Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Pre-order Rise of the Hutt Cartel to receive exclusive new in-game items!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Pre-order Rise of the Hutt Cartel to receive exclusive new in-game items!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

CourtneyWoods
01.23.2013 , 11:48 AM | #1 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Today BioWare and LucasArts are excited to announce that all players who pre-order Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ - Rise of the Hutt Cartel will receive an exclusive title and two new in-game items* once the Digital Expansion launches.

Read More
Courtney Woods | Lead Community Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

BenKatarn
01.23.2013 , 11:57 AM | #2
This stuff is even worse than what we got for buying the Collector's Edition...
- = = The Atrias Legacy = = -
Aryne, Jedi Sentinel | Cayra, Jedi Sage | Kherra, Scoundrel | Khenna, Vanguard
Vertos, Sith Juggernaut | Zedas, Sith Sorcerer | Ysari, Sniper | Neith, Powertech

Orlesian
01.23.2013 , 12:04 PM | #3
Cool, I like the pet very much
❤ Please make Talos Drellik a romance option for female Inquisitors ❤
Red Eclipse

Rankyn
01.23.2013 , 12:12 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by BenKatarn View Post
This stuff is even worse than what we got for buying the Collector's Edition...
I disagree.
While it's true that a lot of the CE stuff was "less than spectacular," a free vehicle for every character you ever make is great.
That will be equally true of the Portable Trainer.

...assuming this applies to the account like the CE bonuses do.

Samurai_Dom
01.23.2013 , 12:14 PM | #5
The pet looks awesome!

Was not expecting anything else but the 5 days, so this is nice. Thank you BW!
R E I G N
Sith Empire
PvE ♦ PvP ♦ RP-lite

United_Strafes
01.23.2013 , 12:22 PM | #6
Are they gonna be exclusive like you say, or exclusive for a month before we sell it to you?

darklordpotter
01.23.2013 , 12:30 PM | #7
And I thought the DDE edition was bad....A pet that will hit the CM in 20 different reskins, a title that announces "I'm a total mug" and a holostatue that saves you burning quick travel for the low, low price of slapping a huge holographic Hutt over the middle of your screen.

I think between this and the trailer you really need to revisit how you are trying to sell this product. Where are the shots of the new abilities and new systems we were promised? An NPC dialogue? anything other than a voice over of yet another bland urbanised planet and a few seconds of combat.

Jeweledleah
01.23.2013 , 12:34 PM | #8
free gifts. free useful gift and a cute pet.

how is that a bad thing? why are we complaining about it?

and personally i don't care if they sell it afterwards. I honestly don't. let other people buy it if they want, I'm getting it for doing something I was already planning on anyways, and not paying extra for it.

and i LIKE being able to train in a field. the only reason I don't have Satelle/Malgus statues is because they are expensive.

that hutt? is a free bonus.

I don't understand some people. I don't know if I want to.

Tiibbyy
01.23.2013 , 12:36 PM | #9
I'm not sure I get "Pre-Orders". Consequently I usually don't do them, regardless of special digital trinkets thrown in or not. In this day and age where most games are starting to go to digital download, it's not like the game store down the street is going to be running out of copies. In fact - some game stores are not even stocking games now-a-days because of Digital Download. Which kind of kills themselves off .... but that's a whole different discussions. But it's not like ... "OMG! I have to Pre-Order something cause they are going to run out of copies!"

But, if one really wants to do that pre-order stuff and get those things that is perfectly fine. You get some nifty things for your characters ingame to show off. It's not going to hurt anything really.

I'm just saying, the whole "Pre-Ordering" concept is kind of silly. It dated back to really old times when games did come out in cardboard boxes and disks and sometimes a game was so popular the store did run out of copies. But in this day and age, it is not really necessary, it is just marketing. Oh and before the BW and EA haters jump on it and say "OMG they are so piggy" Blizzard does the exact same thing.
Who is this doin' this synthetic type of alpha, beta, psychedelic funky?

Darka
01.23.2013 , 12:37 PM | #10
Free gifts was not my deciding factor for purchase.

But i understand some especially after the incident over the CE Vendor