Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

HK-51 quest, sanity buffer overflow

Brimmer
01.20.2013 , 02:49 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by thomasbaxter View Post
Brimmer as much as it's a decent guide, the position of the part is RANDOM so you still gotta cover a lot of ground. Luckily I caught a couple of guys in the temple today and after 20 mins we found the part. Just gotta get the endar spire one now eugh
Aye I did it multiple times. The reason I linked the guide was to help them know where to go to find the parts. Since I have noticed many people fail to read the quest descriptions, which tells them where to scan. If you keep track of where you have scanned, it doesn't take too long.
Check out the spoilers for a good way to earn credits!
Spoiler

dayhak
01.20.2013 , 03:06 PM | #22
I would agree that games are generally funner when missions are a bit harder, and I enjoy something that is a little more challenging, however this quest was not challenging or difficult in anyway; it was simply mind numbingly boring... The size of the areas you have to search are far to large... Now it didn't take me all that long really to find all the parts... I think my longest was on Drommund Kaas which I spent about an hour looking, but that was a long, tedious, intensely boring hour where I nearly quit looking as well... I think TOR is a blast to play, so when I load up i look forward to playing the game, not spending 3-4 hours total on one quest because I gotta scan every pixel on the screen for way longer than i should have to...
The darkness in all of us is patient and generous; sometimes it consumes us. But in its strength lies weakness. One candle is enough to hold off the darkness... Love is more then a candle; love can ignite the stars

Brimmer
01.20.2013 , 05:24 PM | #23
Only annoyance I had with the quest was the fact that each scan took 16 seconds. If it was 5 seconds I doubt many people would complain.
Check out the spoilers for a good way to earn credits!
Spoiler

TakaAioko
01.30.2013 , 02:07 PM | #24
I got my HK this week and yes, scanning those parts was really annoying, zero fun.

uniz
01.30.2013 , 04:29 PM | #25
quest was stupid easy the first week when everyone was looking for them. after that it just became a pita. thankfully i did the quest on five of my 50s during the first week. afterwards i have helped my guildies and a few players in section x do their quest.

doing it now solo with no one around or even a few takes forever. i feel sorry for these players especially those who started playing mmos with wow or wow clones as they are just not used to such a mild time sink. fast and easy is what most gamers now want in mmos. this quest isn't fast but it is easy.

i agree that something needs to be done with the chance of finding the pieces.

CommanderKeeva
01.31.2013 , 01:55 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by uniz View Post
quest was stupid easy the first week when everyone was looking for them. after that it just became a pita. thankfully i did the quest on five of my 50s during the first week. afterwards i have helped my guildies and a few players in section x do their quest.

doing it now solo with no one around or even a few takes forever. i feel sorry for these players especially those who started playing mmos with wow or wow clones as they are just not used to such a mild time sink. fast and easy is what most gamers now want in mmos. this quest isn't fast but it is easy.

i agree that something needs to be done with the chance of finding the pieces.
Yeah the current mechanics is really stupid as you have to rely purely on luck to hit the 25-meter radius. What I think they should do is show the distance to the nearest part after each scan, so you can orient yourself faster. I'd rather try to locate the part from a kilometer away then trude through the muck, fuming when I don't get the distance indicator after each scan.
BEING A GOOD SOLDIER COMES DOWN TO ONE THING, ONE SINGLE QUESTION:
WHAT ARE YOU PREPARED TO SACRIFICE?