloth. My issue comes in with the asking for males to be able to wear the same slave outfit that is in game now. Which I am well aware that you were not asking for BUT was what the OP was asking for.
US. ARMY Military Police Corps

Sarcasm, a bodies natural defense against stupid