Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I do not agree with the inclusion of SGRs.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
I do not agree with the inclusion of SGRs.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

TheBBP
01.24.2013 , 11:13 AM | #601
Quote: Originally Posted by JPryde View Post
Just because someone doesn't agree with a single aspect of the game or the future of this game, does not mean, that this aspect should not be expanded anyway.

SGRs is a hot topic since release or even before and Bioware is well known for including SGRs in their games... so I honestly do not understand the fuss about this.

Also I see it as extremely hypocritic to claim SGRs being a danger to youth, while violence and bloodshed and slavery (as all proposed as beneficial behaviour in the empire) are not at all a danger to the youth.
You are running with an off-topic argument that has nothing to do with the nature of this thread.
REPUBLIC TROOPERS
Crosswire - Heavy GunnerElíta-one - Combat Medic
Canonball - Pointman

Ebon Hawk

Revanchis
01.24.2013 , 11:30 AM | #602
Quote: Originally Posted by TheBBP View Post
Just wondering what your post has to do with this thread.
It's a metaphor.

Bomyne
01.24.2013 , 12:26 PM | #603
Quote: Originally Posted by Anzel View Post
And I don't appreciate that everyone keeps referring to this "content" as "romance". It's not "romance". It's sex. Plain and simple.
It's neither. It's just flirting.
"Sometimes, The obvious choice is the wrong choice."

Bomyne
01.24.2013 , 12:27 PM | #604
Quote: Originally Posted by xorcist View Post
I also find that the ones calling the shots must be reminded of that. Many other more important features and functions far exceed than the need for SGR. Certainly not as much as Guild functions, or other stuff that everyone can participate in. It's simple logic. The extra resources should've went to more pressing matters.
What extra resources? It takes the same amount of resources to include a 'normal' line of dialogue as it does to record a 'flirt'.

It's important to remember, and a yellow has clarified this, that these are SGRs. Not SGRAs. There is no continuing romance with any character. It's one line of flirting every now and then. Same as any planet.

MaximusRex
01.24.2013 , 12:35 PM | #605
Quote: Originally Posted by Kahotep View Post
Regarding whether or not a toggle option is discriminatory;

Yes and no. It's depends entirely on what it would do.

There are times when your character flirts with an npc and there are times when an npc flirts with your character. If you can toggle off the dialogue options which have your character flirting with an npc, then I think that is fine. It amounts to being able to choose the sexual orientation of your character.

However, if a toggle stops npc's flirting with you, then it IS discriminatory because it amounts to a "I don't want gays in my game" option.
The choices aren't meant to be things you would do, they are things to be done. It would be like having a Light side/Dark Side toggle, then then game just makes the choices for you.

This whole conversation is probably moot anyhow, I understand they already have Makeb in internal playtesting, this means the story is done, voiced, and implemented, including SG Flirts. Since there is no current tech in the game that allows you to hide certain conversation bits, its unlikely that they are going to at this point in the cycle develop that new tech, its just not likely to be worth the time and resource investment for such minimal impact.

Caelrie
01.24.2013 , 02:30 PM | #606
Quote: Originally Posted by TheBBP View Post
Nothing in this game benefits everybody. The difference is that the vast majority of the player base is in a guild and would benefit from guild functionality. Whereas, only a small minority portion of the player base will benefit from SGRs.
Bioware disagrees with the part I bolded and underlined.

Izorii
01.24.2013 , 05:43 PM | #607
Quote: Originally Posted by Caelrie View Post
Bioware disagrees with the part I bolded and underlined.
I am not sure they do. Seems to me that if they really wanted SGR's they would have had it in at launch and the options would have been all through the game and I suspect suddently every person you meet would be bisexual so everyone can romance them like Dragon age. However they are currently putting in SGR on a single planet which seems to have upset the people against SGR as its going in and people for SGR because they see it as too little too late. Personally I dont care about SGR I wont follow that story ark and the only thing that is kinda good about SGR is it seems BW listen to the players some of the time and adds what they want.

Tarn_Sirun
01.24.2013 , 06:03 PM | #608
Quote: Originally Posted by Kariella View Post
hopefully this statement will be neutral enough so as not to lock the thread... but here we go

I think people need to keep in mind that a SGR is not necessarily homosexual... for example

if in RL you are a male and your game character is female then it might be akward if your game romance partner is male
and the reverse
If in RL you are a female and your game character is male then it might be akward if your game romance partner is female

take into consideration that there is content tied to romance all the SGR really does is let you experience all the game content
all the more reason to play a male if you are male and a female if you are female.

Bomyne
01.24.2013 , 07:24 PM | #609
Quote: Originally Posted by Izorii View Post
I am not sure they do. Seems to me that if they really wanted SGR's they would have had it in at launch and the options would have been all through the game and I suspect suddently every person you meet would be bisexual so everyone can romance them like Dragon age. However they are currently putting in SGR on a single planet which seems to have upset the people against SGR as its going in and people for SGR because they see it as too little too late. Personally I dont care about SGR I wont follow that story ark and the only thing that is kinda good about SGR is it seems BW listen to the players some of the time and adds what they want.
I think just about any character can have a SGR flirt but that character may become hostile if they are a straight character, just as in the real world.

Also, you can't romance just anyone in Dragon Age.

Altyrell
01.24.2013 , 07:29 PM | #610
Quote: Originally Posted by Izorii View Post
SGR's and other things that were supposed to be in at Launch weren't due to Time and other Constraints. BioWare ACTUALLY did want it to be IN the Game at Launch.