Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

TOR Sith characters got better characterization than Jedi?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
TOR Sith characters got better characterization than Jedi?

Slowpokeking
01.13.2013 , 04:10 PM | #1
Malgus got better character development than Satele for now, sure she has potential. Darth Baras, Darth Jadus, Darth Zash and Thanaton all have very good characterization but the Jedi masters' are not that good.

OldVengeance
01.13.2013 , 07:00 PM | #2
As far as I know, none of the Jedi Masters really have quite the same roles in the plot as any of those Sith.

DAWUSS
01.13.2013 , 07:38 PM | #3
The game seems to be more about the Empire than the Republic and Jedi. Most of the final bosses are Imperial.

BengerJedi
01.13.2013 , 11:56 PM | #4
I tend to agree, though with final bosses, I'm kind of glad that you don't fight any of the major Jedi/Republic characters like Satele and such, basically because I don't want them to die ! But it would've been kind of cool to have developed some of the other more prominent Jedi characters within each Jedi class story, but on the other hand, it allowed other Jedi characters: Orgus, the Jedi strike team that was brainwashed, a couple other council members to be introduced and fleshed out a little.
[IMG]http://i693.photobucket.com/albums/vv296/TheBengston/KitFisto-swrep-1.jpg Dei Zedak: Fist of the Jedi

Genuine
01.14.2013 , 12:06 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
Malgus got better character development than Satele for now, sure she has potential. Darth Baras, Darth Jadus, Darth Zash and Thanaton all have very good characterization but the Jedi masters' are not that good.
a lot of Satele character development is out side the game and in books and comics for instance i was talking to a guild m8 who did't even know that Satele as a Son who is an Agent in the SIS i mean come on there's Comics about it and Even the recent book was about him.
BIOWARE PLEASE RESPOND TO THIS THREAD Collectors edition vendor

Slowpokeking
01.14.2013 , 12:09 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Genuine View Post
a lot of Satele character development is out side the game and in books and comics for instance i was talking to a guild m8 who did't even know that Satele as a Son who is an Agent in the SIS i mean come on there's Comics about it and Even the recent book was about him.
I've read the EU, and her development is still not good enough, typical Jedi chick. However it could change if they get into the good points they made, indirectly through the game.

Vladnar
01.14.2013 , 12:49 AM | #7
So a kinda jedi goes rogue lets kill him, sounds fun LETS DO IT and often. Its all about the EMPIRE...but more seriously you could take this "confused" jedi and slap them in chains they don't ALL have to finish in a box....but they will when we get there. sorry but were thinking for the good of all.
The time of the Empire is now truly upon us

Surinen
01.14.2013 , 10:20 AM | #8
Jedi are overall boring, all they can do is either get a blaster shot into chest/lightsaber or save some unimportant folk. It is impossible to recieve characters like Baras or Malgus if you follow jedi code, because what would they do? make a huge web onf spies to in the end say: surrender, you will become our pirsoner/change yourself o ye mighty evil being!
Aperture Science. We do what we must, because we can. For the good of all of us- Except the ones who are dead.

Maaruin
01.14.2013 , 10:55 AM | #9
Well, the Jedi masters in the Empire stories do indeed get very little characterization and 90% is also mischaracterization.

In generel you're right, the Sith characters do get better characterization. Some Jedi Masters do have potential, though. Especially Orgus and Braga. But you only see them for one chapter, which is kinda sad.
Also, Jaric Kaedan. I'd love if he had been more important throughout the story. (Guess I'll have to write some fanfic.)

There is also Syo Bakarn. He isn't that interesting, but I still thing when it comes to charecterization he is comparable to Thanaton.
"I was one of many. We were servants of the dark side… Sith Lords, we called ourselves. So proud. In the end we were not so proud. We hid… hid from those we had betrayed. We fell… and I knew it would be so."
-Ajunta Pall

Slowpokeking
01.14.2013 , 12:28 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Maaruin View Post
Well, the Jedi masters in the Empire stories do indeed get very little characterization and 90% is also mischaracterization.

In generel you're right, the Sith characters do get better characterization. Some Jedi Masters do have potential, though. Especially Orgus and Braga. But you only see them for one chapter, which is kinda sad.
Also, Jaric Kaedan. I'd love if he had been more important throughout the story. (Guess I'll have to write some fanfic.)

There is also Syo Bakarn. He isn't that interesting, but I still thing when it comes to charecterization he is comparable to Thanaton.
Thanaton is quite annoying and ************, but his character is quite memorable.