This Just In!: Lightning Sorcerer True FoTM

Psirebral

Researchers last night came to a shocking discovery. After extensive testing they have come to the conclusion that Lightning Sorcerers are the true flavor of the month, and not the dreaded smash warriors. Just take a look at the lab rats who fought for hours to prove this theory!

Shortly after this test, they decided to take it a step further and test the other FoTM spec. As you can see in the next video, with enough madness sorcerers one person can be locked into the same position for 10+ seconds. These poor smashers never saw it coming.

Part 2

With this new riveting information we can soon expect a 500% increase to smash's damage because clearly, as it stands, it does not have enough damage to keep up with this reckless killing machines we call lightning sorcerers. I believe just to be safe we should also nerf sorcerers so they are forced to heal... and maybe delete their bubble for the game. BioWare your thoughts?

In other news PTs and Assassins still suck.

PS: Lots of Benny Hill and Cotton Eye Joe music in videos, you may want to mute the sound for the sake of your sanity.

Edited by Psirebral

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I failed to mention that all lightning sorcerers in this video treat the Lightning spec like a leper and try to stay away from it as much as possible.

This is simply not true. Lightning is the best spec for sorcs. In fact I seem to think I have seen some of these sorcs in my full lightning premades.:rolleyes:

That's crazy... here's how I propose Smash be fixed to counter this OP'ness, this should be in the next balance pass:

- Smash now automatically applies Force Crush on all targets hit, slowing them from 60% to 10% and building 4 stacks of Shockwave.

- If this Force Crush is Cleansed/Purged, the target is slain.

Also, I think a 2 second cast Thundering Blast hits for waaaay too much, I think I saw a few crits in there for 3.7k and 3.8k! Why would anyone think a 2 sec cast should do so much damage! Fail BW! You should probably increase the cast duration to balance the damage, maybe 2.5 or 3 seconds.

Some facts for you:

Server Red Eclipse (PvE)

247 warzones between 10th December 2012 and 17th January 2013.

Per zones on average including quitters:

3.76 inquisitor

2.28 warriors

1.47 agents

1.36 bounty hunters

Edited by ElanSolUgad

That's crazy... here's how I propose Smash be fixed to counter this OP'ness, this should be in the next balance pass:

- Smash now automatically applies Force Crush on all targets hit, slowing them from 60% to 10% and building 4 stacks of Shockwave.

- If this Force Crush is Cleansed/Purged, the target is slain.

Also, I think a 2 second cast Thundering Blast hits for waaaay too much, I think I saw a few crits in there for 3.7k and 3.8k! Why would anyone think a 2 sec cast should do so much damage! Fail BW! You should probably increase the cast duration to balance the damage, maybe 2.5 or 3 seconds.

After the attempted purge slays the target they should be removed from the warzone and placed in outlaws den, 1000m above the ground where they immediately fall to their death...again

Also I find it strange that there are no assassins on red eclipse

Edited by JP_Legatus

The only reason the team of madness sorcerers made any sense was:

1. Everyone was a sorcerer so they could purge themselves and each other to prevent building shock-wave.
  2. You had enough sorcerers to permanently root someone.
  3. The other team seemed to lack healers.

Edited by Yeochins

Aside from our self heals, which we weren't supposed to use but I did anyway, there was no healer on either side. This was just a straight TDM with what people believe to be the FoTMs or OP abilities. All done within our guild with a few others as we needed some sorcerers. The people who played Smash play it regularly and the lightning'ers rarely ever touch the spec minus a few.

From the beginning it was meant to be done for fun because we all assumed the lightning sorc team would get crushed and instead it put up a decent fight. Good times all around.

Edited by Psirebral