Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

Jadescythe
01.17.2013 , 04:14 PM | #2091
Quote: Originally Posted by LarryRow View Post
I am relatively certain that the game currently does its best to match premades against each other, if that counts as matchmaking. Do you not think that is the case?
Not that I've noticed. I do think that some of the issue lies in faction imbalance. I see far more imp premades than pub premades on PoT5. If the game is biased towards making imp v pub games, then matching premades is infinitely more difficult if one side has fewer groups queued.
The Original Aether Legacy
Erza-Jugg / Saberscythe-Mara / Atropo-Sorc
Patharos-Guardian / Kadinne-Vanguard / Aquilo-Sage
Prophecy of the Five

Polebreaker
01.17.2013 , 05:59 PM | #2092
Quote: Originally Posted by moouuno View Post
4ppl paremade is so stupid
dont even Valor balance
90valor team vs recruit?????
To be honest, I was counting syllables to see if it was haiku... 8)

DarthSabreth
01.23.2013 , 01:00 AM | #2093
Quote: Originally Posted by UncelSam View Post
The current situation is just painful when it comes to PvP:ing as LvL 50+. I recently rolled a new char and BING - the Pvp was fun and challeing again as low Lvl Pvp! Real long and hard battles again, lovly!

When i came back to my main I noticed how big the differance was! Jeez, been playing off and on for 2 weeks (as PUG player Lvl 50+) now and still havent finished the 9 successfull PvP WZs. When you face premade teams with fully balanced groups of healers and tanks protecting the healers theres just ZERO chance of winning as PUG team.

I just ask myself - Whats the point of this unbalance, Biware? Where is the fun for either part in these WZs? The Premades has far too easy mode and the PUGs has impossible mode.

Where is the FUN?
I agree with you, lowbie pvp was awesome, the premades are out of control and they really should be in their own que pitted against other premades.
"I have brought peace, freedom, justice, and security to my new Empire!" Rip .

ArchangelLBC
01.23.2013 , 01:15 AM | #2094
Lowbie PVP isn't more fun because of lack of premades. Lowbie PVP is more fun because most sorcs don't have a full bubble spec yet, and there aren't as many power/surge stacked smashers. Makes things a lot more interesting.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

Coldin
01.24.2013 , 12:28 AM | #2095
Just did my 4 daily warzones. Every single one, was a full PUG up against at least one 3-man guild team or more. Usually the other side having multiple people with 18k health, and my side having people either with just 16k or less health, or absolutely no expertise. They were all just not fun.

I really enjoy SWTOR PVP. When it's evenly matched teams. But when it's not evenly matched, and you leap into battle only to get chained stunned and kill in 5 seconds. It's not fun one bit.

Bioware needs to get on the ball, and introduce better match-making. Actually matching skill vs skill, and premades vs premades.

mulzii
01.24.2013 , 11:56 AM | #2096
i wish they'd make one WZ where everyone comes in wearing the same uniform, and no name tags. Just red and green tags. and the algorithm for this wz forces you to queue solo... just one wz where an outside communition like vent isnt an overwhelming advantage..

cashogy_reborn
01.24.2013 , 12:07 PM | #2097
Quote: Originally Posted by mulzii View Post
i wish they'd make one WZ where everyone comes in wearing the same uniform, and no name tags. Just red and green tags. and the algorithm for this wz forces you to queue solo... just one wz where an outside communition like vent isnt an overwhelming advantage..
vent is not really that great of an advantage in non-ranked WZs. when i do queue with friends/guildies in regular warzones there is a 98% chance im not in vent. and it doesnt hinder my perfomance at all.
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

Coldin
01.24.2013 , 02:10 PM | #2098
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
vent is not really that great of an advantage in non-ranked WZs. when i do queue with friends/guildies in regular warzones there is a 98% chance im not in vent. and it doesnt hinder my perfomance at all.
It's a bigger advantage than you're giving it credit for. Good communication in general is key. And typing can replace voice chat. But with Vent, you can keep attacking while also calling out to the group.

Though most PUGs seem to be lacking ANY communication. It's frustrating when I'm the only one calling out in ops chat.

cashogy_reborn
01.24.2013 , 02:40 PM | #2099
Quote: Originally Posted by Coldin View Post
It's a bigger advantage than you're giving it credit for. Good communication in general is key. And typing can replace voice chat. But with Vent, you can keep attacking while also calling out to the group.

Though most PUGs seem to be lacking ANY communication. It's frustrating when I'm the only one calling out in ops chat.
in RWZ good communication is everything. in regular warzones, when at best you have half the team working together, it means significantly less. i am hardly in vent/ts when i queue with people. it doesnt stop me from being able to predict what theyre gonna do cuz i have grown familiar with playing with them. pulling off ridiculous things without communication is always fun

as far as call outs go, you can alter a config file to be able to zoom waaaaaaaaay out. that way you can see incomings long before hand, unless their stealth. in which case being able to type fast comes in handy

also, anyone who has a keyboard/mouse with macro capability, maybe think about creating a macro that says "incoming eas/west/mid". that way you only have to hit one button to get out your important message.

but like you said, it doesnt matter how early or often you call out in chat. if your group members dont listen it doesnt matter. altho who is to say that if this game offered an in-game voip system that those same people would ignore that as well? you can lead a horse to water, but you cant make it drink

btw, bioware failing to include ingame voip is a party foul imo. even swg had in-game voip, altho it was really sucky.
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

iPvP
01.24.2013 , 04:44 PM | #2100
so the whinners on this thread basically want people to NOT play with thier friends in a star wars large scale MMO

and fyi we arent in mumble/vent to "pwn the noobs with our sick stratz" , we do it to talk and have fun ,
and a premade of 2 is still a premade group, so most of you know its more fun to play with people
P h y t z - C a r r i e s
@ Pot5
I Am Legend