Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hint book

Talon_Starfire
01.22.2013 , 05:49 AM | #1
Hi,
What is the best hint book I can get an am I able to buy it in a book store?
Thanks
May the Gray Jedi Order Prevail Server: Prophecy of the Five
Looking for Sith guild.
Jhornak - Sith Assassin Zarchon - Jedi Shadow Cadezann - Smuggler Vistani -Trooper

Toweleeeie
01.22.2013 , 06:55 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Talon_Starfire View Post
Hi,
What is the best hint book I can get an am I able to buy it in a book store?
Thanks
IGN has a good guide.
I like turtles

Rafaman
01.22.2013 , 10:08 AM | #3
Well... no. Not much you can find in a book store. An MMO is constantly changing. And so publishers don't usually publish anything as a hard copy because after a few months it will be filled with inaccuracies due to changes. This is most significantly impactful when it comes to class as classes are tweaked and changed for the sake of balance more than they should.

There are many guides online to choose from however. Some are more updated than others and some provide better info with regard to classes and missions than others. And some are free and some are not. I won't recommend any paid sites as I think the info there is readily available elsewhere on the internet. A little google goes a long way. In general, I recommend sites like MMO Mechanics. I find there class compendiums very useful although a lilttle dated. For individual flaspoints and or Ops a google search does the trick and there are plenty of Youtube vids out there as walkthroughs for just about everything you do in the game including datacrons.

I prefer to experience the stories with little or no hints at all so, I don't need walkthroughs in that regard.

Good luck. Maybe others will have more info on a guide you pay for should you need something with a bit of structure.

Rankyn
01.22.2013 , 10:35 AM | #4
In my early days of playing MMO's, I would buy the game guides but after the first 2 or 3, I began to realize that the information in them was out of date almost as soon as they were published.

You'd be much better served using some of the various online guides because their information will be much more reliable.

There are a few really great sites that I keep bookmarked for specific things like companions and crafting but in general when there's something specific I want to find out, I can just Google it and find what I need within the first 3 or 4 search results.

Infinitely cheaper and usually up to date.

Aries_cz
01.22.2013 , 10:47 AM | #5
If you look for game guides, hardcopy book is meaningless, as it is outdated the day it gets published.
I suggest guides here on forums in class section, or guides from Noxxic.com

If you look for lore background, history and such, I suggest the SWTOR Encyclopedia (search Amazon or maybe other booksellers for it)
Supreme Commander of all riots yet to come
Without the darkness, how would we recognize the light?
Aries, admin of Czech/Slovak fansite SW-TOR.cz
Check out my story videos or support me by clicking my Referral Link

Suzina
01.22.2013 , 10:52 AM | #6
dulfy.net for all kinds of guides and info.

If you want to buy a book at a store because you enjoy having something in your hands you can read on the train, or at your lunch break, or even something to display on your book shelf, I highly recommend the SWTOR encyclopedia. It covers all the lore in the game and has gorgeous visuals throughout.

Above all else, avoid the Prima explorer's guide to swtor. It is a cash-grab trick on players. You know how you hit M and see the map in-game? They copied a ton of those from beta to fill pages and make the book look thick, then without researching anything on the forums threw some guesses together about how the classes operated. Prima doesn't even get what the advanced classes's roles are. That's bad.

Go get the swtor encylcopedia instead.
Member of Bane Fleet

Rafaman
01.22.2013 , 10:55 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Aries_cz View Post
If you look for game guides, hardcopy book is meaningless, as it is outdated the day it gets published.
I suggest guides here on forums in class section, or guides from Noxxic.com

If you look for lore background, history and such, I suggest the SWTOR Encyclopedia (search Amazon or maybe other booksellers for it)
The SWTOR Encyclopedia is incredible. Great information and lore, but I love the art work. It is just outstanding. You can learn the lore fairly quickly and many things can be found elsewhere as well, but the art work is second to none.

Rafaman
01.22.2013 , 11:00 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Suzina View Post
dulfy.net for all kinds of guides and info.

If you want to buy a book at a store because you enjoy having something in your hands you can read on the train, or at your lunch break, or even something to display on your book shelf, I highly recommend the SWTOR encyclopedia. It covers all the lore in the game and has gorgeous visuals throughout.

Above all else, avoid the Prima explorer's guide to swtor. It is a cash-grab trick on players. You know how you hit M and see the map in-game? They copied a ton of those from beta to fill pages and make the book look thick, then without researching anything on the forums threw some guesses together about how the classes operated. Prima doesn't even get what the advanced classes's roles are. That's bad.

Go get the swtor encylcopedia instead.
How could I forget Dulfy.net?! It might be the best site for all things SWTOR. An outstanding guide. I like MMO Mechanics as a Min/Max'er but Dulfy.net is my go to for almost everything else that is not stat related.