Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Shadow PvP video. Infiltration/Upheaval

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Shadow PvP video. Infiltration/Upheaval

RankorSSGS
01.18.2013 , 01:46 PM | #31
I think that low slash was developed more for pve purposes, as npcs can turn as fast as you can run, so you would never get the maul off without some form of cc. In pvp though, it is plenty easy to get behind people without it, which means that I can save low slash for when I do actually need an extra stun, to let my teammate get the bomb planted or w/e. Low slash is not part of any of my regular rotations, it's a situational ability.

And yes, node guarding sucks. I've been guilty of being "that guy" who left the node empty, simply because after a while, the desire to actually play the game I'm paying to play overrides the desire to win a match. Also the reason why I do not usually participate in ranked warzones on that class. I'm not paying $15 a month to sit afk node guarding, I'm paying $15 a month to play the game.

Prabhunath
01.18.2013 , 02:45 PM | #32
Well, I won't say that assassins are overpowered (the builds that allow extreme damage is also pretty fragile). The class is strong 1 v 1, it was practically built with that in mind (BW themselves admitted that the hard-hitting builds were designed to be lone-wolf), so of course you're going to see videos of assassins dueling others.

But apart from having fun 1 v 1 outside of warzones, this is what assassins always end up doing in any ranked matches.

Yes, I know the guy in the video is a Guardian, I couldn't find a video more worthy, nor one with an assassin in it. For the most part, this is about the only reason Assassins are brought into ranked matches.
+ Sorc running out of Force while fighting Marauders? Bioware says L2HYTF...wonderful +
A day may come, when our courage fails, when we forsake our class, and break all bonds from it; when we fall to our knees and cower in fear, and we look up to you and see death as inevitable. But today is not that day. Today, we fight!

Prabhunath
01.18.2013 , 03:13 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by NoTomorrow View Post
yes, low slash. Why 15s CD? Is Deception unplayable without it?
Well, Deception can be played without using low slash, but it allows for Maul to be used more easily, especially on pesky kiters. I also often use it to bait people into using their CC breakers early in the fight.

Low Slash + Crushing Darkness

If they break CC to interrupt me, gamble paid off and I will have greater control over them in the fight. If they don't then they at least now have a decent-damaging DoT ticking on them.
+ Sorc running out of Force while fighting Marauders? Bioware says L2HYTF...wonderful +
A day may come, when our courage fails, when we forsake our class, and break all bonds from it; when we fall to our knees and cower in fear, and we look up to you and see death as inevitable. But today is not that day. Today, we fight!

Invictusthetaru
01.18.2013 , 03:16 PM | #34
Low slash is amazing in PVP. I use it all the time.

Best for interrupting master strike / ravage, tank sins lightning, etc.
Ladle- 65 Sentinel
Ladled- 65 Commando
Spinalcheck- 65 Scoundrel
Tongs-65 Gunslinger

Devilk
01.18.2013 , 07:41 PM | #35
Not reading the thread, I saw you use deflection(or the shadow equivalent) against a sorcerer several times, never do that. It does nothing against them and you wasted a cooldown.

Ompapamowmow
01.22.2013 , 11:11 AM | #36
Wow. I didn't know there was so much hate for shadows

RankorSSGS
01.22.2013 , 01:16 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Ompapamowmow View Post
If you come to these forums at all, you know that kids will complain about any and everything until they are just handed free wins. 95% of it is BS.

cycao
01.22.2013 , 02:00 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by Ompapamowmow View Post
Yeah, its simply amazing that even with a few nerfs to darkness and the hybrids they call anything with tank stance op and now with a small buff that was severely needed for deception its now starting to be called op...I play mostly in the madness tree so I am safe for now.

TonyDragonflame
01.22.2013 , 03:15 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
.I play mostly in the madness tree so I am safe for now.
Nobody is not safe since they nerf -6% damage guardian tanks and self-healing anni maras. Nobody dont know what they do next after these absurd nerfs.

tekhiun
01.22.2013 , 05:16 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by TonyDragonflame View Post
Wow... another one shadow/sin video

Last 5-7 players video here were from shadows/sins. Good demonstration OPness of class, hope BW see video and care about this class in 1.7
1.7 ? good luck with that, you be prepared to wait til the new expansion comes out
Star Wars: Attack of the Cartel.