Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Lent_San
01.17.2013 , 03:20 PM | #5371
Quote: Originally Posted by iamthehoyden View Post
No to my everlasting disappointment. Iresso's growing on me, but Zenith is just...mmm.
That's odd. While I didn't dig him, I don't see why he shouldn't be an option.
Should they rework old companions, they should definitely make him available, if only for OGR.
I'd think this would work better than SGR for him anyhow.

Revanchis
01.17.2013 , 03:21 PM | #5372
I'm not looking forward to play a Consular. It looks like the only interesting companion, you get on Belsavis.

Lent_San
01.17.2013 , 03:28 PM | #5373
Quote: Originally Posted by Revanchis View Post
I'm not looking forward to play a Consular. It looks like the only interesting companion, you get on Belsavis.
It will be interesting to start a Jedi Knight. It's the other force-using class on Rep side, but it's written by Hall Hood and so far I'm quite pleased with how he wrote the smuggler. I'm inclined to see his take on the force.

I can't really say much about the Jedi Knight's companions since I haven't played that class yet, but Doc seems interesting for SGR. Scourge.... not so much.

SithKoriandr
01.17.2013 , 03:34 PM | #5374
Quote: Originally Posted by Lent_San View Post
Should they rework old companions, they should definitely make him available, if only for OGR.
I wonder that about quite a few of them.

Zenith, Scourge, Tanno, Rusk, Talos, Xalek, Lokin, Gault and to an extent Scorpio. All human/nearhuman appearance, or at least no real different than the romancable Twi'lek, Vette.

Xalek may be the mask or not near human enough, and Scorpio because she's a robot, but her AI (from what Ive seen so far) seems to be a more advanced AI, I could be wrong on that. And they may just not want to do the humanoid/droid relation part.

But the rest, I don't see why not.

iamthehoyden
01.17.2013 , 03:34 PM | #5375
My thought on it is that for the characters who aren't current LIs, there wouldn't need to be much of a rework. Scourge and Zenith (the two top picks on my wishlist for OGR ) don't really warm up to the player till the end of Ch3, so it would actually make sense if their romance arcs started in Ch4. Talos, Pierce....

Now for the characters who are current LIs, reworking makes sense to include SGR options for those who want it, possibly with a reset option for companion conversations for existing toons. That would make sense to me.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

SithKoriandr
01.17.2013 , 03:38 PM | #5376
My thought on it is that for the characters who aren't current LIs, there wouldn't need to be much of a rework. Scourge and Zenith (the two top picks on my wishlist for OGR ) don't really warm up to the player till the end of Ch3, so it would actually make sense if their romance arcs started in Ch4. Talos, Pierce....

Now for the characters who are current LIs, reworking makes sense to include SGR options for those who want it, possibly with a reset option for companion conversations for existing toons. That would make sense to me.
Isn't the Male JC's romance option obtained in Chapter 3? I have two JCs, both on different servers, neither that high, but I was pretty sure you don't even get Nadia untill Chapter 3 and she warms up to the male JC.

iamthehoyden
01.17.2013 , 03:43 PM | #5377
Quote: Originally Posted by SithKoriandr View Post
Isn't the Male JC's romance option obtained in Chapter 3? I have two JCs, both on different servers, neither that high, but I was pretty sure you don't even get Nadia untill Chapter 3 and she warms up to the male JC.
Yeah, they're both late in the game, the latest acquisition of LIs in the game, lol. Iresso is on Hoth and Nadia on Belsavis. Both of their characters are...warmer? I guess is the right word...than someone like Scourge or Zenith, who are both expressly distrusting sorts. The JC romances (at least for fem!JC, haven't run a male) feel rushed a bit, but not entirely out of the realm of reasonablness.

Edited cause Hoth is end ch2.
---------------

SithKoriandr
01.17.2013 , 04:07 PM | #5378
Yeah, they're both late in the game, the latest acquisition of LIs in the game, lol. Iresso is on Hoth and Nadia on Belsavis. Both of their characters are...warmer? I guess is the right word...than someone like Scourge or Zenith, who are both expressly distrusting sorts. The JC romances (at least for fem!JC, haven't run a male) feel rushed a bit, but not entirely out of the realm of reasonablness.

Edited cause Hoth is end ch2.
You do have a good point on it be a possibility that more time with them needs to be had. But I was under the impression, looking at Nadia, that it's getting their affection up, that dictates having spent all that time with them.

stuffystuffs
01.17.2013 , 04:08 PM | #5379
Quote: Originally Posted by Revanchis View Post
Consular has my least favorite companions by far (by way far).

I do like Qyzen though.

Nadia's cool but you get her so late.

IDK, maybe you'll think differently.

I'm replaying the class now and one thing that's kind of a drag is recruiting companions (I typically look forward to it).

It will be interesting to start a Jedi Knight. It's the other force-using class on Rep side, but it's written by Hall Hood and so far I'm quite pleased with how he wrote the smuggler. I'm inclined to see his take on the force.
I actually think Drew wrote the main JK story but Hall Hood wrote the companions and some other stuff.

Needless to say, the JK companions are my favorite part of that story XD

I
I can't really say much about the Jedi Knight's companions since I haven't played that class yet, but Doc seems interesting for SGR. Scourge.... not so much.
Scourge is a bad choice for any romance...for reasons.
Node guarder

iamthehoyden
01.17.2013 , 04:27 PM | #5380
Quote: Originally Posted by SithKoriandr View Post
You do have a good point on it be a possibility that more time with them needs to be had. But I was under the impression, looking at Nadia, that it's getting their affection up, that dictates having spent all that time with them.
Not sure what you mean. Could you clarify?
---------------