Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Making different crew skills worth getting for more players

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Making different crew skills worth getting for more players

MrHotter
01.22.2013 , 09:38 AM | #1
Right now I have a character for every crafting/mission skill at 400.

Every other character I make is now bioanalysis/biochem/slicing. My 'crafting' characters are no longer my main characters. The main reason why is because I'm cheap and lazy. I don't want to spend time on my 400 biochem guy farming/crafting so that my other characters can be equipped with stims/medpaks/adrenals.

It's nice to have the stim buff up 100% of the time without having stacks of them and the ability to use an adrenal every time it comes off of cooldown.

The problem this causes is that it means that biochem becomes the only trade skill that is useful for most characters.

What I'd like to see is something like:
Reusable Hyper-Battle Fortitude Stim
Requires level 48
Requires Biochem, Armormech, or Sythweaving (380)

Reusable Hyper-Battle Skill Stim
Requires level 48
Requires Biochem or Armstech (380)

That way if a player thought that making weapons would make them better at DPS they could use DPS stims/adrenals, and if someone thought that making armor would make them a better tank they could use armor/endurance stims/adrenals.

Of course they would still need a biochem guy to make the reusable items for them, but I don't think we could take away schematics from any crafters.
"I have infinite capacity to do more work as long as you don't mind if my quality approaches zero" -Dilbert

wainot-keel
01.22.2013 , 10:12 AM | #2
So you wanna undermine one of Biochem's way of making money because you're too lazy and cheap to level a craft you find useful ? Damn. To undermine crafting, we have the Cartel Market. No need to come up with other ideas to further aggravate the situation.

Besides, if everybody can have free stims/adrenals 100% time, that kinda defeat the whole purpose of them, which is to provide a certain bonus for certain situations, a bonus you have to pay for (or work for) to have. They might as well add some sort datacron thing / quest that adds that stim/adrenal to you ability book and that would be it if you want that for everybody

Having free stims and adrenals 100% of the time is Biochem's perk. Leave it as it is.

MrHotter
01.22.2013 , 10:32 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by wainot-keel View Post
So you wanna undermine one of Biochem's way of making money because you're too lazy and cheap to level a craft you find useful ? Damn. To undermine crafting, we have the Cartel Market. No need to come up with other ideas to further aggravate the situation.

Besides, if everybody can have free stims/adrenals 100% time, that kinda defeat the whole purpose of them, which is to provide a certain bonus for certain situations, a bonus you have to pay for (or work for) to have. They might as well add some sort datacron thing / quest that adds that stim/adrenal to you ability book and that would be it if you want that for everybody

Having free stims and adrenals 100% of the time is Biochem's perk. Leave it as it is.
How many sets of armor and weapons did you buy from a crafter since you hit max level?

If you could sell re-usable stims/adrenals to every other profession you could still make money. Being the only craft that could make health packs is still a way to make credis. Having one craft be the only one with any end game use is just dumb.

It should have been this way from the start. Armstech should have been making overcharged cells for more energy weapon DPS, and armortech and synthweaving should have been making armor boosts.

Think beyond your only craft that you take.
"I have infinite capacity to do more work as long as you don't mind if my quality approaches zero" -Dilbert

psandak
01.23.2013 , 02:51 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by MrHotter View Post
How many sets of armor and weapons did you buy from a crafter since you hit max level?

If you could sell re-usable stims/adrenals to every other profession you could still make money. Being the only craft that could make health packs is still a way to make credis. Having one craft be the only one with any end game use is just dumb.

It should have been this way from the start. Armstech should have been making overcharged cells for more energy weapon DPS, and armortech and synthweaving should have been making armor boosts.

You forget that armstech, armormech, and synthweaving craft augments. Even the blue quality level 49 augments sell VERY well for a good net profit (and even if you do not have slicing you can get the blue quality sliced parts for a song because the market is so flooded). It is not millions overnight, but I generate a slow but steady income just from blue quality augments on my amormech and synthweaving characters.

Holinyx
01.23.2013 , 08:26 PM | #5
400 in everything over 6 characters. I still actively craft armorings, mods, enhancements, color crystals, earpieces, implants, augment kits, and barrels. i can easily make a million credits a day if i wanted to.

1. you have to remember that there is still a huge market for items level 1-46. i stopped crafting level 50 items a long time ago. except for the MK-5-6 kits. those things sell almost instantly.

2. always sell what is NOT on the gtn.

crafting is not dead by any means and there are still tons of different ways to make alot of money crafting. this may or may not have been the OP's point, but i'm just throwing that out there.
Not all Bounty Hunters die screaming like a 4 yr old girl.

wainot-keel
01.23.2013 , 08:41 PM | #6

You started off this thread that you , out of laziness and cheapness, wanted to have Biochem reusables on the other skills, because well, Biochem has that and it's quite handy.

That's one thing. Another is wanting all skills having some equally useful, but different, desireble perk.

I have all 6 professions at 400

Thundergulch
01.25.2013 , 11:13 AM | #7

What I'd like to see is something like:
Reusable Hyper-Battle Fortitude Stim
Requires level 48
Requires Biochem, Armormech, or Sythweaving (380)

Reusable Hyper-Battle Skill Stim
Requires level 48
Requires Biochem or Armstech (380)
No, absolutely not.

uniz
01.25.2013 , 11:31 AM | #8
why should the game be changed because you are lazy and cheap?

Whitering
01.25.2013 , 12:05 PM | #9
Well, they just made Armstech, Armortech and Synthweaving able to make the augment kits you need for EVERY piece of equipment in the game. That's gone a long ways to making them profitable. I don't know that they need anymore.

Leen_
01.25.2013 , 12:29 PM | #10
well there is a secondary problem with this idea aside from the fact that a lot of people say this is a bad idea and that is Bioware as said in some post that they are not gonna create anymore reuseable items any more (hence why exotech has no resuseable one).

and even if you had a reuseable one say for bio you have to have biotech to even use it