Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Top 3 GTN annoyances

Darev
12.27.2012 , 10:24 AM | #111
Quote: Originally Posted by DataBeaver View Post
3. People selling items for less than the cost of obtaining them. Luxury fabrics are almost impossible to sell, even if I just want to get rid of them and put a break-even price on them.
This is because they're used in making only 1 "type" of armor, Light armor. Everything else in UT has many different uses across several crafting professions.

I think it was just an attempt at Bioware to add a little bit of diversity in crafting mats, but it failed...miserably...as (just as you stated) we can't even really GIVE them away.

Kariella
12.27.2012 , 11:42 AM | #112
Quote: Originally Posted by LordMordeth View Post
This for me along with other kind of stupid pricing a la:

Item X priced @ 10,000 credits
Item X priced @ 9,999 credits

And so on.. i mean honestly, does that ever work? Cos if i need something and just have to use the GTN and checking the prices i see that crap i will always buy the more expensive one as if people honestly think their massive 'discount' draws buyers, eh..
Believe me that works... I have been playing AH's since they created them (I think i said that before) and I have seen prices go for example 1,000 - 999 - 998 - 997 - 996 etc... and while you might appreciate the quality and buy the higher priced item that has better craftmanship... most people sort by price and buy the lowest item...

so yes... the massive discount does work... you must be the exception that proves the rule
make me and offer and i'll think about it...

wainot-keel
12.27.2012 , 04:07 PM | #113
3 annoyances ? dont know about 3, but 65 pages of the same custom saber schematic is just .... ugh.....

Raora
01.15.2013 , 11:24 AM | #114
Priced have nose dived in the last couple weeks. Did I miss something?

Projawa
01.15.2013 , 03:59 PM | #115
-It would be nice if you could shift click an item to populate its name in the search bar instead of having to type out that name

-The dropdown menu that filters out item usability for me or one of my companion still doesn't work after 1 year

Raora
01.15.2013 , 06:33 PM | #116
is there a way to comparitive shop for your companion while on your ship? When on the fleet you roll mouse over some gear on the GTN, the current gear stats for companion pops up, but when on your ship it does not.

Rincewend
01.15.2013 , 09:33 PM | #117
Quote: Originally Posted by Raora View Post
is there a way to comparitive shop for your companion while on your ship? When on the fleet you roll mouse over some gear on the GTN, the current gear stats for companion pops up, but when on your ship it does not.
No because you are not groupe with him on your ship.

Rincewend
01.15.2013 , 09:37 PM | #118
Quote: Originally Posted by Raora View Post
Priced have nose dived in the last couple weeks. Did I miss something?
Depends on your server, and their markets. For Shadowlands, custom gear and weapons (non-cartel) are really low, speeders are going for 3k (people keep undercutting each other and they keep falling). The Cartel armor, dancer and the covert top are going for 800 a piece. I keep picking up stabilizers in the morning for 4-5k for five (someone keeps posting well below market the average prive is around 125k - 160k).

LewsTelamon
02.17.2013 , 05:06 AM | #119
While i love the wow ah addons i would be completely happy with just being able to shift click and do a search for that item. I mean how hard would that be???
Duct tape is like the force, it has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together. This is the price of freedom: Your last pint of blood, ounce of pain, drop of courage. Paid in advance.

Vithren
02.17.2013 , 08:44 AM | #120
TIP

Regarding shift click, it is a little bit longwinded process but you can do it this way:

1, open your inventory and GTN windows
2, hit ENTER to start typing into chat window
3, shift+left click the desired item in your inventory and the name link will be pasted into the chat entry
4, use arrow keys + shift to highlight part or all of the item name in the chat entry (or just use your mouse but do not copy brackets)
5, use ctrl+x and ctrl+v to cut/paste the text from chat entry into GTN search window

Only thing to look out for is NOT to press ENTER key while the item name is in the chat entry as you will submit it into the chat...

Though this should really work directly when you have GTN window open on your screen you can somewhat work around it